Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Walking With Dinosaurs - The Arena Spectacular

Anybody ever seen that live show? We went this afternoon and I was simply blown away, what a dang nice show. Very instructive and while you could see the human legs under the smaller kinds, or hear the mechanical parts hissing with the bigger ones, I thought the effect was pretty good, as long as you let the little kid in you watch it.

We bought a foam dinosaur head for Matthew our 6yo and he had a blast with it. Put it on the moment we gave it to him and then took it off when the show started only to put it back on at the first sight of a dino.

FM

FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:48 PM   #2
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yes - we saw the show at the Verizon Center in DC last September. It was indeed very cool.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
saldana
Pro Starter

i am thinking about taking my girls to this..they are 6 and 3 1/2...thoughts from anyone that has seen it on whether the little one will get scared?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I'd say it depends on the kid. There was a 4yo behind us that cried for maybe 10 minutes at the start and then refused to uncover his eyes for the whole first part of it (35 minutes) and they left at the entr'acte (if that's how you call it in english) but then a couple failies came and sat next to us and with them were maybe a couple that were about 4 and they looked with eyes wide open.

FM
Old 06-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
saldana
Pro Starter

cool, thanks...i guess i will make the decision based on how much the tickets are...if it is more than i am willing to risk wasting, Ali can stay home.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #6
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

yeah, for the show, there's nothing seriously violent about the dinosaurs themselves. There a paleontologist whose sole purpose is to be your guide so he explains stuff and dinosaurs show up. There are no real fight, although he explains how different types of dinosaurs would defend themselves, for example by using their long tail. Some of the dinos are pretty big, as you would expect and the sound is coming through the speaker system, so they could get pretty loud, but only for a couple of them. Most of them only growled although the T-Rex was quite loud and he startled Matthew a bit.

I've been shopping on amazon to order a box set with the different TV shows of the "Walking with" series from BBC. Matthew has been living, breathing dinosaur life for two days now. Even brought his foam head to school to show his friends...

FM