Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Jalen Rose calls out Skip Bayless

Jalen Rose calls out Skip Bayless on air for his trumped up high school history (VIDEO) | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports

Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Perfect. Hopefully more start calling him out on his BS.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

why do those names sound familiar?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
Danny
Head Coach

I dont understand how Skip Bayless is employed in the field.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post

It's pretty simple. In the world of the media, he is the equivalent to the bad guy wrestler, a Dennis Rodman, a Manny Ramirez type who polarizes the masses and makes them talk about him. The people who run ESPN are not stupid, and they understand that being loud, obnoxious, arrogant, wrong, and stupid draws more attention and viewers than being intelligent and well-spoken. They jumped down that hell hole several years ago when they inexplicably fired David Aldridge and essentially replaced him with Stephen A(sshole) Smith for NBA "analysis." This is just more of the same.

I used to love seeing idiots like this called out, but then I just realized that the attention is precisely what they want. Which is why the best thing anyone could do is just ignore the bastard. I mean, I work during the day so I don't watch that show he's on, but I've seen bits and pieces of it. I can't believe people willingly watch it. They don't care why you watch it (trainwreck), they just care that you do. If people would tune out and make it unprofitable to keep him on the air, he'd go away.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-11-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Tim Tebow called Jesus on his hotline and pleaded with Jesus to keep his biggest fan employed.

I simply turn the channel to something else if Skip is on.

Last edited by Blackadar : 04-11-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:54 AM   #7
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
It's pretty simple. In the world of the media, he is the equivalent to the bad guy wrestler, a Dennis Rodman, a Manny Ramirez type who polarizes the masses and makes them talk about him. The people who run ESPN are not stupid, and they understand that being loud, obnoxious, arrogant, wrong, and stupid draws more attention and viewers than being intelligent and well-spoken. They jumped down that hell hole several years ago when they inexplicably fired David Aldridge and essentially replaced him with Stephen A(sshole) Smith for NBA "analysis." This is just more of the same.

I used to love seeing idiots like this called out, but then I just realized that the attention is precisely what they want. Which is why the best thing anyone could do is just ignore the bastard. I mean, I work during the day so I don't watch that show he's on, but I've seen bits and pieces of it. I can't believe people willingly watch it. They don't care why you watch it (trainwreck), they just care that you do. If people would tune out and make it unprofitable to keep him on the air, he'd go away.

Why should I stop watching it? Its entertaining.....
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:16 AM   #8
dave731
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

This statement is asinine, ass-a-ten, and ass-a-eleven!
dave731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #9
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

@MMcCarthyUSAT: Stephen A. Smith to become Skip Bayless' permanent partner on First Take.

I appreciate them packaging these two morons into one convenient-to-ignore show instead of spreading them out across their networks. And on a daytime show, no less. Win/win, IMO.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #10
Thomkal
Head Coach

Dana Jacobsen is probably pretty happy she's not working there anymore.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #11
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I at least find some humor in the fact that Stephen A. Smith even gets annoyed with Skip. They did a segment about Kirk Cousins and Smith had his head in his hand while Skip was being Skip.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #12
Swaggs
Coordinator

It must be like purgatory for both of them.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #13
Galaxy
Coordinator

Remember when ESPN used to be good? I don't even watch it anymore, with the exception of actual sports (which can be tough) games.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #14
sabotai
General Manager

Awesome! I can continue to never watch that show ever.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #15
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Remember when ESPN used to be good? I don't even watch it anymore, with the exception of actual sports (which can be tough) games.

I remember Baseball Tonight was amazing 15 years ago. They had some of the best analysts around. Now it is a colassal joke.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #16
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

I miss the days of Dan Patrick, Keith Olbermann, Craig Kilborn, Rich Eisen, etc, etc.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #17
hoopsguy
General Manager

Add Richard Sherman to the list of people unimpressed by Skip.
Richard Sherman vs. Skip Bayless on ESPN 1st Take - YouTube
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #18
Thomkal
Head Coach

Thanks Richard for telling Skip what many of us think of him Priceless watching Stephen A Smith cringe while he was doing it too. But yeah you sure come off as a thug too.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #19
korme
Go Reds

How does he come off as a thug?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #20
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
How does he come off as a thug?

Maybe thug is the wrong word, but Sherman comes off as a raging douche with a massive ego complex. Considering that I wouldn't piss on Bayless if he were on fire, that says something.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #21
flounder
High School Varsity

The worst thing you can give a troll is attention.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #22
Pyser
Pro Rookie

that seemed to go badly for everyone involved
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #23
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Maybe thug is the wrong word, but Sherman comes off as a raging douche with a massive ego complex. Considering that I wouldn't piss on Bayless if he were on fire, that says something.

This. Hate and will not watch Bayless, but Sherman is worse. Rooting for a carrer ending injury now, and I never do that.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #24
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Channeling his adderal rage at Bayless now.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #25
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Thanks Richard for telling Skip what many of us think of him Priceless watching Stephen A Smith cringe while he was doing it too. But yeah you sure come off as a thug too.

Thug has officially strong racial connotations IMO, and it seems pretty insulting to suggest that to an athlete who went to Stanford and has never got into any trouble (as far as I can tell from wiki and a google search).
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #26
RendeR
Coordinator

since when does the word "Thug" have any racial connotations whatsoever? People have been called thugs since the mid-1800's with regularity?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #27
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
This.

I love what Sherman brings on the field, but I also worry that at some point (probably soon) he could become a distraction for the Seahawks.

And by the same token, Bayless & Smith get what they deserve.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #28
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
since when does the word "Thug" have any racial connotations whatsoever? People have been called thugs since the mid-1800's with regularity?

Since people used it as s racially charged code word?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #29
Thomkal
Head Coach

Can we please not get into a racial discussion here? Thug was perhaps not the best word use, but while he might have been showing off his Stanford degree with the big words, he wasn't showing much maturity and class having such a degree should give you.

While I liked that he called out Bayless, he should have shown some restraint, some professionalism as he was a guest on their show.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #30
Subby
lolzcat

Come on, Dan. No chance you call a white athlete that does that a thug.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #31
Thomkal
Head Coach

Hey guys I'm dropping out of this thread-I apologize for stirring up the hornet's nest here. I am well aware of the racial connotations of the word thug and should have known better than to use it in this way.

And Chris while yes I likely wouldn't have used the word thug, I would have had the same level of disapproval for Richard Sherman acting that way had he been white or any other skin color/culture. If you feel the need to pursue this further, PM me please.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #32
Subby
lolzcat

Heh sorry - it's not a big deal. Not sure why I even said anything. :\

<3 you baby!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #33
PineTar
High School JV

TGIF
PineTar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:46 AM   #34
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Hey guys I'm dropping out of this thread-I apologize for stirring up the hornet's nest here. I am well aware of the racial connotations of the word thug and should have known better than to use it in this way.

And Chris while yes I likely wouldn't have used the word thug, I would have had the same level of disapproval for Richard Sherman acting that way had he been white or any other skin color/culture. If you feel the need to pursue this further, PM me please.

Not buying what the rock is selling

Cheers
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote