Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-03-2003, 10:32 PM   #1
FloridaFringe
H.S. Freshman Team

Question TCY & FOF 2004 Questions

For anyone who knows and doesn’t mind answering. Thanks.

Is it possible to change the color of the highlight or the highlighted text? In both games the white highlight text makes it very difficult to read with the bright yellow highlight.

FOF 2004 seems to be sized appropriately in regards to menu arrangement and text size. TCY on the other hand makes me squint in order to ready anything. Changing the resolution from 1024x768 down to 800x600 helps but is not necessarily something that I care to do if at all possible. Is there a better solution for making the menus and text sizes a bit larger without changing resolution?

When using TCY imports do you start with the first year or do you need to skip a year or two?

Is it safe to assume that if the bowl names, conference names, team names or anything else that is editable in TCY will still import correctly into FOF 2004? I had read that importing usually doesn’t produce many draftees from the Sol8. Does this matter and will is make a difference if the Sol8 was replaced with another conference such as the Ivy League?

FloridaFringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 10:49 PM   #2
McSweeny
College Starter

i think the issue with the Sol. 8 draftees is that FOF doesn't import the college names. It just assings them random small schools instead of the Sol. 8 names. Not a big deal, but slightly annoying
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 11:25 PM   #3
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When using TCY imports do you start with the first year or do you need to skip a year or two?

Start with the first year.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 09:07 AM   #4
FloridaFringe
H.S. Freshman Team

i think the issue with the Sol. 8 draftees is that FOF doesn't import the college names. It just assings them random small schools instead of the Sol. 8 names. Not a big deal, but slightly annoying

So just don’t play any of the Sol8 teams unless you don’t mind watching your players get drafted into the NFL from another school? Sounds easy enough if that is the case.

Start with the first year

Was this different for any of the other FOF sims? I remember a discussion awhile back having to do with what year to start importing players. Something to do with the offset years need to be evened out first. If I had to guess it would have had to do with FOF2001 but I’m not really certain. At any rate, if that is the case then what has changed in FOF 2004 that has made it any different?

Thanks again.

Last edited by FloridaFringe : 12-04-2003 at 09:07 AM.
FloridaFringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 09:28 AM   #5
Calis
College Starter

I think someone had said earlier there was an issue with the ages being a year too old for the first year. TCY was still starting with Seniors as of last year, so it was slightly off.

Going off of memory here, could be completely wrong.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 09:39 AM   #6
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally posted by Calis
I think someone had said earlier there was an issue with the ages being a year too old for the first year. TCY was still starting with Seniors as of last year, so it was slightly off.

Going off of memory here, could be completely wrong.
I think you're right.