Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-11-2016, 07:20 PM   #1
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Thoughts on All In One Computers

Has anyone tried an AIO computer or know much about good options? I was looking at getting a 17 inch laptop to replace our old desktop. My wife does not want a regular desktop with all the wires and connectors for our downstairs study. She likes the larger AIO screens and the sleek look.

I realize they have largely laptop components and don't perform as well as a desktop of equal value. But is is a compromise for our home environment. I have been looking at the Dell Inspirion 7000 series. It does not seem like any of the AIOs get great reviews, but then again nothing too negative.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on these machines?

Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:07 PM   #2
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I might seriously buy this AIO when it is released in the next couple of months. I love the idea of having everything in the back and it is also upgradable.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:40 PM   #3
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I purchased the Dell Inspiron ONE2330 back in 2013. Haven't had any problems and still love it. I really don't have any knowledge about what is available currently though.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:43 PM   #4
wustin
College Prospect

you mean like an imac?
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:11 PM   #5
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
I might seriously buy this AIO when it is released in the next couple of months. I love the idea of having everything in the back and it is also upgradable.

That thing looks pretty amazing.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:04 PM   #6
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Something to consider would be getting an Intel Nuc or similar and a vesa compatible monitor. Hell you may already have one. Anyways most of the Nuc kits were vesa mount compatible and you can screw it onto the monitor and get a wireless mouse/keyboard. And you aren't bound to a paperweight type siituation where if the monitor breaks or PC breaks. I have a very basic i3 one we got for my daughter but they have better ones now. You just choose the RAM and get an msata drive and maybe a WiFi card. Plus I think Windows 10 is close to free now.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:12 PM   #7
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Thanks for the feedback. Good point on the Mac, just didnt want to go the Apple route. Never jeard of the Nuc, but went ahead and read up on it. Nice options.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Dell Inspirion 24 7000 series. There was a decent Presidents day sale. Hopefully it works out well.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote