Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-20-2011, 06:30 PM   #1751
Zinto
College Starter

I still disagree with the premise that Jag not voting NTN was wolfish. More then likely a wolf would go the easy way and vote for NTN it makes no sense not to. Why make a vote that would look kind of bad after NTN's allegiance was discovered? Also Eagle told us how much health NTN had so diverging from him was not as bad of a play as you are making it sound.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:34 PM   #1752
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Then why use bauer's bomb on ntn the night before with no intention of killing him and then refuse to vote for him? I juat don't buy his excuse of a brutal wolf which we see he read wrong
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #1753
Zinto
College Starter

Using Bauer's bomb on NTN I will admit was a bit odd since he was so set on Jackal. That being said a combination of everything else that I have said makes me trust Jag more then Jackal. I just do not see a wolf not taking the easy way out in any voting situation. I don't see a wolf getting rid of himself just to get rid of a villager.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #1754
Zinto
College Starter

DV do you count as a villager in an end game scenario?
Old 07-20-2011, 06:58 PM   #1755
Danny
Head Coach

As of 1754

Keyser: Melisandre, Dwight, Mal, Jayne
Melisandre: Keyser, Super Grover, Oscar
Oscar: Athena

Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #1756
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Using Bauer's bomb on NTN I will admit was a bit odd since he was so set on Jackal. That being said a combination of everything else that I have said makes me trust Jag more then Jackal. I just do not see a wolf not taking the easy way out in any voting situation. I don't see a wolf getting rid of himself just to get rid of a villager.

I understand that, I really do. I'm not trying to dissuade suspicion of Jackal but more stating my case for why I feel the way I do on JAG.

re: voting situation - i agree in general, however, we've already seen random (to us) decisions by the wolves as far as NKs go so I don't think it's impossible for a wolf to take the easy way out because you'd never expect them to.

ok now my head hurts, this is why I"m glad I don't have (or have won) a BG ability... I always overthink it "i'll outsmart them because they'll think they outsmarted me when I really see that coming because they don't think I'll think that" etc...

I don't agree with your conclusion but I understand your reasoning, the only part I didn't understand was "getting rid of himself just to get rid of a villager" part
Old 07-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #1757
The Jackal
Coordinator

So you think because he -didnt- vote for a wolf that makes him more trusted? Dizzying logic. We've seen several times wolves being saved from lynches with powers. Leaving outlying votes just seems to be very anti-village at this stage.

Stupid NTN voting for me. At the time he was doing it because I was the other target, but you think because he left his vote there instead of moving it to someone like Autumn it was to buy me trust? I don't really know how to refute that.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #1758
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
DV do you count as a villager in an end game scenario?

I got a chuckle out of this. Not making fun but what do you expect him or anyone to answer?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #1759
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I got a chuckle out of this. Not making fun but what do you expect him or anyone to answer?

I can hope can't I
Old 07-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #1760
The Jackal
Coordinator

All I ask of the people voting for me (well, aside from JAG) is that you make your own decision/opinion instead of voting for me because you want to trust his gut. If you think the information we have combined with the way we've played makes me the better candidate, there's not much I can do with that. But I don't like seeing posts like "well JAG is a good villager so I'm willing to go with him" when no one knows he's actually a villager. Would be a completely different story if he had been scanned or some such, but he hasn't been.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #1761
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:

I don't agree with your conclusion but I understand your reasoning, the only part I didn't understand was "getting rid of himself just to get rid of a villager" part

If like I laid out that if Jackal turns up a villager then Jag is next on my chopping block. Why would he risk that just to get rid of Jackal.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:08 PM   #1762
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
So you think because he -didnt- vote for a wolf that makes him more trusted? Dizzying logic. We've seen several times wolves being saved from lynches with powers. Leaving outlying votes just seems to be very anti-village at this stage.

Wouldn't it make more sense to vote for an easy wolf then throw out a vote that would look bad?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #1763
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Wouldn't it make more sense to vote for an easy wolf then throw out a vote that would look bad?

So villagers should make bad votes because that makes them look less like wolves?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #1764
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
All I ask of the people voting for me (well, aside from JAG) is that you make your own decision/opinion instead of voting for me because you want to trust his gut. If you think the information we have combined with the way we've played makes me the better candidate, there's not much I can do with that. But I don't like seeing posts like "well JAG is a good villager so I'm willing to go with him" when no one knows he's actually a villager. Would be a completely different story if he had been scanned or some such, but he hasn't been.

I know this is somewhat directed at me and I definitely voted for you yesterday because of it. Today I have listed the reasons why I am voting for you.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #1765
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Chubby, we've been over this, but I originally sent in my use of the bomb on Jackal, but I was worried he'd use his night power to send it against someone randomly, so I took the safer (to the village) route of using it on ntn.

I think where I really don't get where you're coming from on me is that you're making it out as if the conversation yesterday was all about me. Yesterday the talk was about me, Jackal, and Schmidty. Today the talk has been the same except subbing you in for Jackal. I have talked about you today because a lot of the more cleared players were discussing you, but most of my chatter has been trying to drum up support for a Jackal lynch.

I also think the idea that I would be more trustworthy if I attacked someone else the past few days instead of continuing on Jackal is weird. I'm trying to bring down the person I think is most wolf-like. This isn't like a regular game where the votes would otherwise be considered throwaway votes. I'm going after him continually because no one has made a convincing case for an alternative and by continuing to attack him, I'm keeping the pressure up instead of letting him heal up so I can attack someone I think is less likely to be a wolf.

Re the ntn vote, I was basically proven right in not attacking him as it would have been useless overkill. If he hadn't died, I would accept you'd have a leg to stand on with that argument.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:11 PM   #1766
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If like I laid out that if Jackal turns up a villager then Jag is next on my chopping block. Why would he risk that just to get rid of Jackal.

I don't disagree with this at all as well as the inverse, as I've said, they are both in my last tier of being trusted as neither has done anything concrete to prove themselves.

JAG - "why I've done all these seemingly one-man
attacks on Jackal (they've all been aided by an additional person), and why I
didn't get as hurt as you might've expected after the attacks on me yesterday
(one of the people who attacked me actually attacked Jackal)" (post #1622)

how is another person aiding him without knowledge being given to the rest of us??? Since this was posted while I was at work I missed it in my trying to catch up mode when I got home but have been going thru today rereading...
Old 07-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #1767
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

Always vote a wolf when you have one in your grasp. I realize this game is different in that leading a vote doesn't necessarily kill a person, but I still like to play with fundamental werewolf theories. I could have voted for JAG because he'd been zoomed in on me but I voted for the person I thought most likely to be a wolf.

I know I didn't do that earlier when Tyrith was on the block, but he was wounded, and was NTN wounded? I feel like when he disappeared he didn't take damage, though I could be wrong.

All I know is JAG is using DT and Schmidty's allegiance against me because they were villagers, and yet he took down TMIMITW and DT who were both villagers, and is now taking another down, though of course I can't prove that because no one was nice enough to scan me. Grr.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #1768
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
So villagers should make bad votes because that makes them look less like wolves?

It is not necessarily a bad vote. If you end up being a wolf then it is not a bad vote. We can't keep dwelling on either Jag or you we have to make a decision(I wish we would have done so yesterday instead of today) because we have not had a case presented for any of the others in too many days.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:13 PM   #1769
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
JAG - "why I've done all these seemingly one-man
attacks on Jackal (they've all been aided by an additional person), and why I
didn't get as hurt as you might've expected after the attacks on me yesterday
(one of the people who attacked me actually attacked Jackal)" (post #1622)

how is another person aiding him without knowledge being given to the rest of us??? Since this was posted while I was at work I missed it in my trying to catch up mode when I got home but have been going thru today rereading...

That's a good point, I forgot about this. That's another piece of info that JAG kept to himself. He's done that several times and is taking 0 flack for it.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:15 PM   #1770
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
It is not necessarily a bad vote. If you end up being a wolf then it is not a bad vote. We can't keep dwelling on either Jag or you we have to make a decision(I wish we would have done so yesterday instead of today) because we have not had a case presented for any of the others in too many days.

Almost entirely because the only case floating around has been his on me. I was trying to avoid it because I felt he was a villager. He's been the one keeping the village involved in this, not me. When I turn up villager, he'll use everything you guys have been talking about in terms of him making moves that seem like maybe something a wolf wouldn't do because only dumb wolves would do it? to convince you not to take him down next.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:15 PM   #1771
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Always vote a wolf when you have one in your grasp. I realize this game is different in that leading a vote doesn't necessarily kill a person, but I still like to play with fundamental werewolf theories. I could have voted for JAG because he'd been zoomed in on me but I voted for the person I thought most likely to be a wolf.

I know I didn't do that earlier when Tyrith was on the block, but he was wounded, and was NTN wounded? I feel like when he disappeared he didn't take damage, though I could be wrong.

All I know is JAG is using DT and Schmidty's allegiance against me because they were villagers, and yet he took down TMIMITW and DT who were both villagers, and is now taking another down, though of course I can't prove that because no one was nice enough to scan me. Grr.

We knew how much defense and health NTN had, thus Jag's vote was not a waste. Eagle only had 7 HP and he had 0 defense. Still I think 9 characters attacked him.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #1772
The Jackal
Coordinator

And that's if he's even a wolf. He's still not at the top of my list, but I don't have a choice at this point. Theres been no better case presented because the wolves have taken opportunities to plant seeds of trust for themselves. If I was a wolf I would have done the same thing.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #1773
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
We knew how much defense and health NTN had, thus Jag's vote was not a waste. Eagle only had 7 HP and he had 0 defense. Still I think 9 characters attacked him.

I keep forgetting about the reveal of NTN's HP. I guess this is one of those situations were the outlying vote isn't as suspicious.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #1774
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I keep forgetting about the reveal of NTN's HP. I guess this is one of those situations were the outlying vote isn't as suspicious.

But there's so many hidden abilities. Who's to say a wolf couldn't have cancelled out some attacks on NTN, or switched someone's attack like JAG did? Leaving things to chance isn't a great idea usually.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #1775
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
That's a good point, I forgot about this. That's another piece of info that JAG kept to himself. He's done that several times and is taking 0 flack for it.

I am not upset about Jag not telling us about one of his powers, I have not told you mine, and I do not think Barkeep or Mau has either. He said he could move someone's attack and he said he has done so. It is something we can neither confirm nor deny.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #1776
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

JAG voted 1st thing after Danny processed the day, it's not like he switched late when we knew there was enough on ntn. He was the 1st to vote overall (i was 2nd, voting ntn) and never moved.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #1777
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I am not upset about Jag not telling us about one of his powers, I have not told you mine, and I do not think Barkeep or Mau has either. He said he could move someone's attack and he said he has done so. It is something we can neither confirm nor deny.

Well, he revealed because BK analyzed him or whatever. And I guess I understand keeping this "unidentified person helping me" secret. Probably R'hllor or something. But it's still just info that he's not letting out, and it bugs me. I've told everything about me in the interest of full disclosure, and he never did.

In fact, I wasn't even asked to reveal, and if I hadn't he would have used that bomb ability on me.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #1778
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

He also said he has had help from another character, how is that possible without us knowing and him not being a wolf and who is it?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #1779
Zinto
College Starter

If you aren't a wolf Jackal make the case why the remaining players are wolves.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #1780
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Well, you can reasonably determine that something saved Autumn's muppet from Tyrith and I was the only one to take credit for that. There's a reasonably straightforward way to prove I can still do it, but I don't want to be accused of stalling for time unless multiple people insist.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #1781
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
He also said he has had help from another character, how is that possible without us knowing and him not being a wolf and who is it?

I am pretty sure he is talking about he has moved other characters attacks thus he had help from other characters.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:25 PM   #1782
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

You missed where we discussed that I can 'predict' (aka make) a players attack for the following day each night.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:30 PM   #1783
Zinto
College Starter

I am hoping that Barkeep will decide on Jackal or Jag and who ever needs to switch will do so since we need all the villagers to attack one person.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #1784
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
If you aren't a wolf Jackal make the case why the remaining players are wolves.

DV - Most likely neutral. Could have an ability where he resists up to a certain # of attacks .. how many did he get on him, 5 or so? If he is a wolf it was a hell of a play, but probably not a good place to go. However if he continues to stay alive his story about only being able to last so long starts to look more and more suspect, because games don't often last much longer than this.

Zinto/Mau/Chubby - Pretty much all in the same group. I think there's a wolf amongst you. I really don't know who I think the wolf is. From everything I've seen I'd probably vote for mau out of the three of you.

BK - Doubtful. Like we've been saying if he's a wolf we'd go after Zinto first, and if you guys are both wolves you've pretty much won, and I'd tip my cap to you for a successful strategy.

JAG - I really don't have any solid info on him other than his voting record doesn't do him any favors (that changes if you think I'm a wolf, but you asked me to write this so..), he's usually more analytical and rarely tunnel visioned like he is, and has been reluctant to reveal info about himself. As I've been saying I've just had to come to terms with the idea that he must be a wolf instead of a misguided villager, but thinking like that might end up costing us.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #1785
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Wussup guys

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #1786
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

How's the weather?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #1787
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Hot as hell over here

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #1788
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I do count as a villager for winning purposes and I'm not really feeling Killing Zinto

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #1789
Danny
Head Coach

Well that is one way to up my game's post count!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #1790
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Seems like a wasted day and a free nightkill for the wolves

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #1791
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

My AP is random, it ranges from 1 to 5

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #1792
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'm good with either JAG or jackal being the kill choices

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #1793
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'm 50/50 on both really

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #1794
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Did I mention the weather?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #1795
Danny
Head Coach

I bet it's as hot here as it is over there!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #1796
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Danny's Birthday is tomorrow by the way

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #1797
Danny
Head Coach

On a side note, sort of related as Dick is a character for today, but I have 10 episodes left out of 139 in watching the complete 3rd rock from the sun on netflix.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #1798
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

You think he would be better off with a pack of depends or a box of those little blue pills? he's gettig on in years you know

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #1799
Danny
Head Coach

If you get me the blue pills, I think I will definitely need the depends
Old 07-20-2011, 07:51 PM   #1800
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

The wife is watching Teen Mom or something and I just can't take it, I much prefer WW to that!