Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-25-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Naughty Bear

I'm so getting this.

&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp

Last edited by MizzouRah : 06-25-2010 at 11:44 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:47 AM   #2
Radii
Head Coach

yeah i'll be playing this.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #3
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I have been looking forward to this one for a couple of months now. I thought I was in the minority(the only one?), but as the game gets closer to its release it seems to be getting alot of attention, not by the media, but by fans on message boards. From what I have seen this game has the potential to be a sleeper hit if it can get some good reviews behind it.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:12 PM   #4
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Care Bears company hasn't filed suit yet? I guess the bears you are assaulting don't have symbols on their chests, but they look too much like care bears.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:16 PM   #5
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The hype trailers are fun but the gameplay trailer shows up the relative weakness IMO. My son put it best, "this looks like a fun arcade game" but I'm under the impression it's going to release at full price.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
The hype trailers are fun but the gameplay trailer shows up the relative weakness IMO. My son put it best, "this looks like a fun arcade game" but I'm under the impression it's going to release at full price.

Not full price but close. $49.99, but if you preorder it at amazon you get a few extra dollars off that price.

They say there are over 30 levels. Assuming each of those take atleast a half hour and there is alot more content here than an arcade game.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:28 PM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wait, this is a real game? lol... I am guessing the ratings board or the "media as influence" crowd ain't too happy about this development.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
Terps
College Prospect

Been messing around with this one since Thursday. I've done the first two missions so far, it's fun for a while but it gets repetitive. You have to score a certain number of points to open up the gate or bridge to the next level. There's power ups to stop your multiplier from going down, and random party gifts lying around to destroy.

Bears will barricade themselves in their houses if they know you're on the loose, call for the cops, or try to escape by car or boat (if you haven't sabotaged or destroyed them yet.) You can sabotage or destroy things in their house too, and I've found that sabotaging things is the best way. The bears will try to fix the sabotaged items and that will enable you to sneak up on them for a super scare or a super kill. If you torture them enough, bubbles will appear over their head and they'll kill themselves.

The weapons are limited, unless more become available later in the game. I've seen a bat, machete, bear trap, and a gun.

The levels I've done so far have required me to usually hunt down one of the bears in the town. You can either sneak through the bushes try to make your way to them, or just kill everyone in the town. As your roam through killing people though, other bears will attempt to kill you, or as I mentioned before, try to escape or call the bear police.

You start out with a 2 rating (out of 4 or 5) in 4 different stats. As you progress you unlock other outfits to increase them. I unlocked a party hat and it increased my strength by 2. There is some replay value, because certain levels or chapters won't unlock unless you get all gold trophies in a certain level.

It's definitely fun to mess around with, but I'll have to see how it is as I progress. Hopefully they aren't selling it for $60 though.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #9
thesloppy
Pro Starter

gamrReview - Naughty Bear (PS3) Review

"If you even manage to complete five levels of Naughty Bear, you're doing pretty well. Manage ten, and you are superhuman. Finish the entire game, and you're probably quite seriously ill, and you should schedule a visit to the doctor as soon as possible. It's the equivalent of watching paint dry while running around in circles and whacking yourself on the head with a hammer, on a rowboat in the middle of the Pacific Ocean in a thunderstorm."
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #10
azjoe_02
High School JV

Wow, that is probably the worst review I've read...
azjoe_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:22 PM   #11
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjoe_02 View Post
Wow, that is probably the worst review I've read...

Gotta love the detail though

I can’t really say that Naughty Bear has any redeeming features. The only thing that comes to mind is the ability to beat other bears to death, and as I’ve mentioned, this gets monotonous, and it’s actively discouraged by the game at times. The pseudo-stealth doesn’t work; “scaring bears” doesn’t really work either; creative kills rarely work, and when they do, you’re rewarded with a poor animation. The graphics are below average; the frame-rate misbehaves often; the controls are unresponsive; they somehow managed to make an English narrator bad. But on top of this, amplifying every problem, is the simple fact that Naughty Bear isn’t enjoyable. It’s mindless violence, and it isn’t enjoyable. When a game revolves around humorous violence and I’m not laughing, something is wrong. When I’m positively dreading the fact that I have to keep playing so that I can write an informed review, something is very, very, very wrong.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #12
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Ouch...
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:48 AM   #13
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, that review is horrible (not the quality of review, the quality of the game). The review does a pretty good job of explaining why the game sucks. I had high hopes for this game. Since GTA couldn't hold my attention for more than a couple of hours, I doubt this game could.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:27 AM   #14
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Yea, one review up on metacritic and it isn't exactly glowing praise either. Still I feel inclined to give this one a shot at some point.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:04 PM   #15
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

1:21 in the first video - naughty indeed
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #16
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
1:21 in the first video - naughty indeed

I don't think they are doing what you think they are doing....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nb.jpg (43.6 KB, 107 views)
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:10 AM   #17
Kodos
Resident Alien

Honestly, it looks like a pretty stupid game.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:36 AM   #18
thesloppy
Pro Starter

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1103142p1.html

"I've only played a few hours of Naughty Bear, but I don't need to waste any more of my time to tell you that this game is a waste of yours. Naughty Bear is an embarrassment and shouldn't be purchased by anyone anywhere."
Old 07-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #19
thesloppy
Pro Starter

On the other hand...

http://rr.xbox360.ign.com/rrview/xbo...054735/125073/

"ign is being dumb this game rocks the sound is grate gameplay grate online is grate what is not to love i love this game and i think people should by it because how good it is i hope for a 2ed naughty bear. so everyone everywhere should by this game and ign is dumb on this one."
Old 07-01-2010, 08:58 AM   #20
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hard to argue with that.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:55 PM   #21
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
I don't think they are doing what you think they are doing....

Ahh he's tying his shoe, okay. My head was in the gutter I guess :/
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #22
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I thought this thread was about Lots-o-huggin bear.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #23
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I thought this was about the rumors of Pooh doing "naughty" things to Christopher Robin.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:21 PM   #24
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm a believer in the free market and all, but I can't help but think how wrong it is for companies to release crappy games.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:05 PM   #25
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I don't understand why you guys are crapping on this game. What doesn't sound fun about running around a grill trying to turn it on.