Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-31-2019, 09:33 AM   #1
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

2019 PC Backup Solutions in the Cloud

Looking for guidance on transitioning from using a removable drive as my local backup system to something online. I currently use Macrium Reflect, but not opposed to other functional software. I also have access to 5TB of hard drive space via OneDrive that comes with my MS Office subscription, but I'm not totally comfortable with that since those files are not synchronized or versioned. And I don't believe 2-Factor Authentication is required.

What I'm looking for:
1. I would probably like to have the capability to backup two machines - my PC and my laptop. I can't imagine needing more than 5TB.

2. Ideally the backups would either run "continuously" or certainly scheduled. My concern with a continuous backup used to be footprint on the machine, and actively slowing it down while it constantly checks & synchronizes. But not sure that's still as noticeable as it was a few years back.

3. The usual backup options of Full/Incremental along with true imaging in case I needed to reformat or actual hard drive failure.

4. I would like for the data stored in the cloud to be encrypted and require 2-factor authentication.

My investigation has pointed me towards iDrive, Carbonite, Backblaze among several others.

What are you using as a solution you are satisfied with?

Last edited by tyketime : 01-31-2019 at 09:39 AM.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote