Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-23-2014, 12:18 PM   #651
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Broadchurch was a bit iffy towards the end, but I enjoyed most of it.

Where are you watching it? And you know the American version called "Gracepoint" is coming to Fox next fall with David Tennant. Psyched for that.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 02-23-2014 at 12:21 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #652
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I DVR'd it a long time ago and just finally got around to watching it.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:15 AM   #653
RainMaker
General Manager

Just finished the Orphan Black season. Pretty good show overall. Had a few flaws and got a little campy at times. But overall a solid sci-fi thriller that is really unique.

I feel like it would have benefited from a few more episodes. And I think those episodes could be used to delve deeper into the pasts of each clone. How did they grow up? What were big moments in their life? Even a few flashback scenes would have been great. The actress does such a great job with them that I just wanted to know more about each one. And I'd take more background on Paul or Art or any of the other characters. It just felt like that info was short and rushed (like Paul's reveal in the elevator).

I imagine BBC America has a limited budget though and perhaps that's why we get only 10 episodes. Still enjoyed it a great deal though.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #654
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Agreed - I was on board for the rollercoaster ride as it happened, but re-watching it I feel like they threw too much into those last couple episodes and I'm a little worried this show will fall apart like an Alias or Veronica Mars as the scope widens. The best part of those first few episodes (other than Maslasny's acting - not only was she convincingly portraying multiple characters, but personal growth by those characters) was that claustrophobic feel where we really didn't know what was going on and how first-person it all felt. Whether it was a few more episodes in Season 1 or keeping some of the reveals about the reach of the shadowy organization stuff for a Season 2 they changed the scope of the show. If you have Sarah as an assassin chasing across continents to rescue her daughter, you can't really cut back to Alison in her subdivision or Cosima on her college campus. Hopefully they prove me wrong though.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:24 PM   #655
RainMaker
General Manager

What happened to Chumlee's voice on Pawn Stars?
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote