Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #1301
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
If EF is Tattaglia shouldn't one of us be dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Maybe you already are, Mckerney ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Phillip Tattaglia takes out a good guy in retaliation, and it's mckerney. mckerney was Appolonia and a good guy!

(it was random, honest!)

That was worth it to a minor degree.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #1302
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Tyke was scanned good also Jackal. So it'd be you or J23 for me, but I don't suspect theres another. Has there been a game with six wolves before? (all on the same side, I'm not counting the Vegas game).
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #1304
Zinto
College Starter

Vote Autumn
Vote Nightfall
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #1305
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Tyke was scanned good also Jackal. So it'd be you or J23 for me, but I don't suspect theres another. Has there been a game with six wolves before? (all on the same side, I'm not counting the Vegas game).

Right, good point. And I've no idea about that.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #1306
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

J23, bhlloy, and CF needed for unanimous nightfall.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #1307
bhlloy
Coordinator

Vote Autumn
Vote Nightfall

I thought we could only vote nightfall once a game, or is that not the standard WW rules?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #1308
bhlloy
Coordinator

BTW I scanned Zinto as a throwaway because I figured the game was over and he seemed as good as anyone. I guess Autumn would have been a better play huh?

Zinto is a wolf... just kidding. He's clean.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #1309
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

As far as I know there's no limit on the number of votes that can be nightfall, it's just that everyone has to agree with it.

In retrospect, it would've been better to scan one of the remaining neutrals rather than an unchallenged good role, but I don't think it will matter.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #1310
J23
College Benchwarmer

vote Autumn
vote Nightfall
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #1311
J23
College Benchwarmer

vote Autumn
vote Nightfall

I really mean it this time!
Old 03-18-2011, 12:25 PM   #1312
J23
College Benchwarmer

Only Chief left for nightfall. Hope he wakes up soon!
Old 03-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #1313
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I can't imagine that there's another. If there is, I think I have to vote Jackal only because I can't believe JAG would have killed Jeff to let us get the double wolf kill.

In my defense, my role counts double on villagers and yet I managed to stay almost completely clear of them (only being on CR day1 for a bit before switching to Tyke to nullify my vote, and bholly for a few minutes before his reveal.)

Anyway, I think the game should be over once CF stops in, so it likely doesn't matter.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #1314
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Only Chief left for nightfall. Hope he wakes up soon!

Chief is still alive?

UNVOTE CRIMSONFOX
VOTE CHIEF RUM

This must be a zombie game.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #1315
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
That was worth it to a minor degree.

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #1316
J23
College Benchwarmer

Bah! CF, CR, what's the difference.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #1317
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'm really curious what the restrictions on the wolves' PMs were. With so many wolves, I'm sure there had to be some limiter that handicapped them a bit.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #1318
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

WOW My Spidey sense WAS right about Autumn all along! Autumn I am never trusting you again!

VOTE AUTUMN
VOTE NIGHTFALL
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #1319
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Glad i woke up
Old 03-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #1320
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

HAHAHAHA bhlloy and JAG you guys oh me a drink for saving your asses so many times.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #1321
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

owe, not oh (brain still asleep)
Old 03-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #1322
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
BTW I scanned Zinto as a throwaway because I figured the game was over and he seemed as good as anyone. I guess Autumn would have been a better play huh?

Zinto is a wolf... just kidding. He's clean.

yeah I would have scanned Autumn or mckerney as they were the most suspect. BUt his lies are his own truth serum ironically
Old 03-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #1323
Passacaglia
Coordinator

All right, let's call this thing. Autumn was The Turk!

The Corleone Family wins!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:49 PM   #1324
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Thanks for playing everyone!
Old 03-18-2011, 01:51 PM   #1325
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

BTW.

So I didnt try to save Darth because I didnt know he was a wolf . Two wolf teams, we couldnt communicate and didn't know each other.

I also thought Eagle may be seer, so we attacked him. He wasn't blocked by bodyguard, wolf just can't kill wolf.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #1326
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Good game all!!

Old 03-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #1327
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
WOW My Spidey sense WAS right about Autumn all along! Autumn I am never trusting you again!

VOTE AUTUMN
VOTE NIGHTFALL

Glad I was right about it to, thought I'd misjudged it after we caught EF.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #1328
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Also it was Martin, me and Lathum on my team.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:55 PM   #1329
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
HAHAHAHA bhlloy and JAG you guys oh me a drink for saving your asses so many times.

You know what's funny? After you got the block D3, I was going to post in thread something like, "A wolf kill and a block, I need to buy Luca a drink after this game.". And that was before I even knew you had saved me with the block.

Good game village, a very good team effort. BTW Tyke, I'm impressed you were able to talk yourself out of lynched D1 + D2. bhlloy, I had no idea you were the seer. You new guys are pretty darn good.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #1330
Autumn
Head Coach

Dragged it out long enough. I would have offed myself!

You certainly had me, CF, though I still feel like it was just 'cause I was on you, and I would have been on you either way.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #1331
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
BTW.

So I didnt try to save Darth because I didnt know he was a wolf . Two wolf teams, we couldnt communicate and didn't know each other.

I also thought Eagle may be seer, so we attacked him. He wasn't blocked by bodyguard, wolf just can't kill wolf.

Oh, that's hilarious. So you took turns doing the NK?
Old 03-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #1332
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Holy crap crazy game. No WONDER Martin and EF's voting was so weird. CRAZY good game Pass. Love all the extreme roles
Old 03-18-2011, 01:58 PM   #1333
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, the new guys did great. Now it's time to kick thier asses!

Having the two wolf teams made it hard. And then having all the roles in the game made it really hard. I knew from day one that we were going to get caught in the end. Our best chance (DV, EF and I) was to get EF trusted, since he had a possibly good role. But we didn't reveal soon enough and it blew up.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #1334
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
BTW.

Yep. This was a byproduct of the last game where I was a wolf -- I felt like with 5 people, it was just too many, so I wanted to see how this would work, especially without the village knowing and making it a big talking point. I wondered if it might end up saving the wolves from themselves -- granted, wolves will typically vote another wolf to gain trust (see last game), but I was curious what it would be like if it happened without the wolves even knowing it.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #1335
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks Pass, fun game, rather nerve-wracking.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #1336
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

I think, though we weren't aware of what the rule was. That's how it turned out though, alternating.

Once there were four wolves left we could all chat (though at that point it was really three since Jeff and DV both bought it).
Old 03-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #1337
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Dragged it out long enough. I would have offed myself!

You certainly had me, CF, though I still feel like it was just 'cause I was on you, and I would have been on you either way.

But that's just it, it's never JUST because someone is on me. It's HOW you vote and WHAT you say (the general you) that always sets off an alarm. THe first three games I played this game when someone gives a long weird explanation that contains weird sometimes untrue thigns to me, they've turned up wolves. I've been paranoid of things like that ever since and learned to never disregard it.

You usually have lots of analysis but it is usually lighter and more supportive to ideas rather than trying to put THAT much direct suspicion on people.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #1338
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

It was random. You both submitted orders, random which team got the kill, sometimes both could.

So really we could have submitted the kill on Eagle and the other team could have actually gone after someone who was protected by BG, and maybe we just didn't even attempt on EF.

Crazy game for wolf.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #1339
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

It would have been random, but randomness was never needed. Night 1, Danny was protected by Luca, so the other team got the kill. Nights 2 and 3, EagleFan kept getting attacked by the other wolf team, and I was not going to allow wolves to kill each other, so the other team got the kill. Once there were 4 or less wolves, they were going to be combined, and I think that happened by Night 4?
Old 03-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #1340
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Thanks Pass, fun game, rather nerve-wracking.

I've been uberstressed all week ever since day 2. Geez 6 wolves with all those "against villagers" roles. Intense.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #1341
Autumn
Head Coach

Having the two teams was interesting, Pass. I think it helped the village some, as there were people I suspected of having a role, but weren't sure if they were villagers or wolves. I didn't mind voting htem, as we'd at least gain trust from voting a wolf, but I didn't want to nightkill a wolf (I wasn't aware that such a kill wouldn't work).

But the village not knowing about the two teams was in our favor, so I think it balanced out.

Personally my only complaint is that i don't think it works to have games where everyone has a role, not if some of the roles are definitely bad. I was a wolf in the 24 game, I think the last game that did that. I had a scheme here to at least buy us some kills with fake reveals, but I think it makes it too easy for the village.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #1342
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Also, I was worried about the mass reveal, and if that happened, the wolves would have got two kills to balance it out. The mass reveal did happen at the end, and I felt bad about the poor balancing aspect of allowing that, but the villagers also made some insanely good plays, too.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #1343
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
It would have been random, but randomness was never needed. Night 1, Danny was protected by Luca, so the other team got the kill. Nights 2 and 3, EagleFan kept getting attacked by the other wolf team, and I was not going to allow wolves to kill each other, so the other team got the kill. Once there were 4 or less wolves, they were going to be combined, and I think that happened by Night 4?

LOL! That means every night I did something right. I feel vindicated for the last few times I did this. That does it, I'm using the hunter role every time I get it! Screw odds.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #1344
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Having the two teams was interesting, Pass. I think it helped the village some, as there were people I suspected of having a role, but weren't sure if they were villagers or wolves. I didn't mind voting htem, as we'd at least gain trust from voting a wolf, but I didn't want to nightkill a wolf (I wasn't aware that such a kill wouldn't work).

But the village not knowing about the two teams was in our favor, so I think it balanced out.

Personally my only complaint is that i don't think it works to have games where everyone has a role, not if some of the roles are definitely bad. I was a wolf in the 24 game, I think the last game that did that. I had a scheme here to at least buy us some kills with fake reveals, but I think it makes it too easy for the village.

I'm pretty sure I told both teams that wolves wouldn't be able to kill each other early on, but it did get a bit confusing to remember what stuff I told to which team
Old 03-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #1345
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The other team attacked EF. That's hilarious! You know I actually did have an inkling that EF might be the Seer with his weird lingo.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #1346
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
LOL! That means every night I did something right. I feel vindicated for the last few times I did this. That does it, I'm using the hunter role every time I get it! Screw odds.

Yeah, my unbiased opinion though is that was a bad move on Lathum .

Spin all you want, it was 100% complete luck with huge risk and pissed him off something fierce .

Last edited by jeff061 : 03-18-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #1347
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Oh wow, I had no idea. That could have been an advantage.

We made some bad decisions along the way that really hindered us. Not having a good guess as to who was the seer or bodyguard led to some bad night kill choices. We had the horsehead at one point and could have gotten lucky there. My plan was to have Martin reveal as Connie before Connie revealed, and have myself reveal as Phillip, with the hope of getting the real Connie lynched, me lynched, and EF trusted. It could have gotten him to last a while I think, and if we'd gotten the seer, given us a pretty good run. You guys got right on him though before we could do that.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #1348
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Yeah, I really didn't think Luca would make a kill. First off, he doesn't get to protect anyone if he does it, and even if he does hit a wolf, there's a good chance he'll die from it?
Old 03-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #1349
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Educated Guess we'll call it. I really wouldn't have done it if I had no reads whatsoever.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #1350
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

JAG, looks like our 4-kill villager day wouldn't have happened after all. All that would have happened is Autumn would have killed me and you guys wouldn't have known why or who.