Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-16-2017, 09:20 PM   #1
stevew
Hall Of Famer

PACER help plz

Quick question. My lawyer sucks and I need to pull an exhibit from a recent motion hearing. Is the exhibit, which should be a bill of sale and financing details, something that I can get from PACER. Or am I going to need to wait for the firm of Lazy, Shithead, and Borderline-Incompetent to get back to me?

stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:25 PM   #2
molson
General Manager

Is it a federal case? If it is and you have the case number, you can find the docket list on pacer and you might be able to pay for a copy of the exhibit if it was electronically filed.

If it was a state case you're out of luck. You could probably get a copy from the clerk's office, which probably requires a trip to the courthouse.

Last edited by molson : 02-16-2017 at 10:04 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:46 PM   #3
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Yeah. It's federal. Been trying to buy a car since November and I've already paid off my Chapter 13 completely and there's apparently 0 rush to discharge. I had to pay for a motion letter to incur debt, but the wording is ultra shitty specific on it and I need to get a copy of the exhibit.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:02 PM   #4
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

Yeah, you definitely can get an exhibit on PACER. Run a query using the case number, then go to 'Docket', then scroll down until you find the motion (the pleadings are in chronological order). Click on the number in blue on the left hand side, that will bring up a new sheet with the motion on top, and the exhibits below it. You'll need to sign up, and there's a nominal charge to review a document - something like 30 cents/page, with a $3 max.

Last edited by Bisbo : 02-17-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:23 PM   #5
stevew
Hall Of Famer

OK. Thanks. I knew it was nominal. Just didn't want to bother setting up payment, etc, if I was going to be looking for nothing.
Old 02-18-2017, 01:46 AM   #6
stevew
Hall Of Famer

OK. Handled the situation. Kinda curious that while I was looking I realized that my lawyer had fucked up the paperwork for a motion hearing in January we were supposed to have and that resulted in me having to rent a car for another 3 weeks. I doubt I'll do it but is that actionable?