Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-29-2011, 02:43 PM   #101
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

He can do as many more Indy movies has he wants. He already killed it with the last one.

Last edited by jeff061 : 12-29-2011 at 02:43 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:17 PM   #102
korme
Go Reds

I mean no one has said Godfather III? It's not absolutely terrible, but I am much better off with the mindset of Godfather I & II only.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #103
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
I mean no one has said Godfather III? It's not absolutely terrible, but I am much better off with the mindset of Godfather I & II only.
7 academy award noms including best picture. it stinks but it's not an abomination.

to this day i'm pissed there wasn't 2 sharks in jaws 2. it makes so much sense.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:44 PM   #104
korme
Go Reds

Just hated the storyline, I guess because they had nowhere else to take the movie
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:56 PM   #105
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

oh i know. but at least i didn't get violently angry after seeing it like i did the matrix sequel(s) YOU FUCKED IT ALL UP!!1!
Old 12-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #106
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
oh i know. but at least i didn't get violently angry after seeing it like i did the matrix sequel(s) YOU FUCKED IT ALL UP!!1!

"You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"
Old 12-29-2011, 06:06 PM   #107
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Indiana Jones 4, Terminator 3.

IJ4 was as good as IJ3 and much better than IJ2.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #108
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Alien4. I kinda liked the third one.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #109
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post

*shrug* I kinda liked the second one. It was a completely different movie though. It was more a straightup action movie with some mindtrippy things in it. But obviously it wasn't the direction fans wanted it to go.

Now three gave me a friggin headache with its constant danceremix beat through the whole movie. :P No plot worth mentioning and stole from too many OTHER movies.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:10 PM   #110
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Leonard Part 6.

Awesome
Old 12-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #111
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
S. Darko (2009) (V)

wtf.

More like F.U. Darko fans.

I was never really fond of the first one to be honest. I SHOULD have liked it but it was too goth and emo for me.
I can see twilight fans liking it a lot.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #112
Groundhog
Coordinator

I don't hold any of the IJ movies in as high a regard as most others do, but man, I thought IJ4 was horrendously bad. My irrational dislike of Shia LaDouche in general just about entirely stems from this movie.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:14 PM   #113
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Halloween 3 - Season of the Witch. I watched this when I was 12 and remember thinking 'What the fuck does this have to do with anything before it?'

I actually might have said what the fuck...

A+! This movie really sucked. Just really had that one really gross scene which was just kinda stupid. Why didn't they just give it a different name? oh yeah...to cash in on someone else's work. Carpenter should have sued their ass. He probably did.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #114
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh yeah jaws 2 3 4
ALL of the rockys
Old 12-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #115
Groundhog
Coordinator

From memory - my bro is a huge Halloween movie nut, and he harps on about H3 all the time - the idea was to turn the Halloween franchise in to a series of stand-alone horror films, but due to the terrible reception of H3 they abandoned that and went back to teenagers getting stabbed to death while making out by Michael Myers.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:28 PM   #116
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Alien4. I kinda liked the third one.

Agreed. I like third one. David Fincher got fucked with so bad by Fox on this movie that he nearly quit directing. I think if Fincher had been able to do 3 the way he wanted, it'd be as revered as the first two.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:28 PM   #117
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
I was never really fond of the first one to be honest. I SHOULD have liked it but it was too goth and emo for me.
I can see twilight fans liking it a lot.

Wow.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:36 PM   #118
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't hold any of the IJ movies in as high a regard as most others do, but man, I thought IJ4 was horrendously bad. My irrational dislike of Shia LaDouche in general just about entirely stems from this movie.

This, except that I hold the first one in the highest regard possible (and the second one in the lowest). I'm just not sure which was worse, Kate Capshaw in IJ2 or Shia in IJ4. I think the story was worse in IJ4 though (Russians, aliens - ugh).
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:40 PM   #119
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I can't stand Kate Capshaw in IJ2, but it is way more exciting than IJ4. And Shia's ridiculous entrance in IJ4 is more annoying to me than anything Kate Capshaw did. IJ3 is awesome and almost to the level of the original.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:46 PM   #120
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
In defense of IJ4, Shia LaDouche has been horrible in a lot of movies.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:51 PM   #121
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I can't stand Kate Capshaw in IJ2, but it is way more exciting than IJ4. And Shia's ridiculous entrance in IJ4 is more annoying to me than anything Kate Capshaw did. IJ3 is awesome and almost to the level of the original.
Kate Capshaw and Short Round versus Shia, Kate Capshaw and aliens. Very tight call. I'm the opposite of almost everyone I know -- I thought IJ2 was or horrible at the time but I like a little better now. Everyone else seems to hate it more now.

I don't see how anyone can't like IJ3. If you don't, you're just wrong.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:02 PM   #122
stevew
Hall Of Famer

They just need to remake ToD after the Lao Che stiff is over. The intro to ToD is possibly my favorite part of the whole series of movies.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #123
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
From memory - my bro is a huge Halloween movie nut, and he harps on about H3 all the time - the idea was to turn the Halloween franchise in to a series of stand-alone horror films, but due to the terrible reception of H3 they abandoned that and went back to teenagers getting stabbed to death while making out by Michael Myers.

I used to work with this ex-crackhead name Southey and he ranted about H3 a ton as well. I never was into horror, but he was a bit of an aficionado so it's hilarious someone else felt that way.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:21 AM   #124
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Kate Capshaw and Short Round versus Shia, Kate Capshaw and aliens. Very tight call. I'm the opposite of almost everyone I know -- I thought IJ2 was or horrible at the time but I like a little better now. Everyone else seems to hate it more now.

It is Karen Allen in IJ4, not Kate Capshaw. Karen Allen >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kate Capshaw.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:23 AM   #125
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*shrug* aliens/religious relics, eyes on fire/faces melting, nazis/russians. It's all the same. They're all from the same IJ bag of tricks.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:14 AM   #126
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
In defense of IJ4, Shia Ladouche has been horrible in a lot of movies.

Other then the Transformer series and Indy 4, which anyone in their right mind would have to admit are purely paycheck movies in which acting is not required, what exactly was he horrible in?
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:16 AM   #127
Johnny93g
College Starter

I don't understand the hate for Indiana Jones sequels. I'm 31. I watched all 3 as a kid and just loved them. I watch them now and feel the same way. Indy 4 came out, and while there are a few weird scenes, I don't care, I just want to see Indiana Jones be Indiana Jones. I got that in Indy 4. I was satisfied.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:23 AM   #128
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I don't know where the shia hate comes from as he's actually a pretty good actor for his age. Maybe it was started with that one interactive thread with celebrities and Shia was picked first in it.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:23 AM   #129
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Anyway we must mention:
Star Wars I
Star Wars II
Star Wars III

although as Lois Griffin would say, "I said bad movie, not an abortion!"
Old 12-30-2011, 06:34 AM   #130
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Anyway we must mention:
Star Wars I
Star Wars II
Star Wars III

although as Lois Griffin would say, "I said bad movie, not an abortion!"
it's a simple hero's tale but there's some deep existential shit going on. take the force for instance. since all matter is literally stardust it would make sense that an enlightened few would be able to tap into the...

wait, what? it's a what!? a parasite? oh...
Old 12-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #131
bronconick
College Starter

Star Wars I-III are not good by any objective measure. However, I think they're made worse because our expectations of what they would be was so far off from what Lucas made. IV-VI took place during a short period that included a rebellion in all 3.

I don't know about everyone else, but when I was thinking what I-III would be, I figured the Clone War would be occurring during all three and we'd see a gradual fall from grace for Vader including some Jedi hunts in the 3rd. Instead, 95% of the Clone War is kept off-screen for a cartoon series, it's resolved in an hour in movie III, the Jedi "hunts" are a montage of stormtroopers actually hitting something and the rest is Vader slaughtering children and unarmed trade federation guys who were "the bad guys" before now. Even the long awaited Obi-Wan duel is disappointing.

The first two are superfluous crap and the 3rd is rushed crap because he wasted his first 5+ hours of the 7-8 set aside.

Last edited by bronconick : 12-30-2011 at 08:00 AM.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:09 AM   #132
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I was reading an interview yesterday that occurred with Shia post IJ4 and guess what, he feels the same way you do about IJ4

Quote:

“I feel like I dropped the ball on the legacy that people loved and cherished… You can blame it on the writer and you can blame it on Steven (Spielberg). But the actor’s job is to make it come alive and make it work, and I couldn’t do it,”

“I think the audience is pretty intelligent. I think they know when you’ve made (a bad film)… And I think if you don’t acknowledge it, then why do they trust you the next time you’re promoting a movie…..”
LaBeouf claims Indy 4 was a dreadful piece of movie that even Harrison Ford hated.
“We (Ford and LaBeouf) had major discussions. He wasn’t happy with it either. Look, the movie could have been updated. There was a reason it wasn’t universally accepted,” Shia says matter-of factly.
And the Transformers actor has no qualms about spilling the tea on the feature, although his candid comments could land him in hot water with Hollywood heavyweight Spielberg.
“I’ll probably get a call. But he needs to hear this. I love him. I love Steven. I have a relationship with Steven that supersedes our business work. And believe me, I talk to him often enough to know that I’m not out of line. And I would never disrespect the man. I think he’s a genius, and he’s given me my whole life. He’s done so much great work that there’s no need for him to feel vulnerable about one film. But when you drop the ball you drop the ball.”

Last edited by MacroGuru : 12-30-2011 at 08:09 AM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:41 AM   #133
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't know where the shia hate comes from as he's actually a pretty good actor for his age. Maybe it was started with that one interactive thread with celebrities and Shia was picked first in it.

I generally like Shia in most of his movies. Only issue I have with him is that it seems in real life he's a bit of a douche bag.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 12-30-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #134
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Star Wars III

This is actually a decent movie but due to it being tied to the others gets slammed.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:05 AM   #135
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
This is actually a decent movie but due to it being tied to the others gets slammed.

I think it is easily the third best in the series, behind only EP 5 and EP 4.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:07 AM   #136
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post

Agree with this. Episode III is a good movie.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:34 AM   #137
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Episode III is by far the best of the prequels, but in no way is it better than VI. Yeah, the Ewoks were obviously designed to sell merchandise, but they are still way better than Hayden Christensen. I agree that ROTJ is the worst of the original trilogy, but it is still pretty fucking great, with some of the best battles in the entire series. The three tiered battle at the end is more exciting than anything in ROTS.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 12-30-2011 at 10:35 AM.