Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-03-2003, 03:14 AM   #101
Axxon
Pro Starter

I typed a meaningful Lenny Bruce quote in another thread which really belongs here but I'm not going to put it in again.

My point is though, don't people realizing that by making major issues of things like these that they are actually giving them power? People are drawn to the forbidden like moths to a candle and there are people who are banking on that.

Anybody want to bet that the neonazi skinheads are going to give up using the swastika any time soon? No, especially when they see what a rise it's use gets. That's what these people want after all, some attention. The good people of Texas have VALIDATED their symbol for them. It's really sad.

What really bothers me though is that it shifts the attention AWAY from where it needs to be. Let me explain.

I am a spic. Call me that. Won't bother me. I may wonder where you're coming from but it won't bother me. It's only words and you're entitled to yours. Have at it. I'll survive just fine thank you very much.

Now, what DOES bother me is that they bring in migrant workers, mostly hispanic, many illegal, pay them a meager wage, house them in inadequate housing at exhorbitant prices just so we can pay a little less for our fruits and vegetables. No big uproar about this though. Doesn't break any PC rules. It's just business. That bothers me.

Speedy Gonzalez? Hell, they can't even show him anymore. Offends the mexicans. But, we can still treat them like economic slaves so we can have our cobb salads at lunch. Every time some group gets up in arms over meaningless bullshit I wonder where they're at when the real bullshit goes down and I certainly don't believe it goes down because of a cartoon or a half time show or any crazy crap like that.

It goes down because the so called do gooders couldn't give a damn except to get a little bit of attention themselves. Well thank you very much.

As a hispanic I really can't exactly put myself into the shoes of the people offended by the holocaust though Spain suffered massively due to Nazi intervention. The closest I can really come is the sinking of the Armada and that's really not that big of a deal.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:59 AM   #102
Schmidty
Coordinator

It is clear that nobody on this board from opposite ends of the political spectrum will ever open their mind enough to see things from a fresh point of view, so why doesn't everyone here just do themselves a favor and shut the fuck up.

More fluff threads = Happy fun time

More political threads = Talking to a brick wall

Last edited by Schmidty : 10-03-2003 at 03:59 AM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 05:31 AM   #103
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmidty
It is clear that nobody on this board from opposite ends of the political spectrum will ever open their mind enough to see things from a fresh point of view, so why doesn't everyone here just do themselves a favor and shut the fuck up.

More fluff threads = Happy fun time

More political threads = Talking to a brick wall

Sure, the MINUTE the spic speaks we all gotta shut the fuck up. Racist.