Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-07-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
wolverine29
n00b

DriveTheLane.com

I was looking through the archives and it looks like some FOFC members used to play the DriveTheLane.com college basketball game. I just found out about it recently and am enjoying it a lot so far. Anyone else still playing the game?

Last edited by wolverine29 : 02-07-2014 at 09:52 AM.
wolverine29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:17 AM   #2
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I used to. My problem was that iwas in too many leagues, so I let them all fall by the wayside. It was fun though.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:22 AM   #3
PilotMan
Head Coach

I'm pretty sure I played with you in a league years ago deacon. I haven't seen that site in years. Looks like it has hardly changed.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:27 AM   #4
Thomkal
Head Coach

I also used to WAY back when. I've been playing the same company's horse racing game (derbyfever.com) for 10+ years now. Basketball game was good but dropped it to concentrate on the horse racing game. Derby Fever has been mentioned many times here in the past, but in the last two years, it has been nearly rewritten in order to automate most things for both player and game creator (the company is basically a one man company) to make it less time consuming and easier to run for him. Certainly worth a revisit if you had checked it out in the past.

EDIT: I just went looking at the drive the lane site and had forgotten it was run by a different guy than the horse racing game, just for clarity's sake. But they both play in each others game.

Last edited by Thomkal : 02-07-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:27 AM   #5
wolverine29
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I'm pretty sure I played with you in a league years ago deacon. I haven't seen that site in years. Looks like it has hardly changed.

That's kind of what I've been hearing as well, that it is basically the same since it began.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #6
cmp
Pro Rookie

I've been playing since 2001. Still love it. I actually think I found out about the game through the FOFC boards.

Yeah, it really hasn't changed too much but there's a great group of coaches that make it enjoyable. I have teams in Leagues 3, 5, 9, 15, 17, 18 and 27.

Last edited by cmp : 02-07-2014 at 10:31 AM.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:31 AM   #7
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I also used to WAY back when. I've been playing the same company's horse racing game (derbyfever.com) for 10+ years now. Basketball game was good but dropped it to concentrate on the horse racing game. Derby Fever has been mentioned many times here in the past, but in the last two years, it has been nearly rewritten in order to automate most things for both player and game creator (the company is basically a one man company) to make it less time consuming and easier to run for him. Certainly worth a revisit if you had checked it out in the past.

I just started playing the horse racing game in the past year. It's great as well.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:11 AM   #8
Berger
n00b

Trying to check it out and view a league, but I must need an account. Anyone on here like or play anything on WhatIfSports? I'm in one college bball league and have been having quite a bit of fun.
Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:40 AM   #9
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berger View Post
Trying to check it out and view a league, but I must need an account. Anyone on here like or play anything on WhatIfSports? I'm in one college bball league and have been having quite a bit of fun.

I think there is a browse leagues option on the main page.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:50 AM   #10
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Drive The Lane? Is that the old simulatedsports website/game? Run by pick6king (back in the day, not sure i fhe is there now)

If it is, I never would have made the connection without the horseracing reference, since that was also around (although I never played that).

I too was in several leagues at one point, but eventually let them all go.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #11
Berger
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
I think there is a browse leagues option on the main page.

Yeah, went to that. I guess I just didn't click on anything on the bottom of the page after clicking on a league. Whoops.
Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:29 PM   #12
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Drive The Lane? Is that the old simulatedsports website/game? Run by pick6king (back in the day, not sure i fhe is there now)

If it is, I never would have made the connection without the horseracing reference, since that was also around (although I never played that).

I too was in several leagues at one point, but eventually let them all go.

Yup same game. I think p6k gave up the game around 2008 or so.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:29 PM   #13
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I used to. My problem was that iwas in too many leagues, so I let them all fall by the wayside. It was fun though.

Looks like your team is still going. The Chicago Golden Deacons in league 7. 3-2 right now.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:35 PM   #14
wolverine29
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
I've been playing since 2001. Still love it. I actually think I found out about the game through the FOFC boards.

Yeah, it really hasn't changed too much but there's a great group of coaches that make it enjoyable. I have teams in Leagues 3, 5, 9, 15, 17, 18 and 27.

What team are you in League 3?
Old 02-07-2014, 11:09 PM   #15
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Learned of the p6k bball game thru FOFC long ago.

Long time player, then abandoned my team, only to come back to the game once again.

Im a one team, one league type of player. Watering it down with multiple teams and leagues just doesn't suit me. Cheapens it.

Im L2 , same name as I joined FOFC. One team , one dream.

Elite 8 going into this weekend. Never a champ, but still have a chance........
Old 02-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #16
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine29 View Post
What team are you in League 3?

Honolulu.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:38 AM   #17
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

I last played this in 2010. Nothing had been updated, in particular nothing to stop the multi-team cheat. Since that was why I quit the first time, I gave up again.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:49 PM   #18
wolverine29
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
I last played this in 2010. Nothing had been updated, in particular nothing to stop the multi-team cheat. Since that was why I quit the first time, I gave up again.

What's the multi-team cheat?
Old 02-11-2014, 03:19 PM   #19
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine29 View Post
What's the multi-team cheat?

Essentially, and I'm not sure I remember exactly since it has been years, you have say, 4 teams (and many of today's players have more, I was convinced) in a league. All 4 max out on a recruit. However, only your main team puts a scholarship on the recruit. So anyone looking at the player gets a message 4 teams are maxing and gives up. You land the recruit, guaranteed.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #20
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

This looks cool and a solid time-waster. Thanks for posting!
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote