Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Baltimore back in business

Baltimore has opened the doors of their old office, dusted of the trophy case and fired up the ol' Commodore 64 used generations ago to track player development back in the pioneer days of the FOOL.

2100 is NOT what i was expected. Where are the flying cars and one peice silver jump suits that I was promised in every sci-fi movie?

Regardless of my disapointments, there have been many technological advances in the past 50 years since I last piloted a FOOL franchise. The least of which being the cryogentics chamber which has frozen my body and mind in the svelt wrinkle free 2011 edition of ekcut. Sure the side effects of uncontrollable flatulence and a total inability to spell or punctuate properly are a nuicense...but the ability to still lay by the cyber lake popping dehydrated Corona capsules while rocking my banana hammock is worth it!

Techno advances or not, no super computer or cyborg can teach a player to hit a curveball...and that's why I am here.

Baltimore has a decent team, better then it's record shows. There will be no blow up, dismantling or fire sale. I am looking to get into the playoffs NOW and am open for all trade ideas.

hit me up via PM......GOD it is sure nice to be back!
(i'd give ya'll a big hug, but your decrepid 2100 bodies are NASTY and I don't want to come in physical contact with y'all...no offense)

FOOL- Leduc Bullets

ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Welcome back Cotter (one of the most underrated shows of all time) I mean ekcut.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Yayyyy! Welcome back ekcut!!!
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:20 PM   #4
Tasan
College Starter

Glad to have you back! You'll find that much hasn't changed. Well all still moan and groan about late season collapses and are completely surprised when something actually works right. You should feel right back at home!
Old 01-31-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Charm School

On the eve of a new season, the Baltimore Charm propaganda machine is steaming ahead at full power!
In the year 2103, while the rest of the world is using telepathy typewriters that literally can put thoughts on paper, the Charm organization is still stuck in the 21st century typing things out manually...and poorly I must say.

This Baltimore franchise has a proud tradition, and although we embrace that tradition, we also realize that not all new technology are evil! We may not understand the intricacies of the inverted hydro-dynamic laser biometric synthesizing training unit, but there is no denying it's effectiveness! Players today are strong, faster and smarter then ever before, and the Baltimore franchise can not be left behind.

So today I am proud to announce that we have broken ground on a new stadium, that will not only be a modern marvel of technology, but it will be built on the very spot of the very first "Gotham Stadium" back in 1961 and will have a traditional look and feel to house the ghosts of this cities past hero's.

This stadium will have all of the state of the art advances such as, jet lifts to the upper deck, and personal relief stations at each seat so you never have to wait in line in the washrooms again. Every seat will have a Sony Haloset viewing system that will allow fans to watch other games from around the league, while at the ballpark enjoying your favorite team.
A team of highly skilled scientists are putting the finishing touches on the Bartman security force field that will prevent any fan or thrown object from interfering with the play on the field, while still allowing foul balls and homerun through to give lucky fans a chance for a souvenir and/or concussion! An amazing new hotdog cooker, that no matter how hot your ballpark frank is cooked, it is guaranteed to be cold and the bun mushy by the time you reach your seat!!!!....Just like how your Great great great grandfather had to eat!!!
More importantly...the Bowflex that Marcos Cintrón used back in 1961, will still be in the team gym, but we have added every device from the Flobee to the Crunchimulator XR7 to aid in player development.

This stadium will be built using old school methods though. We will not be employing hover-cranes, propulsion decks or any cyborg workers...this stadium will be constructed from brick and wood and will be built the traditional American way...one brick at time by immigrant minimum wage workers!
Due to our desire to capture the look and feel of historical fake baseball, the build time for the stadium will not be the usual 3 weeks like most stadiums are built nowadays, but will probably not be ready until the 2106 season. Check back in a year or two for an exciting announcement as we name the stadium and prepare for life in the 22nd century.

As for the current addition of your Baltimore Charm, things are looking as good on the field as the are off.
The Charm have turned the corner, and the phrase "Who is that effin guy playing 2nd base" is no longer heard. The organization received its first "A grade" in the pre-season Alanmanac. Does this guarantee success....no it doesn't...but it does mean we will be in for an exciting season!

Play Ball!!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets

Last edited by ekcut : 01-31-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:34 PM   #6
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Bartman part hilarious. Diehard Cubs fan here and that year still hurts. Not Bartmans fault though. Its the dang goats fault.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:33 PM   #7
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

I'd like to introduce to the FOOL the return of the Batimore Gothams!
Winners of the very first FOOL championship and one of the most storied franchises in history, the Old Gothams return with a new look.

This makes the 3rd entry of a Baltimore Gotham franchise.
The first, was is 1961, a year in which the Gothams won the first of back to back championships.
The second, was in 1978, a year in which the Gothams also won the first of back to back championships.
So will history repeat itself again? Loyal Baltimore fans hope so!

Attached Images
File Type: png Baltimore Team Logol.png (26.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Gotham Model.jpg (29.8 KB, 9 views)

FOOL- Leduc Bullets