Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 04:59 PM   #201
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
I wonder how many pages it will get to before it gets locked. Any bets?

I say 7.

Hopefully sooner.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:01 PM   #202
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
this message board is like a clean innocent little girl who has grown up to be a crack whore with AIDS.
You and your crazy masturbation fantasies!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Old 09-06-2005, 05:03 PM   #203
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Or maybe it's just you Blackie, you're certainly in the upper .01% of online posters who I've encountered who are deserving of it to the nth degree.

Tell ya what, we'll leave if you will ... because you're right at the top of the list of people here who contribute nothing.

no, it's ok Jon, you see Blacky used to be the mod here, so even though he contributes nothing other than to call out people he views as being trolls - it's all right.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:06 PM   #204
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
You and your crazy masturbation fantasies!

That line almost makes this whole thread wirth it.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:20 PM   #205
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Dude Blacky, you need some serious help. While I don't agree with your views a lot of the time, you've crossed the line, IMHO with your name calling of someone's wife. I would not stand for that, not even on a message board, and I would hunt you down and beat the everlovin shit out of you.

How would Arlie feel if someone called Farrah a bitch or a slut?
Old 09-06-2005, 05:20 PM   #206
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I don't think there need to be a separate political forum. I think if people start threads with "POL" or "POLITICAL" in them, that should be enough. Sure, threads (see: this one) that start off as non-political can devolve quickly (quicker and quicker each day it seems), well then the folks can stop reading it or hope that who ever started the thread will change the title (don't ask Easy Mac to do this, he doesn't like changing titles of his threads).

Also, adding "No Politics" to a thread titel seems to work. People have been respectful of the Terps' Katrina thread and I would hope that would be respectful to other threads.

At the end of the day, however, I don't really care. Six of one, half dozen of the other.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 09-06-2005, 05:25 PM   #207
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army

He'd probably agree. I mean he did knock me up.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:32 PM   #208
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Dude Blacky, you need some serious help. While I don't agree with your views a lot of the time, you've crossed the line, IMHO with your name calling of someone's wife. I would not stand for that, not even on a message board, and I would hunt you down and beat the everlovin shit out of you.

Hold on - when she comes onto this board, she's not here as Franklin's wife - she here's as a message board poster. When she talks about San Francisco having something similar happen to it because the gays live there, she is a bitch - being someone's wife is absolutely irrelevant to the treatment she justly recievd.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:39 PM   #209
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot
Hold on - when she comes onto this board, she's not here as Franklin's wife - she here's as a message board poster. When she talks about San Francisco having something similar happen to it because the gays live there, she is a bitch - being someone's wife is absolutely irrelevant to the treatment she justly recievd.

If people are supposed to turn a blind eye to someone because of their number of posts, the fact that they are an "elistist" wife should probably also not be a consideration, right?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Old 09-06-2005, 05:45 PM   #210
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot

You're misquoting her now. Re-read the thread. She was trying to say that the "wrath of God" crap that they say about NO is nothing new... they say that all the time about SF.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:52 PM   #211
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
No offense, but that is completely out of line.

As "the former mod of this board" you should know better.

Yep.

Lots of posts that deserve to be reported in this thread.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:56 PM   #212
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Damn, I got to post #50 and thought, well that was an interesting discussion...and then I saw there were 4 more pages!!!!
Old 09-06-2005, 06:01 PM   #213
Schmidty
Coordinator

Dola.

The fact that a thread started to solve the problems that some of our more childish members cause, was then turned into a warzone by those same members is very telling. Those same people either need their own forum, or they need to be banned, If they can't play nicely with each other, that's their own porblem, but they shouldn't be allowed to turn every thread they touch into a cesspool of enmity.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:11 PM   #214
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Dola.

The fact that a thread started to solve the problems that some of our more childish members cause, was then turned into a warzone by those same members is very telling. Those same people either need their own forum, or they need to be banned, If they can't play nicely with each other, that's their own porblem, but they shouldn't be allowed to turn every thread they touch into a cesspool of enmity.

for the first time EVER, I agree with Schmidty.

Anyway, anyone fed up with the way things are going here and just want to discuss sports, I encourage to visit: http://www.vtbub.com/sgs/

It is a fledgling message board started up by vtbub in conjunction with this world famous sports blog. We just need some people to get started posting there.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 09-06-2005, 06:18 PM   #215
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Sheesh, now why did I have to read the rest of that?

Fwiw, I am not in favor of a separate forum solely because it would be too hard to discern. There are obvious political threads but there are also many other threads that are quasi-political or more cultural oriented. For example, if SkyDog posts another one of those black rage rap lyrics and some voice strong opinions against that, is'nt that just like a political thread without the politics? Sports threads can be the same way, esp. when punks like TO or Moss are the topics. Again, more cultural but not political.

I think it would be hard-pressed to find a single thread in GD that does not have a strong political/cultural/sociological/religious post in it.

In all, I think the IGNORE function works very well and acts as a self-policing or segregational element to GD.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:19 PM   #216
Blackadar
Retired

To anyone who thinks I'm "over the line". Simply put, I call it as I see it. I didn't name a soul. Franklin instantly recognized his significant other and spoke on up. Guess what...the shoe fit perfectly.

I have no problem calling Cas an ignorant, borderline racist troll. She came here and Tubgirl'd all over the friggin' board, putting it in an uproar of the likes I've never seen in the 7-8 years this place has been active. She should have been banned and I have no qualms about calling it as I see it. If Franklin doesn't like it, then he can take a short walk off a tall bridge for all I care. I don't give a shit whether it's his wife, girlfriend, mother or arch-enemy. She wants to come here and shit all over the place, then she deserves to be called out for it. If Franklin thinks we need to put up with it because it's his wife, he has another thing coming. I'm not going to pull punches because he might get his panties in a wad, nor dance around the issue.

I'll always call it as I see it. If I really wanted to attack his wife, I would have used much more inflammatory words and be really vicious, I could have used words like cunt, or slut, or something else. I didn't. I called her a Bitchtroll, pure and simple. That's what she is - or that's what her posts make her out to be - and I won't apologize for pointing out the blatently obvious.

JMIG, I'm still waiting a response to my acceptance of your offer.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:25 PM   #217
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Dola.

Schmidty, I agree with you. Some of us need to go, and I'm sure I'm part of the problem. HA, JMIG, Arles, Franklin, Cas, John Galt, me...we all probably need to be banned from all future political discussions, if not from the board entirely. Everyone's going to read a list of bannings/restrictions and say "oh, not him!", but guess what...we're all part of the issue.

I've always said that this is Skydog's board. And as long as he's even handed, I don't mind being swept out the door with the others because it may be the best thing for FOFC.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:28 PM   #218
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
I wonder how many pages it will get to before it gets locked. Any bets?

I say 7.

I say 5.

Right now I would like everyone to take a step back from the edge and start posting about the upcoming NFL season or anything else. I don't mind political threads, but many of the threads recently have been downright hostile from all sides of the political divide.

If you want to continue the discussion about a politics forum, move to VPI's thread, but don't turn it into another warzone.

I also want to eliminate personal attacks right now when emotions are running so high, so for the forseeable future, personal attacks on another forum member may result in a suspension. I will use common sense when deciding punishment, but don't force me into having to make a decision about you. You have been warned.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:38 PM   #219
QuikSand
lolzcat

Fun times.
Closed Thread