Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-22-2019, 05:58 PM   #18551
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Times, they be a changing. Back then the Browns could make conference champion game.

If any local or state government rounded op people based on the color of their skin as official policy then their asses would be sued off.

Loitering. Broken Taillight.

That's always been the work around.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 08-22-2019 at 05:58 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:29 PM   #18552
RainMaker
General Manager

DOJ is now just passing around articles from white nationalist websites if you're wondering how things are going.

The Justice Department Sent Immigration Judges A White Nationalist Blog Post With Anti-Semitic Attacks
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:10 PM   #18553
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Loitering. Broken Taillight.

That's always been the work around.

Quote:
"Why in hell does one wear collars at all?" grumbled Fielding as he bent his neck.

"We wear them to pass the Police."

"What's that?"

"If I'm biking in English dress—starch collar, hat with ditch— they take no notice. When I wear a fez, they cry, 'Your lamp's out!'

-- A Passage to India (1924)
Old 08-22-2019, 07:18 PM   #18554
JPhillips
General Manager

WaPo is reporting that Trump is looking at ways to boost the economy before the election, including a currency transaction tax(that the GOP won't pass) and a further reduction of the corporate tax rate(which the Dems won't pass).
Old 08-23-2019, 10:48 AM   #18555
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

CNBC Now on Twitter: "UPS, Amazon, FedEx shares drop after Trump tweets: "I am ordering all carriers, including Fed Ex, Amazon, UPS and the Post Office, to SEARCH FOR & REFUSE...all deliveries of Fentanyl from China (or anywhere else!)." https://t.co/E5IJkb2nuJ… https://t.co/Ogu1I6S44q"
CNBC Now on Twitter: "UPS, Amazon, FedEx shares drop after Trump tweets: "I am ordering all carriers, including Fed Ex, Amazon, UPS and the Post Office, to SEARCH FOR & REFUSE...all deliveries of Fentanyl from China (or anywhere else!)." https://t.co/E5IJkb2nuJ… https://t.co/Ogu1I6S44q"
Old 08-23-2019, 10:57 AM   #18556
Ben E Lou

Reports are that he's meeting with his trade team now after that insane tweet storm. Can they talk him out of 50% tariffs???
Old 08-23-2019, 11:03 AM   #18557
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I don't know if I was correct with my assessment that attacking the Fed is smart for Trump. But he clearly thinks it is.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:17 AM   #18558
QuikSand
lolzcat

Scott Adams on Twitter: "Commander in Chief. Fentanyl is an attack on the homeland.… "

oh.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:18 AM   #18559
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I don't know if I was correct with my assessment that attacking the Fed is smart for Trump. But he clearly thinks it is.
Passing thought: many have thought about what an economic downturn would to to Trump's chances for re-election. What I hadn't really thought about is what it might do to his fragile ego. I wonder if we've not yet seen the depths of how unhinged this dude can get.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:33 AM   #18560
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Passing thought: many have thought about what an economic downturn would to to Trump's chances for re-election. What I hadn't really thought about is what it might do to his fragile ego. I wonder if we've not yet seen the depths of how unhinged this dude can get.

It's going to be a shitshow at the White House if the economy tanks and/or polling continues to show Trump behind for 2020.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:37 AM   #18561
Atocep
Coordinator

August 23 2019 is the day the President of the United States hereby ordered US companies to stop doing business with and in China immediately on Twitter.

Last edited by Atocep : 08-23-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:42 AM   #18562
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

If I were the Dilbert guy, I'd be pissed I hadn't gotten a Cabinet position or a federal judgeship by now. What more does the guy need to show?
Old 08-23-2019, 11:45 AM   #18563
Ben E Lou

Quote:
If I were the Dilbert guy, I'd be pissed I hadn't gotten a Cabinet position or a federal judgeship by now. What more does the guy need to show?
Hey, there's always time after the resignations in the coming days/weeks.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:52 AM   #18564
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
It's going to be a shitshow at the White House if the economy tanks and/or polling continues to show Trump behind for 2020.

You'd think at some point it'd make sense for them to trade horses for 2020. The betting odds are shifting ever so slightly in that direction (still a big longshot). It's hard to imagine what kind of specific scenario would lead to that.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:58 AM   #18565
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
To the surprise of no one Sarah Huckabee Sanders takes a job as a contributer on Fox News and her first apperance will of course be on Fox and Friends in September.

To counter the Fox hire, CNN hires Andrew McCabe as a contributer
Old 08-23-2019, 12:15 PM   #18566
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
You'd think at some point it'd make sense for them to trade horses for 2020. The betting odds are shifting ever so slightly in that direction (still a big longshot). It's hard to imagine what kind of specific scenario would lead to that.

I don't think so. I don't see a world where he steps down for the good of the party. Which means that even if, say, the GOP powers that be rig the Primary so that someone else becomes the nominee, you will still have Trump running as a third party and/or urging his base to not vote for Pence/Jeb/Weld/Romney/Whomever or even telling his base to stay home and teach the GOP a lesson.

They might lose with Trump as the nominee. They might even lose big. But the short-term downside risks to trying to push him out could be worse. They could go as far as them losing every Senate race or something crazy like that.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:21 PM   #18567
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

He'd have to go even *more* batshit crazy and jerk off on national TV or something
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:32 PM   #18568
PilotMan
Head Coach

In light of the Epstein saga, the whole story (accusation) of trump raping a 13yr old girl, and the circumstances surrounding it, are so much more plausible. Add in witnesses and the language reportedly used, and it's downright sickening to think about. Still not sure how we're at the point where something like this doesn't actually bring serious questions onto him that count for anything, but we are.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 08-23-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:32 PM   #18569
RainMaker
General Manager

He told us that a recession was fake news so I'm not sure why he is getting so worked up.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:39 PM   #18570
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Serious question: do you think Donald Trump has ever prepared an item of food?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:52 PM   #18571
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Serious question: do you think Donald Trump has ever prepared an item of food?

He had servants, etc. growing up, and he has them now. And he eats a lot of fast food. So I know he does it very very very rarely.

But over the course of his whole life? I have to think that there's been a point where he made himself a PB&J. Or boiled a hot dog. Like in college or something, right?

I'm going with yes, at some point, he has prepared an item of food.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:59 PM   #18572
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Hey, there's always time after the resignations in the coming days/weeks.

Hell, half of the government is being run by acting secretaries now.
Old 08-23-2019, 02:04 PM   #18573
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Do you think he could make a grilled cheese sandwich? I'm thinking he might be able to do it if you put all of the perfect components in front of him, like 2 slices of bread, soft butter, some cheese slices and a pan at medium-low....but I bet he'd lose out on a wrestling match with a new, tightly wrapped loaf of bread, or a stick of cold butter.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 02:19 PM   #18574
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't imagine he's seen enough food being made to necessarily even guess how you do a grilled cheese. Like my mom made me food growing up, but I was often in the kitchen. I doubt Trump ever spent a moment in the kitchen, so it's all a bit of a mystery to him.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 02:22 PM   #18575
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Yeah. I think grilled cheese is beyond him.

But I'm sticking by my PB&J prediction. I think he could do it.
Old 08-23-2019, 02:30 PM   #18576
stevew
Hall Of Famer

RBG is probably going to die before the next cycle. It sounds awful.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 02:31 PM   #18577
JPhillips
General Manager

Are we talking peak-Trump or current brain wormed Trump?
Old 08-23-2019, 03:24 PM   #18578
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:

I think he's playing a different con. He's a serial entrepreneur for certain, and I think his play here started out as "I'm a big fan of sneaky persuasion tactics, and Trump uses some of the same stuff I have studied, so that's cool I get to talk like an expert." He sold some books and made a name for himself, politically, just by having the foresight to predict that Trump would prevail based on that. (Incidentally, I think there's substance to all this)

That said, now he's seemingly taken a full MAGA turn, and more or less worships his every move. I think he's just playing the Alex Jones angle now, more or less portraying a character, with eventual designs on selling snake oil to the huddle mouth-breathing masses who buy in based on their identity/allegiances. So, some day, he'll be able to sell his Dil-bars or Dil-dos or chicken sandwiches or shoes or what-the-f-ever it ends up being at a premium price, based on his bona fides with the gullible right. (Honestly, I suspect what he wants is to re-ignite Trump University, but in his own name and likeness... sell the "art of persuasion" and get suckers to come take classes in how to win like Trump.)
Old 08-23-2019, 04:22 PM   #18579
PilotMan
Head Coach

I don't think I've truly grasped the idiocracy out there after having read some of the replies to the tweet about fentanyl, I am dumbfounded by the depths of it.

Like Steam?

Old 08-23-2019, 04:30 PM   #18580
JPhillips
General Manager

And Trump just announced another 30 billion/yr of tariffs on Chinese goods.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:34 PM   #18581
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I do think the Chinese government is involved in selling fentanyl to Americans in order to help destabilize the population and make a small profit to boot.

Is that belief too tin foil hatty?

Last edited by NobodyHere : 08-23-2019 at 04:57 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:51 PM   #18582
PilotMan
Head Coach

Yet the Russians are not (more legitmately trying to destabilize the population, or is that ok now)?

Or perhaps, the Japanese are selling violent video games to cause gun deaths to rise?

Are the Mexicans and Colombians, or anyone else selling drugs to the US going for the same thing?

It's a little bit flat earth for me. That's taking a probable outcome and attaching a meaning and motive on the front end of it. Like creation and religion. I guess that's not too tin hatty for a lot of people, so....

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 08-23-2019 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:37 PM   #18583
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
In light of the Epstein saga, the whole story (accusation) of trump raping a 13yr old girl, and the circumstances surrounding it, are so much more plausible. Add in witnesses and the language reportedly used, and it's downright sickening to think about. Still not sure how we're at the point where something like this doesn't actually bring serious questions onto him that count for anything, but we are.

Based on other examples (Weinstein, Cosby, etc), we are about 45 victims short before we start any serious questioning.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

Last edited by miami_fan : 08-23-2019 at 06:24 PM.
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:02 PM   #18584
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I do think the Chinese government is involved in selling fentanyl to Americans in order to help destabilize the population and make a small profit to boot.

Is that belief too tin foil hatty?

It's a demand thing. When China slows down, Fentanyl from India picks up. As long as we continue to create addicts here, they'll continue to look for product.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:23 AM   #18585
Thomkal
Head Coach

So Trump is not going to let this Greenland thing die easily:

US planning to open Greenland consulate for the first time in decades
Old 08-24-2019, 10:31 AM   #18586
JPhillips
General Manager

The only reason to be interested in Greenland is if you believe climate change will open up previously unreachable mineral deposits. The climate change that's a Chinese hoax.

Everything's a con.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:32 AM   #18587
bronconick
College Starter

Wheeeeee
Old 08-24-2019, 10:35 AM   #18588
PilotMan
Head Coach

Who did Stephen Miller have to fuck to get so much pull in the administration?

Like Steam?

Old 08-24-2019, 11:56 AM   #18589
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Probably a bunch of 13 year old girls
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:53 PM   #18590
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Libertarians: You know (insert name... W Bush, Clinton, Obama) can't just bypass Congress with an executive order for things that can actually be legislated.

Ha ha ha, you use the roads don't you? Go back to your gold standard idiot! I know you guys love the constitution but Congress will do nothing so (insert name... W Bush, Clinton, Obama) has to do it. What could possibly go wrong with a president misusing an executive order when he is only doing it for good?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/24/polit...act/index.html
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:25 PM   #18591
JPhillips
General Manager

If this happens, much like with other controversial executive orders, there will be a court case and eventually the Supreme Court will make a determination. That would still be the ways things worked even if more people on the internet agreed with fictional libertarians.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:34 PM   #18592
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

How did the white supremacist get power working for a white supremacist? I wonder.
Old 08-25-2019, 12:00 AM   #18593
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Libertarians: You know (insert name... W Bush, Clinton, Obama) can't just bypass Congress with an executive order for things that can actually be legislated.

Ha ha ha, you use the roads don't you? Go back to your gold standard idiot! I know you guys love the constitution but Congress will do nothing so (insert name... W Bush, Clinton, Obama) has to do it. What could possibly go wrong with a president misusing an executive order when he is only doing it for good?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/24/polit...act/index.html

Are we talking about the Libertarian nominee for President who supported Obama's use of executive order on DACA? Who said he'd use executive orders to eliminate the NSA and IRS? Who would use an executive order to de-criminalize marijuana?

Heck, the Libertarian candidate for 2020 that's raised the most money so far has a platform that boils down to signing an executive order dissolving the federal government.

Not sure these are the folks opposed to executive orders.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:37 AM   #18594
QuikSand
lolzcat

It’s tough and weird having a “world leader” with such ignorant gaps in common knowledge. He’s asked about having “second thoughts” about recent decisions...he obviously just doesn’t understand what that phrase means but he figures it sounds good and responds yes, he has them about everything.

Then the WH Comms team has to go through this whole charade of issuing a statement about what he really meant and how it was strategic. It’s absurd that everyone just plays along.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:01 AM   #18595
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
It’s tough and weird having a “world leader” with such ignorant gaps in common knowledge. He’s asked about having “second thoughts” about recent decisions...he obviously just doesn’t understand what that phrase means but he figures it sounds good and responds yes, he has them about everything.

Then the WH Comms team has to go through this whole charade of issuing a statement about what he really meant and how it was strategic. It’s absurd that everyone just plays along.

That was my take as well. He wanted to win, so he decided he has more thoughts. Ask him about third or fourth thoughts and he'll say yes to that as well.

The short presser with Boris Johnson was funny when Boris mentioned cabotage and Trump clearly had no idea what he was talking about.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:25 AM   #18596
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
That was my take as well. He wanted to win, so he decided he has more thoughts. Ask him about third or fourth thoughts and he'll say yes to that as well.

The short presser with Boris Johnson was funny when Boris mentioned cabotage and Trump clearly had no idea what he was talking about.
I hadn't heard about this until reading these comments. Just found the clip and watched it. It certainly appears that he thought "do you have any second thoughts" meant "will you share your thoughts again?"
Old 08-25-2019, 08:59 AM   #18597
Ben E Lou

Good gracious. And now looking at the media coverage of this and the White House "clarification," this is insane. No one that I can find in even the left-leaning media has had the guts (or good sense) to say "nah...he just didn't know what the question meant."
Old 08-25-2019, 11:03 AM   #18598
Ben E Lou

Joe Walsh attempting to primary Trump is going to be interesting, and perhaps more consequential than some are thinking at first blush. He'll fight fire with fire on the personal attacks, outflank Trump from the right, garner plenty of media attention, and potentially be the kind of disruptive force we've only seen recently in...Trump.

Most fascinating to me will be the contrast of Walsh's apologies for his past behaviors vs. Trump's utter unwillingness to do so. I'm curious to see how conservative "Christian" voters respond to repentance vs. unrepentance in the primaries. (If they do, I'll gladly remove those quotation marks...)

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 08-25-2019 at 12:13 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:11 AM   #18599
PilotMan
Head Coach

Where is Kasich? I had him pegged as a guaranteed challenger, given that he never gave in to t-rump and has maintained a high road, high visibility profile. Now that the curtain is up, even if just a little bit, it should make jumping in for a primary challenge that much easier.

Like Steam?

Old 08-25-2019, 11:19 AM   #18600
bronconick
College Starter

Kasich probably realized that Republican voters have fully embraced Trumpism so it'd be a waste of time.