Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > Dark Cloud's Personal Playground
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
Gomer
H.S. Freshman Team

Schedule Suggestion?

Since the trend lately has been moving towards nurturing and keeping our home-grown talent, I was wondering if there'd be any support for a slight change in sim schedule.

I have a lot of young players who I'd like to bring up for a September (40-man roster) call-up. It'd be nice to see how they rate at the ML level, and maybe speed up their development a bit, all without having to keep them on the ML roster for a full 1/3 of the season, taking a roster spot from an established contributing player.

I was thinking a schedule like:
1st 3 months (basically to All Star break) for Monday's sim
Months 4 & 5 for Tuesday's sim
Final month, with 40 man roster, for Thursday's sim

The trade deadline could be between 2nd and 3rd sims still, giving us that off day to try to swing a deal. With 5/6 of the season in the bag, it would be a much clearer line between sellers and buyers at the trade deadline too.

Just a thought. Figured this could help increase immersion in such a fast-paced game.

F*CK SUBBY

Gomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
wolvie109
n00b

First off I just want to say that the idea is not a bad one, but I think it goes against the idea of fast sim. I think the way we're doing it now is fine. I'm happy that we went to three sims for the regular season instead of two. I think there are a couple of other reasons why I wouldn't want to switch it.

1) It is fast sim so there is no real need to develop players. The idea is to get through sims quickly not give owners more time to tweak their teams. Otherwise we might as well go to a schedule where we sim a month per sim instead of two. Really, these players should be getting into the majors when they are fully developed anyway so if they are at that point in the beginning of the season, that should really be the indicator. Besides because it is fast sim, it isn't that hard to wait out player development.

2) I don't really care for the idea of having the trade deadline after August. I feel that by July you should really know how good or bad your team is doing and whether or not you need to buy or sell. That said, if the trade deadline is in July, we all would like an extra day to make trades.

3) Remember that we are simming to YD's schedule so any suggested changes should keep that in mind. I know this did not change in your suggestion, but I just want others to keep this in mind before making suggestions.

That's just how I feel, but really if the masses feel different, I'm not going to bitch and moan against it. Besides if the shit ain't broke, don't fix it. hehe.
wolvie109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:58 AM   #3
Gomer
H.S. Freshman Team

I disagree with your premise that the idea of fast sim is to get through sims quickly to not give owners more time to tweak their teams.
I think the idea of fast sim is to be able to follow whole careers, dynasties, whatever, in a timely fashion.

Today's assignment for the league: An essay on what fast sim means to me, in 200 words or less.

My suggestion would allow tinkerers like myself to tinker more, without disturbing the pace of the league.
I did keep YD's schedule in mind as well. That's why I didn't suggest adding any new sim days.

F*CK SUBBY
Gomer is offline   Reply With Quote