Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-21-2011, 06:30 AM   #1
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Fantasy Football Team Reviews

I know we had a thread like this last year...and it's about that time to start drafting...

I've only ever done an 8 team league, but some friends from the high school invited me to their 12 team league.

I ended up with:

QB - Vick, Sanchez
RB - Hillis, Greene, Reggie Bush
WR - Fitzgerald, Boldin, Collie, Cribbs
TE - Dallas Clark, Celek
K - Crosby, Feely
Def - Pats, Chiefs

I'm fairly pleased with a team. I'm already getting an offer for Vick from a guy that picked 10th. He wouldn't trade picks, but the offer on the table is: Vick, Bush, and Boldin for Andre Johnson, Manning, and Ryan Grant. I'm leaning towards it because it makes me strong at receiver (in a PPR league no less), but the thought of living with Sanchez if Manning stays out of few weeks scares the crap out of me.

ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:06 AM   #2
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

How many RBs/WRs are you required to start and what does scoring look like for QBs?
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #3
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

TAKE THE TRADE.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #4
stevew
Hall Of Famer

When did you pick?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Overall
Old 08-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #6
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

The original post of the Fantasy Football discussion draft was held today. I ended up trading Maurice Jones Drew (my keeper, would lose 1.12) for the 1.4 pick. I did that so I could draft Calvin Johnson.

QB: Romo, Stafford
RB: Forte, Felix Jones, Hightower, Tolbert, Helu
WR: Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams (TB), Mario Manningham
TE: Jermichael Finley, Jared Cook
K: Gould
Def: Bears

A little questionable at RB, but I really think I have an outstanding team outside of that. Especially for picking from the last spot.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #7
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
How many RBs/WRs are you required to start and what does scoring look like for QBs?

We start 2 each at rb and wr. Qb tds are 4 pts and 1 pts for every 20 yds. PPR and 1 for every 10 rush/rec TDs. I'll probably do the trade even if manning ends up missing a few game the PPR of Johnson and Fitzgerald will be awesome.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #8
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Yea. I'd do the trade in a heartbeat. Vick could be the #1 overall fantasy football player this year, but he has some serious risk, and Andre Johnson and Manning are very good value I think
Old 08-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #9
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
The original post of the Fantasy Football discussion draft was held today. I ended up trading Maurice Jones Drew (my keeper, would lose 1.12) for the 1.4 pick. I did that so I could draft Calvin Johnson.

QB: Romo, Stafford
RB: Forte, Felix Jones, Hightower, Tolbert, Helu
WR: Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams (TB), Mario Manningham
TE: Jermichael Finley, Jared Cook
K: Gould
Def: Bears

A little questionable at RB, but I really think I have an outstanding team outside of that. Especially for picking from the last spot.

Is this a PPR league? If so, you do have a very good team. This receivers, including the TE will make up for RB production.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #10
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Yea, it's a PPR. Which gives me some hope for Forte as my RB1.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #11
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Just finished my draft. No points for receptions. My first league in about three or four years. Is a money league. I picked 10th.

QB: Freeman, Orton
RB: Rice, Gore, Best, Ronnie Brown
WR: DeSean Jackson, Kenny Britt, Johnny Knox, Roy Williams, Bernard Berrian
TE: Kellen Winslow, Greg Olson
K: Vinatieri, Cundiff
D: Bears, Browns

Was a huge run on WR in a position that caught me with my pants down.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #12
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

You have potential I think. Freeman has another good year, you are good there. Your running backs are great. Like you said, your WR2 could be a problem. I really think Greg Olson could actually do really well, but between the two you hopefully will get a decent starter.

But fantasy is all about dem dere breaks. If you get some breaks going your way with Freeman not living up to the hype, or your TEs being shit, then obviously uh oh. But you have some potential I think.

Oh, and play Cleveland week one

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 08-27-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:13 PM   #13
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey guys! Glad football is almost here. Just had my first draft tonight, a non-PPR league and we start 1QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1RB/WR Flex, 1 TE, 1 DEF, and 1 K. It's a 12 team league (I'm defending champ) and picked 12'th.

QB- Roethlisberger, Stafford
RB- Mendenhall, Steven Jackson, Best, Ronnie Brown
WR- Mike Wallace, Welker, Burress, Edwards
TE- Daniels, Celek
DEF- Eagles, Ravens
K- Cundiff

I know I'm a bit light at receiver but figure to use the three running backs to fill my flex. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:16 PM   #14
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Just finished my draft. No points for receptions. My first league in about three or four years. Is a money league. I picked 10th.

QB: Freeman, Orton
RB: Rice, Gore, Best, Ronnie Brown
WR: DeSean Jackson, Kenny Britt, Johnny Knox, Roy Williams, Bernard Berrian
TE: Kellen Winslow, Greg Olson
K: Vinatieri, Cundiff
D: Bears, Browns

Was a huge run on WR in a position that caught me with my pants down.

Big upside at QB. I think even if Freeman struggles, Orton can put up some okay numbers if he isn't constantly looking over his shoulder.

Your running back combo is excellent and, as you can see from my team, I like having Best as a #3 option.

WR is a struggle. Jackson is great but your drop off is huge. The handcuff of Knox-Williams is okay since they seem to be dueling for the same spot but I would be tempted to cut Williams and grab someone else off the waiver wire.

TE is strong, Olson could be a great surprise as a bail out for Newton.

The Browns D scares me a bit. They'll destroy the Bungles but Steelers and Ravens should light them up some this year. But as long as you can use the Bears those weeks, you'll be fine.

My biggest advice is cut Williams and pick up somebody else. GOOD LUCK!
Old 08-28-2011, 06:30 AM   #15
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Hey guys! Glad football is almost here. Just had my first draft tonight, a non-PPR league and we start 1QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1RB/WR Flex, 1 TE, 1 DEF, and 1 K. It's a 12 team league (I'm defending champ) and picked 12'th.

QB- Roethlisberger, Stafford
RB- Mendenhall, Steven Jackson, Best, Ronnie Brown
WR- Mike Wallace, Welker, Burress, Edwards
TE- Daniels, Celek
DEF- Eagles, Ravens
K- Cundiff

I know I'm a bit light at receiver but figure to use the three running backs to fill my flex. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I see a lot of potential in this team. I think stafford could end up being a solid fantasy stater. Your WRs might even surprise you if Burress impresses in New York.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:45 AM   #16
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
I see a lot of potential in this team. I think stafford could end up being a solid fantasy stater. Your WRs might even surprise you if Burress impresses in New York.

Thanks Colts! I always end up leaving the drafts second-guessing myself a ton so I appreciate the response.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #17
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Picked 8th out of 10. Standard keeper league except with .50 PPR.

QB P. Manning (K)
RB Chris Johnson (K)
RB Darren McFadden (K)
WR Vincent Jackson (K)
WR Mike Williams - TB
WR Percy Harvin
TE Jason Witten
W/R DeAngelo Williams

BN Mike Thomas
BN Josh Freeman
BN James Starks
BN Lee Evans
BN Jamie Harper
BN Nate Burleson
BN Roy Helu
BN Davone Bess

Thoughts?
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:54 PM   #18
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2 View Post
Picked 8th out of 10. Standard keeper league except with .50 PPR.

QB P. Manning (K)
RB Chris Johnson (K)
RB Darren McFadden (K)
WR Vincent Jackson (K)
WR Mike Williams - TB
WR Percy Harvin
TE Jason Witten
W/R DeAngelo Williams

BN Mike Thomas
BN Josh Freeman
BN James Starks
BN Lee Evans
BN Jamie Harper
BN Nate Burleson
BN Roy Helu
BN Davone Bess

Thoughts?

A team with a ton of upside dependent on the following things:

1- Manning's return, I'm guessing week 3 or 4
2- Johnson's contract, which I think does get done prior to the first game
3- DeAngelo Williams' hold on the primary amounts of carries in Carolina

I think you have some strong bench players in Evans and Freeman. Freeman should do a good job filling in for Manning until he's back and Evans can step in, probably over Harvin, in your starting lineup.

I'm not sure I love the Williams-McFadden combo. Each of their health and number of characters concern me some, so I may look at moving one of them for a different option but I think you should be in solid shape even without a move.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #19
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Big upside at QB. I think even if Freeman struggles, Orton can put up some okay numbers if he isn't constantly looking over his shoulder.

Your running back combo is excellent and, as you can see from my team, I like having Best as a #3 option.

WR is a struggle. Jackson is great but your drop off is huge. The handcuff of Knox-Williams is okay since they seem to be dueling for the same spot but I would be tempted to cut Williams and grab someone else off the waiver wire.

TE is strong, Olson could be a great surprise as a bail out for Newton.

The Browns D scares me a bit. They'll destroy the Bungles but Steelers and Ravens should light them up some this year. But as long as you can use the Bears those weeks, you'll be fine.

My biggest advice is cut Williams and pick up somebody else. GOOD LUCK!

Browns last 5 games are Steelers 2X, Ravens 2x, and the Cards. I like Hillis but I don't know about if he would be a viable starter in the fantasy playoffs. He should certainly help get you there.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:04 PM   #20
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
A team with a ton of upside dependent on the following things:

1- Manning's return, I'm guessing week 3 or 4
2- Johnson's contract, which I think does get done prior to the first game
3- DeAngelo Williams' hold on the primary amounts of carries in Carolina

I think you have some strong bench players in Evans and Freeman. Freeman should do a good job filling in for Manning until he's back and Evans can step in, probably over Harvin, in your starting lineup.

I'm not sure I love the Williams-McFadden combo. Each of their health and number of characters concern me some, so I may look at moving one of them for a different option but I think you should be in solid shape even without a move.

Awesome, thanks for the input Purdue!

DeAngelo was tough to pass up in the 2nd round (essentially 6th round w/ the keepers). I had the option of keeping Forte or McFadden, but Forte just scares the crap out of me. McFadden should too, but I feel like last year was a huge boost for him. My hope is Johnson signs and some of my nervousness about my RBs will subside.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #21
Flasch186
Coordinator

My team Auction league with one keeper which was J. Charles.

QB Drew Brees NO 11 319.1 $ 38
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick BUF 7 260.6 $ 1

RB Jamaal Charles KC 6 291.1 $ 8
RB Maurice Jones-Drew JAC 9 278.2 $ 73
RB Fred Jackson BUF 7 197.9 $ 18
RB Cedric Benson CIN 7 188.1 $ 17
RB Rashad Jennings JAC 9 89.5 $ 1
WR Percy Harvin MIN 9 189.2 $ 13
WR Dez Bryant DAL 5 216.2 $ 26
WR Austin Collie IND 11 128.9 $ 5
WR Danny Amendola STL 5 221.6 $ 1

TE Chris Cooley WAS 5 171.9 $ 1
TE Heath Miller PIT 11 141.7 $ 1
K Alex Henery ® PHI 7 135.0 $ 1

DEF Detroit Lions DET 9 155.0 $ 1

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:32 PM   #22
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Did my second draft tonight. 8 team PPR league that I've been in with some old HS buddies since 92. Ended up with:

QB - Vick, Ryan
RB - Foster, Steven Jackson, Ryan Grant, and shonn greene
WR - dez bryant, holmes, lloyd and maclin
TE - gates and keller
K - hartley and hanson
Def - ravens and saints

I don't like having Vick in both leagues but I think I have that trade I mentioned earlier in the other league almost finalized. I do believe Greene will do well, so I got him again. I lucked out with Grant.

I'm liking this team quite a bit. I think if my receivers can hold up, I have a good chance in this league.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:24 AM   #23
MrBug708
Head Coach

QB - Bradford, Cutler
RB - S. Jackson, Rice, Greene, Wells, and Howling (Return guy)
WR - D. Jackson, S. Johnson, M. Thomas, L. Moore, L. Evans
TE - Graham
DEF - Giants
DP - Mayo
DB - D. Manning (A return man), Tyvon Branch
K - Feely

Dislike the format with the defensive players and we have three WR's and no combo slot. I think the team is solid and four starting RB in a league of 12 owners is good. Most of the other owners were high and were drafting LB'ers in the 6th round and kickers in the 8th round. We also play where return yards are worth .1 for each yard
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:46 AM   #24
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
QB - Bradford, Cutler
RB - S. Jackson, Rice, Greene, Wells, and Howling (Return guy)
WR - D. Jackson, S. Johnson, M. Thomas, L. Moore, L. Evans
TE - Graham
DEF - Giants
DP - Mayo
DB - D. Manning (A return man), Tyvon Branch
K - Feely

Dislike the format with the defensive players and we have three WR's and no combo slot. I think the team is solid and four starting RB in a league of 12 owners is good. Most of the other owners were high and were drafting LB'ers in the 6th round and kickers in the 8th round. We also play where return yards are worth .1 for each yard

I've never played in an IDP league so I can't really speak to that, but you're obviously stacked at RB, though Greene and Wells are both injury risks. QB is a question mark but I like your WRs (though Lee Evans in a walking boot would make me a little worried). Manning was a fantastic kick return guy for the Bears in years past, but his opportunities are going to be limited with the new kickoff rules. Do the Texans plan to use him for punt returns as well?

Drafted my team last night. 12-team TD-heavy keeper league. Starters are 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF (though we have to draft 2 kickers and 2 defenses even though most of them get dropped).

QB1 - Matt Ryan
QB2 - Jay Cutler (keeper)

RB1 - Rashard Mendenhall (keeper)
RB2 - Mark Ingram
RB3 - Marshawn Lynch
RB4 - Jonathan Stewart
RB5 - Monterio Hardesty

WR1 - Larry Fitzgerald (keeper)
WR2 - Greg Jennings (keeper)
WR3 - Dez Bryant
WR4 - Hines Ward
WR5 - Denarius Moore (sleeper)

K1 - Sebastian Janikowski
K2 - David Buehler

DEF1 - New England Patriots
DEF2 - Washington Redskins

My self-evaluation:

QB: I was really pleased that I was able to upgrade from Cutler to Ryan this year, since QB was a weakness for me last season. There are too many question marks for Cutler's weapons this year with the loss of Greg Olsen and the addition of Roy Williams. On the other hand Ryan's weapon set got a big bump with the drafting of Julio Jones...I tried to get my hands on him as well but he was over-drafted IMHO and I try not to reach. The one problem I have here is that Cutler and Ryan share the same bye week, so I'm going to need to do something about that with the waiver wire.

RB: Mendenhall is obviously the bell cow of the bunch and will start every week. I like what I've seen thus far from Ingram, but I know both he and Lynch are in crowded backfields. But with this being a TD-heavy league, I'm pretty sure these are the guys that are going to get the goal line carries for their teams. I'll probably end up playing matchups between those two week to week to see who starts opposite Mendenhall. I'm not happy with the Stewart pick, and I know that the new coaching staff may not be slaves to the two-back system in Carolina, especially with all of the money they just gave DeAngelo Williams, but pickings were getting slim by that point. I was pleased, however, landing Monterio Hardesty very late in the draft. If the guy can just stay healthy he should net some good value, and the Browns coaching staff have stated publicly that they want to use him more to ease the burden on Hillis.

WR: With the keepers I had this was obviously the strength of my team last season, and I was rather pleased with being able to add a guy of Bryant's potential after addressing my QB and RB needs. My starting three every week is pretty obvious, with Hines Ward as a solid bye-week fill in. Denarius Moore is a deep sleeper, granted, and I wasn't all that pleased with what I saw of him last night, but he's really been shining in camp and may get an opportunity with all the injuries Oakland has right now with their receiving corps.

K: Seabass is obviously the man here, and still has one of the strongest legs in the league. Anyone who doubts that should look at his 57-yarder last night, and he will once again be the primary source of points for the Raiders this year, especially once McFadden goes down to injury.

DEF: The Patriots were the last of the top-tier defenses available and fell quite nicely to me.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:08 PM   #25
Racer
College Benchwarmer

hometown 14-team 2/3 keeper league - My keepers were Adrian Peterson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Calvin Johnson. I've been in this league six years now and I've actually only made the playoffs once (6 teams make it). That was in 2008.

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF

.5 PPR, 1 point per 20 yards receiving/rushing, 1 point per 50 yards passing, 6 points for all TDs, -2 points per fumble lost/interception, fractional scoring

QB: Matt Stafford (8.13), Jay Cutler (9.02)
RB: Adrian Peterson (K), Jahvid Best (5.02), Beanie Wells (6.13), Ryan Mathews (7.02)
WR: Larry Fitzgerald (K), Calvin Johnson (K), Marques Colston (4.13), Greg Little (12.13), Denarius Moore (13.02), Eric Decker (15.02)
TE: Marcades Lewis (10.13), Zach Miller-SEA (11.02)
K: none currently
DEF: Colts (14.13)

Last edited by Racer : 08-29-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote