Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-07-2003, 05:05 PM   #1
Chappy
Mascot

Most consecutive Front Office Bowls

What are the most bowls in a row you've been to? My 2K4 Steelers just went to thier 5th straight. (I've won 3) I'll be back to tell you how the 6th season goes........

Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 05:28 PM   #2
JimJam19
n00b

I took the Houston Texans to 4 straight after the 2006 season, winning them all. This was on 5th Avenue though, not Wall Street. I have yet to win one on Wall Street. It is my impression that the difference between the 2 settings is too much. I stopped with the franchise after the 5th season, because it was too easy.
JimJam19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 05:36 PM   #3
Sidhe
H.S. Freshman Team

I have only won two in a row on Wall St., but I did pull a Steelers and won four of five with a gap in between two twofers..

My restart with the 1965 league, which starts with scrubs so it has a definite window of opportunity for dominance, I didn't get it done and now it's 1990 and I've only won two bowls, and none since 1976..
Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 06:05 PM   #4
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

In FOF2001 I won at least 8 straight...

I'm on the verge of repeating right now in FOF2004
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 08:00 PM   #5
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I've won 5 in a row, in the playoffs now to hopefully #6
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 05:13 AM   #6
rhinoruss
n00b

I ALMOST won 8 in a row. This was on Wall Street FOF4

rhinoruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 06:17 AM   #7
Chappy
Mascot

I finished 9-7 in season 6 an missed the playoffs. Darn salary cap caught up with me........
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 11:13 AM   #8
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

just won #6 in a row, trying to get under the salary cap each year gets harder and harder...
Old 12-08-2003, 11:18 AM   #9
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by cthomer5000
I'm on the verge of repeating right now in FOF2004

So much for this. We went 14-2 and had the best record in the league, then were knocked out by an 8-8 Oakland team that barely made the playoffs.

Amazingly, my coach STILL won coach of the year, even though we flopped in the playoffs.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:21 AM   #10
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by JimJam19
I took the Houston Texans to 4 straight after the 2006 season, winning them all. This was on 5th Avenue though, not Wall Street. I have yet to win one on Wall Street. It is my impression that the difference between the 2 settings is too much. I stopped with the franchise after the 5th season, because it was too easy.

it's really not that bad, all of mine were done on wall street.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:02 PM   #11
SegRat
High School Varsity

I won 2 in a row and made it to 3 straight. The last won I was in I lost by 2 points. Denver kicked a field goal at the end of the game for the win. That same season I beat the 15-1 Buccaneers. I was down by 17 in the fourth, but scored 2 TD's in 45 seconds. With under a minute to go Tampa threw a int in my endzone, it was returned the length of the field for the score.

I don't think I am going to win anymore for awhile. Bart Star just retired. I have no one to replace him. There are not any good QB's in the draft. There is however Walter Payton. I have John Riggins, who has been very good for me, but Payton appears to be the stud he really was. I have 2 first round picks that I just might have to trade away to get him.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:04 PM   #12
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

I won 9 in a row in FOF2001 and it seemed that I won no mater what I did or how good my team was, so I ended that franchise.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:08 PM   #13
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I should have posted the game-log from my playoff game a few years ago (2024 or so... when I won the superbowl).

I was on the road in my playoff game, and pulled an ending that was very 49ers-Giants-esque (1990). They were up by 3 points, then fumbled with under a minute remaining. We moved it just past mid-field, where my kicker nailed a 65 yarder to send it to overtime. We rolled to victory after receiving the kickoff, then won 2 more on the road and the super bowl. Amazing stuff.

That kicker was clutch... I mean, the longest field goal in NFL history to send it to OT...catapulting us to a Super Bowl title. I don't know what I was thinking when I traded him 2 years later to save money.