Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-17-2016, 03:56 PM   #201
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
It's the same as any game. Why replay Civilization 50 times? Why play any MOBA more than once?
No, I get that, but Civilization builds toward an ending. I don't know what MOBA is, but you can play Skyrim for 100 hours and it's going to keep throwing new stuff at you. This game seems to reach a point fairly early on where it's just the same thing over and over, with bigger gaps between levels.

I was just wondering if I was missing something.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:56 AM   #202
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I am late to this game.

My girlfriend and her kids love it, so I decided to join them.

I work in this large complex (the Renassiance Center) that has a hotel, office buildings, restaurants, shops, a gym, etc, etc.

It's probably the best Poke hunting place in Detroit.

I started playing yesterday morning and in one day I caught 363 pokemon. Hit 203 pokestops. Caught 70 unique pokemon and hit 14th level.

Apparently, the building is some kind of spawning ground for Voltords and magnetmites, because they are everywhere. Lots of electric and water types, which makes sense given the location.

That's primarily from just sitting at my desk and keeping an eye on things.

We had dinner here last night and walked around inside the building. This place is usually desolate at night, but there were a fair number of people, 95% of which were playing the game.

I'm really amazed at just how diverse the player base for this game is.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:21 AM   #203
Thomkal
Head Coach

363? That's a crazy number. And you have too much time on your hands
Old 08-23-2016, 09:51 AM   #204
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm at level 15. Tauros with 700 cp is the biggest I've caught so far. I've also got a Flareon I evolved to 1085.

Haven't done the gyn/training thing yet. Just started experimenting on hatching eggs.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:58 AM   #205
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
363? That's a crazy number. And you have too much time on your hands

Heh!

Yes. I will admit that yesterday was not my most productive day workwise.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 08-23-2016, 10:40 AM   #206
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

In one day, you essentially matched my career production in the game.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:34 AM   #207
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

So is anyone still playing? They dropped about 80 new characters yesterday so it looks like I'll be back to park walking again since my kid is hyped over this addition.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #208
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh yeah. I remember this.

It kept clogging up my phone and the updates were killing me.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:50 AM   #209
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
So is anyone still playing? They dropped about 80 new characters yesterday so it looks like I'll be back to park walking again since my kid is hyped over this addition.

I stopped when it got cold. I may start up again when it gets nice, I am not one for just walking/running, I have to be doing it for a purpose which this serves.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:19 PM   #210
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm still bitter over how badly Niantic fucked this up.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:24 PM   #211
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I'm still bitter over how badly Niantic fucked this up.

fucked what up?
Old 02-17-2017, 05:27 PM   #212
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

The early success of the game was killed by their desire to take away what fans liked, namely things like the ability to track what Pokemon showed up where and other helpful things. The number of players just fell right off after Niantic started shutting down fan sites, etc. Now they continue to try to retain and bring back the original player base, but a lot of people like me just have a bad taste in their mouths over the way they squandered all the excitement for the game right out of the gate.

Also I went on a beach trip to Wilmington last August and expected to find water pokemon there around the ocean. I didn't, just the same shit I found back home in the mountains. That was the last time I opened the game.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 02-17-2017 at 05:29 PM.
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #213
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I stopped playing because every time I booted up it would tell me to update. But when I would try my phone was too full to do that.

I don't really mind game companies trying to squash cheating and such. Although...hmmm.... Just posting where you saw an exciting pokemon meh I guess that's on the cusp. Your right. It does make people want to get it. Does having too many people get a rare pokemon imbalance the game?

The fact that the gyms are indeed player vs player kinda indicates yes. I didn't do gyms much mainly because I rarely had the pokemon/power to take one. Was exciting when I did tho. I'm just in it for the girls myself. (almost said chicks but what with Pidgey everywhere,...)

They really need MORE pokemon in less poopulated areas.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:09 PM   #214
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

when they nerfed the ease of playing from the car, that was pretty much the end of it for me.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:17 PM   #215
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
when they nerfed the ease of playing from the car, that was pretty much the end of it for me.

That is the week my family quit playing too. It was just too convienient for the passengers to catch Pokemon and living in a small town it was basically the only way to really see much of anything. We would take two hour long walks through the town and see 1/3 the number of Pokémon we could round up in a 15 minute drive.
dubb93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:34 AM   #216
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I work in the Renaissance Center in Detroit. It's one of the local hot spots for Pokemon Go. It's large complex that has multiple Pokestops inside the building and all around. Back in the hey day of last summer/fall, the place was swarming with players on weekdays and weekends.

It died down a lot, but there has definitely been an uptick in players since the most recent update. Just walking around the building I've spotted a lot more people playing over the last few days.

I fire it up every once in a while from my desk. I can hit 3-5 pokestops from my desk and catch a lot of pokemon. I do it when I'm bored or want a quick distraction. I've never done any gym battles and have no idea how people get Pokemons with such high CPs and the like.