Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-10-2003, 09:20 PM   #1
nfgrawker22
n00b

cap room...

I never have cap room....I always have to do the cap out offer to everyone to make cap room....yet then i get too much in bonus every year and if I dont do that then I dont have eniugh cap room to sign my vets so what can I do????

Last edited by nfgrawker22 : 12-10-2003 at 09:21 PM.
nfgrawker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 09:30 PM   #2
Chappy
Mascot

Cap out is the devil......use it only in desperation in my opinion. Just makes your problems worse the next year......
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 09:32 PM   #3
Troll
H.S. Freshman Team

play smart, and by that i mean dont ALWAYS do what will be best for your team....you cant afford EVERYONE that you want, you need to be smart about all of the decisions that you make, before you sign a free agent or an extention or re-negotiate contracts ask yourself what the effect will be on your cap and if you can afford to make that move.....some people you just have to let go
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 09:44 PM   #4
nfgrawker22
n00b

Grrr...I dont wanna, I always pay that back up that gives me decent stats like my Rb thats runs for 500-600 and 5 tds each year because he plays back up...I give him his contract even though he doesnt deserve it.....I grow too attached oh well...
Old 12-11-2003, 04:40 AM   #5
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Never give in to the "Big" deal. That seems to workout well. It sucks to see your first round pick grow and flourish for 5/6 years and then go, but I can't stand paying players double-digit millions. It's rarely worth it. I'd much rather have depth.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 06:52 AM   #6
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
but I can't stand paying players double-digit millions

I think this depends on how far into a dynasty you are and how much salary inflation has taken place. Right now in 2022, the top 5 salaries for DEs in my game are 19 million and up!

The only guys I pay over 10 million in cap costs right now are my top CB (the best in the league and well worth the money) and my starting FL and WR who are also top players and key to my offense. I've been through cap hell (had to release a good DE who was going to cost me 22 million!) and am coming out of it now, luckily.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote