Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #451
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Is that...play with yourself??

*rimshot*

Actually, I'm referring to the practice of fictional players with... the NBA.. setup, and... and...

HEY!!!!
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #452
whomario
Pro Starter

iīd actually like that sort of "override" option as well in SP, thatīs also my prefered way to play this sort of game (create some history, than pick a team of my choosing)
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:38 PM   #453
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Same here.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:06 PM   #454
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Thanks for the target list/FA change Gary.

Ditto on that, it is most useful. And thanks for fixing the Conference Standings and making the notepad save for future sessions.

It takes a few seasons to get used to all the features, but I'm getting there and enjoying it.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:45 PM   #455
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
iīd actually like that sort of "override" option as well in SP, thatīs also my prefered way to play this sort of game (create some history, than pick a team of my choosing)

At the very least I wish there was a guarantee that a handful of NBA teams will want you. I spent a season learning this fictional league and now I have no offers and no override option. I mean... c'mon, I'm ready to play now! Bah.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #456
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Twitter: wolverinestudio

"Been quiet lately but new DDSPB2 update coming and then a significant announcement to follow"

Last edited by vex : 02-15-2011 at 09:34 AM.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #457
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
@ DT : As far as i can tell it isnīt able to actually see that with the 2D engine. It definitely is there, i.e. the strategy options make a difference, but the in-game interface in the DDSPB titles is more or less a visual aid and as far as i can tell not an actual game-engine like in FM. Think about it, the enginge uses rectal-shaped objects occupying like 5% of the court each, how can you make that reresent scrambling defense or proper fastbreaks ?
Itīs not criticism either as i see it as merely a cosmetical thing as long as the underlying sim engine is solid (and it is), the only reason FM can do what they do as that they are just much bigger and have used it much longer. Also, football/soccer is much less stat driven than Basketball (thereīs still almost zero stats about games , it is more important to show whatīs exactly and actually happening on the field than it is with Basketball. In my opinion at least.

Hope that makes sense ?

Itīs one of the reasons why i basically never use it, i sim 99% of my games and iīm not unhappy with that at all.

There isnīt a text-only option, is there ? (no 2D, just text-event and possibility to adjust tactics and substitutions)

I just started reading this thread since I'm considering buying the game -- I didn't get very far with DDS:PB 1, and I'm still getting a lot of bugs, but it sounds like this is improved. I've only got as far as this post, and I have to say, if there really are rectal-shaped objects, I can see why so many people had problems with the UI!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #458
TexasT
Mascot

Well, if you buy and have problems, good luck. I bought months ago, can't get the game to work, and still haven't got any solutions from Wolverine. They just gave up trying to help me.
TexasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #459
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
Well, if you buy and have problems, good luck. I bought months ago, can't get the game to work, and still haven't got any solutions from Wolverine. They just gave up trying to help me.

Whats going on TexasT?
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:08 PM   #460
Tim Tellean
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasT View Post

No we didn't. Please post in the Wolverine forum and we will gladly try to help. I've spent my own money to call overseas and long distance to help.
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:17 PM   #461
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

The one thing that really bothers me about this game is when you have 2 players on your team that dont get along it appears their is nothing you can do to fix the problem other than trading one of the players. As far as I can tell talking to the players doesnt do much of anything. I usually like to fast sim but when I start getting emails every other day I know I have to trade someone as it isnt going to go away.

It doesnt feel like talking to either of the players ever helps. Can someone confirm or deny this claim?
Old 02-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #462
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tellean View Post
No we didn't. Please post in the Wolverine forum and we will gladly try to help. I've spent my own money to call overseas and long distance to help.

I know you do your best and I have been very happy with this new pro basketball game.

On the other hand I was very frustrated with the first edition of DDSPM and DDSCB as my problems never did get fixed. I know you and Gary searched for solutions but a sim game had never frustrated me as much as them 2 games. So much potential yet so many bugs.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #463
TexasT
Mascot

Quote:

I posted in there numerous times and even had email contact with the developer. He sent me to elicense and they sent me back to him. Neither one could help and I never got any answers.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #464
TexasT
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Whats going on TexasT?

I play most of my games on a laptop I use for work which does not have internet access. This game doesn't allow me to get an off line license for some reason. All I ask is that since the off line screen doesn't come up that they give me an off line address. But I guess that is too much to ask! I don't know.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #465
Tim Tellean
High School JV

If you want to play off-line with DDSPB 2 you need to email me [email protected] and I will send along the how to set it up sheet. I've posted that on the Wolverine site numerous times and had dozens of people email me for the setup instructions.
Since I don't know who you are on the Wolverine site, I can't directly respond to any other issue you are experiencing with the game.

Last edited by Tim Tellean : 02-26-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:54 AM   #466
TexasT
Mascot

Quote:
If you want to play off-line with DDSPB 2 you need to email me [email protected] and I will send along the how to set it up sheet. I've posted that on the Wolverine site numerous times and had dozens of people email me for the setup instructions.
Since I don't know who you are on the Wolverine site, I can't directly respond to any other issue you are experiencing with the game.

I have those instructions but they do not work on the laptop. When I start the game off line, the box that is supposed to come up doesn't. Name on the site is kentcol. Believe me, I have tried every thing that is suggested, just doesn't work on my laptop. I installed on wife's home pc and it works fine.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #467
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

So many games.. so little time.. decided to pick this up since it's now $14.95.

Anyway.. anyone have the newer logos mod and banners they could send me please?

Thanks!

Last edited by MizzouRah : 02-25-2012 at 04:13 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #468
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Specifically I'm looking for the logos and banners that Ashantewarrier did over at Wolverine Studios.

So far, the game seems to be a nice improvement over the first one.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #469
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Specifically I'm looking for the logos and banners that Ashantewarrier did over at Wolverine Studios.

So far, the game seems to be a nice improvement over the first one.

I've got both zip files. Logo file is 1.8mb and banner file is 10.5mb. I believe gmail will let me send these as attachments if you have email that will accept attachments that large.

If you PM me an email address I'll get them to you. Let me know in this thread if you PM me as I run NoScript 99% of the time and it disables my PM notification on this board.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #470
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I've got both zip files. Logo file is 1.8mb and banner file is 10.5mb. I believe gmail will let me send these as attachments if you have email that will accept attachments that large.

If you PM me an email address I'll get them to you. Let me know in this thread if you PM me as I run NoScript 99% of the time and it disables my PM notification on this board.

Awesome, thanks!

PM sent
Old 02-25-2012, 11:54 PM   #471
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Awesome, thanks!

PM sent

Files sent.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #472
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post

Could you email them to [email protected], too?

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #473
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Thank you Sweed!

This game is magnificent!
Old 02-26-2012, 08:18 AM   #474
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
Could you email them to [email protected], too?

sent.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:44 AM   #475
Comey
College Starter

Danke, good sir.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote