Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-17-2015, 09:02 AM   #1
whomario
Pro Starter

FIFA 16

Since i decided to live a little and get the Xbox one and the bonus game is FIFA (along with a 1 months membership to EA Access and 3 months of gold), so that decides the soccer game of my choosing for this year

It is already available on EA Access, so i played a couple quick games already and was pleasantly surprised. A bit too much on the deliberate side of things nowadays, but i reckon i´ll get used to that and would be no matter in multiplayer games.

Is anybody else here getting it and planning on playing a few matches online once it´s out ?

And is there any sort of newbie-guide to this Ultimate Team thingie ? Dabbled in it in (i think) FIFA 13, but only a bit and i reckon it changed a lot regardless.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:17 AM   #2
AgustusM
College Prospect

I bought a XBox one bundle to replace the ones my kids spilled smoothie on and it came with a one year EA access pass - so I plan on trying the full access demo sometime this weekend.

I know only a very little about soccer, but I do like playing the franchise mode so I will probably go with that.
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:01 AM   #3
whomario
Pro Starter

US release today , go get it

Have been playing quite a bit of 15 the last few days and was pleasently surprised with the experience online.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 09-22-2015 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:40 AM   #4
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Got it yesterday for the PS4. Typically my buddy and I play co-op (we run a management career through the paces, get fired and start again).

Last night he couldn't come over, so I played solo through a few random games and have to say it was a lot of fun (which never was for me in the past).

The game feels different (in a good way), and I think I'll practice by playing a career of my own.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:33 PM   #5
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I bought it, XB1.. having a blast playing against my daughter.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:53 PM   #6
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Got it as well for the XB1. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 04:44 PM   #7
whomario
Pro Starter

Microsoft willing, i am gonna start playing in half an hour I am "Whomario" on there as well, if anybody fancies a match in the next few days.

Are you guys playing the Ulitmate Team mode as well ? I found that a very fun thing to do when i revisited 15. Although part of this was that players were not nearly as expensive as they will likely be now at release of 16, so it was easier to get a good team (i managed to get guys like Hummels and Müller for example, which i reckon will be close to impossible in the early days of 16). Still, very fun mode in that you can constantly tinker with your team and ultimately will assemble very different squads over the course of time, maybe multiple at the same time.

If you do, don´t sleep on the items in the Catalogue that you buy with your Experience Points accumulated over your whole FIFA career, some nice coin boosts there for example.

Edit: And i am off to the races

Last edited by whomario : 09-23-2015 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:45 AM   #8
Grover
Pro Starter

FIFA 16 vs PES 2016: Which Is Better?

Looks like PES is catching up again.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:51 AM   #9
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

FIFA.. due to the WNT
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:45 AM   #10
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quick question. I've never played a FIFA game and my son just got an XBox one for his birthday. He wants a soccer game, but neither of us have played one. Given we are noobs, should I just go with FIFA 15 for $25 or should I shell out the $50 for FIFA 16?
Old 10-09-2015, 11:49 AM   #11
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
You could also check into getting EA Access, which will give you FIFA 15, along with a bunch of other EA games.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/entertainm...apps/ea-access
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 10-09-2015 at 11:50 AM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:58 AM   #12
Arles
Grey Dog Software

That's actually a really good idea. For the price of FIFA15, I could get a year of access and the ability to play all those 15 games because new looks.