Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Football Manager Handheld 2013 (iOS) on Sale now

Available at around half (or under) price - 2.99 UKP in the UK now, get it while it lasts .... it won't be on sale long.

Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, I've finally gotten absorbed into this... Have bought every version, but somehow only occasionally get immersed.

Anyway... Have a question or two. Searching online because its tough to find guidance specific for the handheld game.

So...I'm taking a low level British side (duh, Lincoln City) and trying to build them up (non real players of course). A key seems to be signing Bosman guys, and the floodgates seem to open on Jan 1 for guys expiring June 30. But I can't figure out how to properly locate guys who are Bosman eligible.

I'm searching on "expiring" and I seem to locate a few guys to whom I can offer a direct contract taking effect July 1... But most guys coming up through my search seem to require me to make a transfer offer. I presume I'm doing something wrong, but am stuck on what to do.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Are you finding most of these players that you have to offer a transfer are based in the UK? Because you can only sign a pre-contract with UK-based players a month before their contracts ends if the team you're managing is based in the UK. The advantage is with players based outside of the UK in your case.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
QuikSand
lolzcat

Ok, will have to check on that... Better theory than I had, which was basically none. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #5
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

sovereignstar is correct its a nuance with the UK regulations, I should make this clearer in the game somewhere.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #6
QuikSand
lolzcat

Thanks, just made a coupe of useful pickups in June. Looks like we have Lincoln into a serious promotion candidate for season for of mine. I'm getting job offers, managing personalities, and cutting deadweight costs. It's all coming back.

Seriously, I miss some of the little things, but if shedding them is the cost of making this game way more portable and more suited to picking back up where you left off, then it working. It's been four or five years since I got immersed into FM... This appears to have gotten me again. A good thing.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #7
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Seriously, I miss some of the little things, but if shedding them is the cost of making this game way more portable and more suited to picking back up where you left off, then it working. It's been four or five years since I got immersed into FM... This appears to have gotten me again. A good thing.

Its a balancing act making the mobile games - its imperative that its designed for quick bite-sized play as a lot of users play during commutes to school or work where they might only have 5-10 minutes between bus changes and suchlike.

Glad to have you back aboard