Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2020, 12:09 AM   #151
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Draymond Green apparently has no self awareness. I believe pretty much everything Barkley said about him is true.

His per 36 minute numbers this year.
10.2 ppg
7.8 ast
7.8 reb
39 percent shooting percentage
1.7 steals
1.0 blocks
045 WS/48 (career .132)

While a key piece surrounded by stars, he is just an ordinary player without them.

Also, he is an idiot for bringing up rings to a top 50 all time great and one of the best power forwards in history.

If you think 10.2/7.8/7.8/1.7/1.0 is "ordinary" I don't know what to tell you. Obviously he's not a megastar to build around, but the amount he contributes on a team that right now has literally nobody around him is crazy.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 12:57 AM   #152
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
If you think 10.2/7.8/7.8/1.7/1.0 is "ordinary" I don't know what to tell you. Obviously he's not a megastar to build around, but the amount he contributes on a team that right now has literally nobody around him is crazy.

Well he is 178th out of 198 in qualified win shares/per 48. Perhaps ordinary wasn't the correct wording. Is awful better?

He contributes about as much to their team as Cedi Osman does to the Cavs and Ish Smith to the Wizards right now for proper comparison.

My rant was because he acts like he is a "megastar" bashing on a Hall of Famer and top 50 player. Put 3 top 10 players around him and he looks like a nice player with a huge contract. Have him lead a team and he plays like he is and probably float around the league from team to team.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 03-12-2020 at 01:17 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 07:58 AM   #153
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Assuming people here already know this but: NBA to shut down as of Thursday due to coronavirus.

Shits geting deep.

I hope this ends up being a bit of a tipping point for people.

All the scientists saying we have to isolate before shit gets bad in order to mitigate it won't really penetrate the public consciousness. People will still think "Oh, I'll go to the parade, but I won't let people cough directly on me. It'll be fine."

But something like the NBA suspending might actually get through to people. This is a big deal.

Stay home today, so when you get in a car accident in 4 weeks, there will actually be a bed in the hospital for you.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 03:01 PM   #154
miami_fan
Coordinator

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/us/nb...rnd/index.html

It goes without saying, the details will be important. But, kudos to Mark Cuban for remembering the hourly workers.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 03:15 PM   #155
bob
College Starter

As seen online:

"Since the NBA started, the team that wins the very last game of the year has been declared NBA champions. I see no reason to do away with this now. Therefore...

The Dallas Mavericks defeated the Denver Nuggets 113-97 to win their 2nd NBA championship! "
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 04:48 PM   #156
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Well he is 178th out of 198 in qualified win shares/per 48. Perhaps ordinary wasn't the correct wording. Is awful better?

He contributes about as much to their team as Cedi Osman does to the Cavs and Ish Smith to the Wizards right now for proper comparison.

My rant was because he acts like he is a "megastar" bashing on a Hall of Famer and top 50 player. Put 3 top 10 players around him and he looks like a nice player with a huge contract. Have him lead a team and he plays like he is and probably float around the league from team to team.

He's the 3rd best player on an NBA Championship winning team, and the 4th best player on two other NBA Championship winning teams. He's one of the five best defensive players in the league, and his ability to switch, rotate, and play multiple positions has a ton to do with the Warriors' flexibility. You're comparing him to Cedi Osman and Ish Smith; who would you rather have on your team? All are per 36 numbers, as you started the conversation with, except for Defensive RAPTOR, which is 538's measure of overall defensive ability (positive is better):
  • Player A: 10.2 pts, 7.8 reb, 7.8 ast, 1.7 stl, 1.0 blk, +2.1 Defensive RAPTOR
  • Player B: 13.5 pts, 4.4 reb, 2.9 ast, 1.0 stl, 0.3 blk, -0.8 Defensive RAPTOR
  • Player C: 14.4 pts, 4.3 reb, 6.5 ast, 1.2 stl, 0.6 blk, -2.7 Defensive RAPTOR

He's 17th in the league in Assists per 36 minutes (excluding players who have played fewer than 10 games), and the highest rated front court player in that statistic in the entire league. Saying that he's awful because he can't carry a team by himself is like saying Rickey Henderson was a terrible baseball player because he didn't hit many home runs or have a ton of RBIs.

Is Draymond Green a mouthy blowhard who is really hard to like unless he's on your team? Yes. He's still an extremely good basketball player who is easily one of the 50 most valuable players in the league right now. Don't let your dislike for him blind you to the fact that he's very good.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 03:47 PM   #157
miami_fan
Coordinator

NBA is giving free access to premium League Pass until April 22
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 04-04-2020, 11:20 AM   #158
miami_fan
Coordinator

The Naismith Hall of Fame Class of 2020 is as follows:

Kobe Bryant
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Tamika Catchings
Kim Mulkey
Barbara Stevens
Eddie Sutton
Rudy Tomjanovich
Patrick Baumann
Old 04-16-2020, 12:14 PM   #159
miami_fan
Coordinator

Top high school player Jalen Green enters NBA/G League pathway
Old 05-13-2020, 05:41 PM   #160
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Draymond Green now getting in verbal exchanges with Shaq. Its like Horace Grant coming out and talking crap to Larry Bird or Magic Johnson. The guy doesnt know when to shut up.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 04:08 AM   #161
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Can they please just cancel the season already.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 02:23 PM   #162
JPhillips
General Manager

lol

Old 06-03-2020, 02:30 PM   #163
Butter
Coordinator

That was awesome
Old 06-04-2020, 06:51 AM   #164
wustin
College Prospect

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1268205549583241218

play with current standings with 22 teams (9 east, 13 west). If the 8th seed is under 4 games ahead of the 9th seed, 8th vs 9th play-in double elimination with 8th winner's side, 9th loser's side. That means 8th only has to win once, while 9th has to win twice.
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:06 AM   #165
wustin
College Prospect

dola

the 8 preliminary season games will be played amongst the 22 teams so the schedules have been revamped. That means the fringe teams that originally had easy schedules (memphis) now have a much harder one.

https://twitter.com/VinceGoodwill/st...47784576159746

brad beal and the wizards can still make the playoffs lmao

nurkic and collins would be back in the lineup for portland and they're probably the favorite to make the 9th seed to play against memphis for the playoff spot

james harden has lost alot of weight, dunno how that would affect his playstyle

bogdanovic for the Jazz will not be playing and I could see them dropping down to 7th
Old 06-05-2020, 01:16 PM   #166
stevew
Hall Of Famer

May as well let the 22 returning teams left choose one guy off the non-playing 8 teams.

Does Curry or Trae go #1 overall?

edit-or KAT, although who knows if he's in any condition to play.

Last edited by stevew : 06-05-2020 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:34 PM   #167
JPhillips
General Manager

Are either of Kyrie or Durant able to play? That would change things a lot for the East.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:38 PM   #168
stevew
Hall Of Famer

KD keeps saying no but if they win a round in the playoffs you never know. Although they do have to set a playoff roster at some point I suppose.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:32 PM   #169
wustin
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Are either of Kyrie or Durant able to play? That would change things a lot for the East.

After what happened to Durant last year, don't think he's going to want to play at all unless Nets make it to the ECF or finals.
Old 06-08-2020, 05:18 PM   #170
miami_fan
Coordinator

I would have loved for them to do 1 through 16 regardless of conference affiliations this year and this year only. Oh well.
Old 06-14-2020, 03:14 PM   #171
Atocep
Coordinator

So Kyrie is trying to sabotage the NBA's restart. His current talking point is only about 20 guys in the NBA actually get paid.

Kyrie was 18th in pay this year with $32 mil per. The 40th highest paid player (Aldridge) in the league makes just $6 mil less at $26 mil. The 80th highest paid player makes $15 mil. The 160th highest plaid player makes $7 mil.

The NBA's average salary is $6.9mil with a median salary of $2.9 mil
MLB's average salary is $4.4 mil with a median salary of $1.5 mil
The NFL's average salary is $2.7 mil with a median salary of $847k

And Pop calling out Goodell on kneeling was fantastic.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:37 PM   #172
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am going to go against my instincts and give Kyrie the benefit of the doubt. I think he is a contrarian and he would be the guy on the executive committee I would target if I had issues with going to Orlando and/or with the role players should play in the current protest. Kyrie would be the guy to listen to what I had to say and voice those concerns. I still think the NBA will restart though.

Last edited by miami_fan : 06-15-2020 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-15-2020, 08:51 PM   #173
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I am going to go against my instincts and give Kyrie the benefit of the doubt. I think he is a contrarian and he would be the guy on the executive committee I would target if I had issues with going to Orlando and/or with the role players should play in the current protest. Kyrie would be the guy to listen to what I had to say and voice those concerns. I still think the NBA will restart though.

Pat Beverly summed it up. If LeBron wants to play they are going to play
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:26 PM   #174
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Kyrie costing LeBron another title would be great.

Also if the Lakers sucked there would be no restart.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:05 PM   #175
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Kyrie Irving proposed players starting their own league in call urging boycott of NBA season, per report - CBSSports.com
Old 06-16-2020, 08:13 PM   #176
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Kyrie is #2 in the union. His words are backed by nuclear weapons.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:26 PM   #177
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Kyrie is #2 in the union. His words are backed by nuclear weapons.

I dunno.

Most of these guys realize they have a small window to make money, I doubt they fuck with that too much
Old 06-16-2020, 10:24 PM   #178
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Have at it Kyrie, lemme know how that works out for you.

It's a league filled with double digit IQ mf'ers couldn't run their finger up their own asses, much less run a league.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:09 AM   #179
molson
General Manager

The NBA bubble sounds weird.

Inside the NBA's 100-page safety plan - Big questions and key details

They have access to ping-pong in their hotels, but will not be permitted to play doubles. They can play cards, but they have to use a new deck each game. That's actually in the rules.

They've also sorted out the quality of accommodations by record. There's a "loser hotel" that consists entirely of the current non-playoff teams. (Though apparently the loser hotel is the only one with mini-golf, so that's something).

Team and league staff have to wear an alarm that goes off if they're too close to someone else for too long. It's optional for players. Not sure why a player would choose that option.

They're also going to bring in outdoor concerts and stand-up acts just for the players, and major studio movies that haven't been released to the general public yet because of the pandemic. No word on hookers. The players are also allowed to go to the other games, so, there will be some "fans" in the stands.

And of course they'll be filming a lot of the bubble shenanigans for reality-type shows.

Players can leave the bubble but then they have to be quarantined for a time until they return.

This has the potential to be either a well-oiled machine or a total shitshow.

Last edited by molson : 06-17-2020 at 02:24 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:54 AM   #180
bob
College Starter

Can't wait for the eventual tell all book about the bubble.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 08:07 AM   #181
Kodos
Resident Alien

What happens in the bubble...
Old 06-17-2020, 09:01 AM   #182
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

They've also sorted out the quality of accommodations by record. There's a "loser hotel" that consists entirely of the current non-playoff teams. (Though apparently the loser hotel is the only one with mini-golf, so that's something).

So what about teams on the playoff bubble (no pun intended)? Do they have to keep changing rooms each time they move into and out of a playoff spot?
Old 06-17-2020, 09:17 AM   #183
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

There's gonna be more wanna-be documentary film crews at and around the bubble than players.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:27 AM   #184
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Enes Kanter's Dad Released from Turkish Jail, NBA Star Says

Great news
Old 06-19-2020, 09:32 AM   #185
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Old 07-11-2020, 09:53 AM   #186
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I kindof chuckled at yesterday's Woj bomb

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:05 PM   #187
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

Inside the NBA's 100-page safety plan - Big questions and key details

They have access to ping-pong in their hotels, but will not be permitted to play doubles. They can play cards, but they have to use a new deck each game. That's actually in the rules.

Team and league staff have to wear an alarm that goes off if they're too close to someone else for too long. It's optional for players. Not sure why a player would choose that option.

They're also going to bring in outdoor concerts and stand-up acts just for the players, and major studio movies that haven't been released to the general public yet because of the pandemic. No word on hookers. The players are also allowed to go to the other games, so, there will be some "fans" in the stands.

And of course they'll be filming a lot of the bubble shenanigans for reality-type shows.

Players can leave the bubble but then they have to be quarantined for a time until they return.

This has the potential to be either a well-oiled machine or a total shitshow.

I'm rooting for shit show, just for the pure comedy. Although at the same time, hoping that said shit show is only a medium level inconvenience that is more than equally counterbalanced by the millions of dollars they are being paid.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 07-11-2020 at 04:05 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:50 PM   #188
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Dammit. I was really wanting to see what the Rockets smallball could do in this wacky bubble tournament, especially adding LMAM. But with Westbrook now having COVID, that's a huge problem.

SI

Old 07-13-2020, 10:02 PM   #189
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Dammit. I was really wanting to see what the Rockets smallball could do in this wacky bubble tournament, especially adding LMAM. But with Westbrook now having COVID, that's a huge problem.

SI
Won't he be back before the games that matter? Thabo bowing out seems like it's matter more in that sense.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:20 PM   #190
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Won't he be back before the games that matter? Thabo bowing out seems like it's matter more in that sense.

Mbah a Moute was signed to replace Thabo. If LMAM is healthy (big if), he's better than Sefolosha. Honestly, if he LMAM was healthy in the 2018 WCF, the Rockets might have had a puncher's chance of winning either game 6 or 7 even with CP3 hurt. But he was still hurt and ineffective so the rotation just wasn't long enough when Paul went down.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-13-2020 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-18-2020, 09:20 AM   #191
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Old 07-18-2020, 09:31 AM   #192
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

That's pretty awesome

SI

Old 07-18-2020, 04:00 PM   #193
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Okay, that was way above the curve for quality.
Old 07-18-2020, 05:31 PM   #194
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

That was like an extended "This is ESPN" commercial from back in ESPN's heyday.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:01 PM   #195
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
That was like an extended "This is ESPN" commercial from back in ESPN's heyday.

Yes! That's a perfect description

SI

Old 07-22-2020, 10:13 PM   #196
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Bol Bol looking good in preseason.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:10 PM   #197
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Some of these games looking quite amateurish.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:57 PM   #198
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yeah I have to say, despite the high scoring, for the most part I haven't really enjoyed watching any of the games, outside of a couple of close ones. A lot of 'All-Star Game' D being played. Only interesting thing I find is that without the crowds or home/away stuff, guys seem to be in a different state mentally, and a couple of lower-profile dudes are looking at times like they rocked up to Rucker Park looking like KD against some amateurs/street ballers.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:15 PM   #199
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Zion seriously struggling vs tall post defenders today. He’s so far out of shape and looks like garbage at times. Last night I think the Rockets missed like 40 3’s and still won. This is some GLeague/CBA type basketball.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:15 PM   #200
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Zion seriously struggling vs tall post defenders today. He’s so far out of shape and looks like garbage at times.

Is that the same guy I saw a headline about kinda bitching because he was on limited minutes?