Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #101
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Hell's kitchen already upon us?

I actually like this seasons cast.. Raj is one nut bag and well, I will watch for Sabrina alone.

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #102
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Yeah, seriously there was like all of a month's break....and they're STILL two hours long? I'd assumed they were trying to kill the show, but apparently the goal is just to achieve 24 hours of Gordon Rasmsey programming in the near future.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:36 PM   #103
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yeah.. was shocked to see it on my DVR last week.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #104
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Yeah, seriously there was like all of a month's break....and they're STILL two hours long? I'd assumed they were trying to kill the show, but apparently the goal is just to achieve 24 hours of Gordon Rasmsey programming in the near future.

I thought the same thing with the 2 hour episodes.

It showing up on the DVR again gave me the excuse to finally remove it from my scheduled recordings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #105
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Deleted it from the queue. It's over between us. We even deleted the remaining eps of his other cooking show too, after watching the first 2 shows (and enduring every cliched AI-turned-cooking-show audition ploy).
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #106
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
We even deleted the remaining eps of his other cooking show too, after watching the first 2 shows (and enduring every cliched AI-turned-cooking-show audition ploy).

That show was horrible. The promos even went so far as to declare it "Like American Idol....but with food!!!". That's a good thing?
Old 09-27-2010, 03:45 PM   #107
Ksyrup

Speaking of Ramsay, I'm pretty sure I remember who this guy is - we watched the first season or two of this before losing interest in the disgustingly awful way they changed the BBC version to make sure it was Springerized enough for America.

Quote:
Kitchen Nightmares chef/owner found dead

Campania owner Joseph Cerniglia, who appeared on an early episode of Fox’s Kitchen Nightmares, was found dead on Friday. His body “was found floating in the Hudson River, authorities said Sunday,” and “[t]he cause of death is under investigation, but ‘no criminality’ is suspected,” according to The Record.

Cerniglia appeared on the show in its first season, in an episode that featured lots of fake editing. But unlike some featured restaurants, his restaurant improved as a result of Ramsay’s attention and yelling.

In 2007, The Record profiled the restaurant as it awaited the episode’s broadcast, and Cerniglia said the show helped his business but “I think the show dumbed me down a little bit. It sort of gives me chills on my spine when I think about it, the way it was edited. That’s what I gave, to get the exposure.”
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #108
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I remember that guy.

I miss the British version of Kitchen Nightmares...and F-Word for that matter.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:38 PM   #109
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I hadn't realized it was starting up again until my DVR recorded it. That blonde girl is CRAZY. And, FINALLY, one of them learns to make risotto before coming on the show...

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:45 PM   #110
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Holly was on last night in the chef's table. That was worth the watch.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #111
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Holly was on last night in the chef's table. That was worth the watch.
Yes, she was looking pretty good. Christina, on the other hand, looks like she got quite a bit wider. Not even rounder. Just wider. That was a little disturbing.

ROCK WAS HOT AS HELL
Old 10-19-2010, 10:42 AM   #112
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Holly is fine, period.

I want that Raj dude back.. he was great.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #113
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I want that Raj dude back.. he was great.

Yeah, he was. And Sabrina is still a crazy beeyatch.

I watch this show only for the drama.

/tk
Old 10-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #114
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Yeah, he was. And Sabrina is still a crazy beeyatch.

I watch this show only for the drama.

/tk

No doubt.. she is definitely a psycho.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #115
thesloppy
Pro Starter

This somehow remains the sleaziest show on TV.

"I think someone's putting on her bra, quick get a shot of that! Is someone coming out of the bathroom?!?"
Old 10-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #116
Ksyrup

In retrospect, this show never recovered from the one-two punch of Matt in Season 4 and Lacey in Season 5. They were the perfect characters on this show. After that, the show lost something and they kept trying to make it more extreme, but it just got stale.

Matt should have had his own show. I LOVED that guy.

http://

Old 11-11-2010, 12:23 PM   #117
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

In past seasons, it always seemed like there were 8-10 donkeys, 3 people that were good workers, but not management types and then 3 quality ones. This season, seems like they are all one big pile of shit. Maybe that will be the catch at the end, no one wins.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 11-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #118
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I hate everybody this season.

Watching last night's episode now...seems like a waste of time.

/tk
Old 11-18-2010, 06:56 PM   #119
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Pretty much everybody sucks this season. That one dude (Russel?) seems like the only serviceable excuse for a kitchen worker of any stripe, I have no idea who he is going to cook against in the final.

As an aside, I am continually amazed as the quality of this show continues to slide in concert with Ramsay's reputation and finances, that he is still able to pull very reputable and respected chefs to come prance around in front of these doofuses with him.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:36 PM   #120
Ksyrup

Yet another reason this show has fallen out of favor with me. I don't know anything about this chick, but my guess is this is no coincidence:

Hell’s Kitchen winner Holli gets cash prize after visa to work in London denied

November 22, 2010, 5:59 PM

Hell’s Kitchen 7 winner Holli Ugalde has received a cash prize instead of a job at Gordon Ramsay’s Savoy Grill in London after the production company failed to get her a work visa. She joins the list of the show’s winners who did not receive their announce prizes.

Instead of working with Andy Cook at the new restaurant, Holly got cash. An ITV Studios America rep told the Daily Mail that “due to legal reasons Holli Ugalde will not be able to take up the chef position at the Savoy Grill. … Despite our best efforts, we have been unable to obtain a work visa for Holli. In accordance with the terms of her contract with ITV, Holli has been paid the cash prize instead.”

A Gordon Ramsay spokesperson said, “We were sorry to find out that Holli Ugalde can’t join the team. Holli is a great chef and it’s terrific that she’s doing so well in the US.”
Old 12-15-2010, 10:31 PM   #121
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Spoiler
Old 12-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #122
Bad-example
College Starter

So glad that the twat lost.

I'm still a bit shocked that Nona made it to the end after that episode where she precooked all the steaks. I thought it was hilarious when Russ was getting trashed in the diary room comments. Also funny were the final comments by Russ blaming his loss on his staff. What an ass.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:08 AM   #123
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
Also funny were the final comments by Russ blaming his loss on his staff. What an ass.

But he is going to blackball them all..

Ungracious fuck turd
Old 12-16-2010, 10:31 AM   #124
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I think Russell may have failed to realize the entire show is kind of an audition and interview for potential employers.