Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
tarcone
Coordinator

Quick Gift Help. Please

My Dad calls me last night and asks me if it would be a good idea to buy my daughters a laptop each. He was thinking a mid level type.
My daughters are 111 and 12. So they really dont have a use for them for school yet. Thye play games that are apps as opposed to cd type games. They dont have email yet. Nor do they have facebook (or will they until they are 18).
My wife and I bought them each a Kindle Fire for Christmas (From Santa).

Im thinking they dont really need a lap top. Can you guys give me any reason for them to have a lap top. I would hate for my parents to waste money.

tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #2
Logan
Head Coach

Sounds like you listed all the reasons for them not to have one. Just tell your parents to hold off on the generosity for a few years when they may need them for school. Make sure to point out that what they buy them now could be largely useless by then.

Oh, and make sure your 111 year old daughter keeps doing whatever she's doing.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

If they play appy-games then I wouldn't think they need one. They really don't need them for school/HW yet so not even a reason to get them like a rudimentary BT-keyboard for the Fire...I can't think of a reason.

If your parents are set on it you could always let them give the Kindle's and send you the $ for it and Santa could look for something else...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #4
ozias
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Oh, and make sure your 111 year old daughter keeps doing whatever she's doing.

I was thinking the same thing, but that mean tarcone and his wife are even older.

I do agree with the others, if your children aren't using a laptop for school, there is no reason for them to have one, especially if they won't use it much with a Kindle in their hands.

I'd tell your parents to use the money on something else, girls that age love clothes, shoes, etc., so that would be the route I'd steer your parents towards.

Last edited by ozias : 11-27-2012 at 04:25 PM.
ozias is offline   Reply With Quote