Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2022, 01:57 PM   #5501
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I really don't see Trump taking a running mate that has chance to be more popular than him. I also have hard time seeing DeSantis being fine with sitting in the back seat.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 06:26 PM   #5502
PilotMan
Head Coach

I really think that the Dems need a personality on their side. They need someone who can become the face and the figurehead of what they support. They need Jon Stewart or Al Franken up front and they need Pete to be the backstop who can keep the policy and focus on direction.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 08:33 AM   #5503
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 08:55 AM   #5504
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I really think that the Dems need a personality on their side. They need someone who can become the face and the figurehead of what they support. They need Jon Stewart or Al Franken up front and they need Pete to be the backstop who can keep the policy and focus on direction.

This is probably spot on, but it also sucks because it just feeds into the "politics is entertainment" thing that got us where we are. You can point back to Reagan, but at least he governed a large state before running for president.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 09:54 AM   #5505
BYU 14
Coordinator

I agree that neither man would be content sharing a ticket with the other, as no way there egos both fit. I know several conservatives that are done with Trump completely, but all on the DeSantis backwagon (spelling intentional) so I could see them staying home for Trump and insert whoever, but coming out if they did run together because they know DeSantis would really be the one pulling the strings.

I too think my fears are unfounded, but I never thought Trump would win in 2016 either. You just can't predict the way many people in this country think.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 10:36 AM   #5506
PilotMan
Head Coach

Leaving the country is edging up in own thought processes. Kids and work being the big holds against that. But if a big chunk of the county continues to fall into the same traps that kicked off Germany in the 30s, decides they need to persecute some scapegoats, then this really isn't the place I want to support.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 11:24 AM   #5507
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
You know the scary thing, DeSantis will be 45 in 2024, lets say Trump's camp reaches out with a deal to run as VP under Trump, then Trump endorses him in 2028.

That is a playbook that could work if the Democrats can't come up with a candidate that energizes the voting base.

Stefanik or Noem will be his VP. DeSantis doesn't want to play second fiddle.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 01:47 PM   #5508
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Leaving the country is edging up in own thought processes. Kids and work being the big holds against that. But if a big chunk of the county continues to fall into the same traps that kicked off Germany in the 30s, decides they need to persecute some scapegoats, then this really isn't the place I want to support.

We have had those talks. Dual citizenship for me in the US and England makes it easy, and it is not at all hard to gain residence in Mexico if we wanted to follow that route. I honestly can't see a desire to stay here if we continue to regress as a united country.
Old 08-07-2022, 03:09 PM   #5509
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

Would love JS.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 09:52 AM   #5510
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
We have had those talks. Dual citizenship for me in the US and England makes it easy, and it is not at all hard to gain residence in Mexico if we wanted to follow that route. I honestly can't see a desire to stay here if we continue to regress as a united country.

We're actively making plans. The kids are going into 6th & 9th grade, so likely not until they graduate, but we're researching and planning. It helps that by the time they're in college we might be financially independent anyway (and thus able to retire).
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 11:26 AM   #5511
BYU 14
Coordinator

you know, Jon Stewart is someone that could move the needle for many I think and the GOP can't use call him out for being an entertainer after the reality show years. Plus Stewart is articulate, well versed in politics and commands attention when he speaks.

Wonder if he has any interest?
Old 08-08-2022, 11:53 AM   #5512
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I know this is right out of the "let's make words not mean anything" playbook, but it also feels like a "when someone tells you who they are, believe them" sort of moment, too.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 06:18 PM   #5513
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Trump claiming the feds executed a search warrant on Mar a lago today
Old 08-08-2022, 06:30 PM   #5514
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:

It's something I'm looking at more and more, too. And I don't have anything tying me down to anywhere.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 06:38 PM   #5515
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Trump claiming the feds executed a search warrant on Mar a lago today

Well damn

Trump says his Mar-a-Lago home was ‘raided’ by ‘large group of FBI agents’

It almost makes me think that Trump may face some consequences for his actions.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 08-08-2022 at 06:42 PM.
NobodyHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 06:43 PM   #5516
JPhillips
General Manager

I bet Ron DeSantis was the happiest guy in FL.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:45 PM   #5517
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The whole live statement has the energy of King Orange Shouty Man yelling at the lowly constables:

"It's very unfair! I told the FBI officer that he wasn't allowed to search my safe, which has evidence of all my crimes, because I am the 45th President of the United States and the election was RIGGED and FALSE and then they took the evidence of my crimes from my safe after all this, despite me telling them they weren't allowed to take it. No president has ever been so persecuted after winning two elections!"
Old 08-08-2022, 06:52 PM   #5518
GrantDawg

DeSantis already has the "elect me and I will pardon Trump" signs printed.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 08-08-2022 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:58 PM   #5519
RainMaker
General Manager

Sounds like they are going after classified documents that were illegally taken.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 07:17 PM   #5520
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Sounds like they are going after classified documents that were illegally taken.

assuming they find them, and I would be shocked if they don't, is there any reason he shouldn't be taken in to custody immediately?
Old 08-08-2022, 07:30 PM   #5521
Atocep
Coordinator

And this comes as the person that claimed Trump would flush documents and notes after reading dropped the receipts.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/polit...ntv/index.html
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 07:47 PM   #5522
JPhillips
General Manager

Old 08-08-2022, 08:23 PM   #5523
GrantDawg

Republicans are going full crying fit.

Edit: Jphillips had the tweet

Last edited by GrantDawg : 08-08-2022 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-08-2022, 08:32 PM   #5524
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

Yeah if this is what they were after and they find it, pretty much ends any chance he has of announcing/running again

Old 08-08-2022, 08:52 PM   #5525
GrantDawg

Oh Lord. The Sandy Hook families attorney says that there were naked pics of Alex Jones' wife on his phone. It had been texted to Roger Stome. Ewwwww.....

Old 08-08-2022, 08:57 PM   #5526
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Republicans are having a completely normal one.

Never mind sanctuary cities, we'll now have sanctuary STATES.

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1...119104/photo/1
Old 08-08-2022, 09:05 PM   #5527
JPhillips
General Manager

I don't really agree with it, but if Garland thinks the real threat is Trump being re-elected, this is a way to end that without having to go through a criminal prosecution that could end in jail time.
Old 08-08-2022, 09:08 PM   #5528
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I don't really agree with it, but if Garland thinks the real threat is Trump being re-elected, this is a way to end that without having to go through a criminal prosecution that could end in jail time.

I know everyone is saying the don't get this signed off on unless it's 100% a slam dunk, but they really had better of found something or else this is going to cause a lot of problems.
Old 08-08-2022, 09:22 PM   #5529
Ksyrup

"Destroy the FBI!" says the law and order party.

I can't tell what's going to be the prevailing theory - they planted something, they went after him for something every president does, or this is like execution for driving 60 in a 55 mph zone.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-08-2022, 09:41 PM   #5530
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

I can't tell what's going to be the prevailing theory - they planted something, they went after him for something every president does, or this is like execution for driving 60 in a 55 mph zone.

Whichever one plays best over the next 36 hours as the Russian troll farms post it to the base on Facebook.

As someone on Reddit posted: "Wow, if this could happen to a guy like Donald, then any former president who live tweeted themself committing crimes could be raided."

I think they're going to settle on playing this like a third world country dictator (Brandon, of course) going after his political rivals to eliminate them with his secret police or KGB. When, of course, the DoJ and FBI appear to be using standard operating procedures. It's not like they were making their own little army of pliable unmarked federal agencies to create a secret police force when the army said no. I mean, that hasn't happened for like a whole 2 years (Federal Law Enforcement Use Unmarked Vehicles To Grab Protesters Off Portland Streets - OPB)

I have to think was dotting lots of i's and crossing lots of t's before doing this because the fallout if this is nothing will be tremendous. I mean, even if they have pictures of him red-handed doing something totally badly illegal, it will be minimized and dismissed as politically motivated.

SI

Old 08-08-2022, 09:45 PM   #5531
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I would have liked it if the GOP had reacted to this with more of a wait and see approach.

The immediate call to arms is depressing.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 10:19 PM   #5532
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Whichever one plays best over the next 36 hours as the Russian troll farms post it to the base on Facebook.

As someone on Reddit posted: "Wow, if this could happen to a guy like Donald, then any former president who live tweeted themself committing crimes could be raided."

I think they're going to settle on playing this like a third world country dictator (Brandon, of course) going after his political rivals to eliminate them with his secret police or KGB. When, of course, the DoJ and FBI appear to be using standard operating procedures. It's not like they were making their own little army of pliable unmarked federal agencies to create a secret police force when the army said no. I mean, that hasn't happened for like a whole 2 years (Federal Law Enforcement Use Unmarked Vehicles To Grab Protesters Off Portland Streets - OPB)

I have to think was dotting lots of i's and crossing lots of t's before doing this because the fallout if this is nothing will be tremendous. I mean, even if they have pictures of him red-handed doing something totally badly illegal, it will be minimized and dismissed as politically motivated.

SI

Their entire basis of reality is crazy. They see Trump as some guy constantly playing 4D chess and staying ahead of his opponents when in reality he's just a rich guy playing Checkers. Most dems see Joe as a guy playing checkers while all of his opponents are playing chess. I mean, really, "the biden crime family"?

The guy that's the head of the damn FBI was appointed by Trump? How much do they have to stack the government in their favor before they accept it?
Old 08-08-2022, 10:41 PM   #5533
Atocep
Coordinator

So I guess Lara Trump told Fox News that Donald told her they came to get some documents he had every right to take.

It does sound like they knew exactly what they were after and knew he had it.
Old 08-08-2022, 10:50 PM   #5534
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Qualifications for President are set in the Constitution. A federal law can't change that.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 08-08-2022 at 10:50 PM.
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 11:37 PM   #5535
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

In their minds, the law is there to punish their enemies, whether a crime has been committed or not.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 06:48 AM   #5536
GrantDawg

I think I already know Trump's defense. "I didn't take any papers from the White House. Someone else must have done it. I never read anything when I was president, why would a I take things to read now?" I think that is an air-tight defense.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 08-09-2022 at 06:49 AM.
Old 08-09-2022, 06:50 AM   #5537
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
In their minds, the law is there to punish their enemies, whether a crime has been committed or not.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”
Old 08-09-2022, 07:11 AM   #5538
Ksyrup

I didn't realize (or remember), but apparently this past January, they returned the 15 boxes of documents they were photographed taking when they moved out. Perhaps someone has spilled the beans that more documents remain.

Similar to my comments when the committee had Hutchison talk about the limo altercation, they better have absolute certainty in what they searched for yesterday and it better be consequential. Otherwise, they just handed Trump the presidency in 2024.
Old 08-09-2022, 07:33 AM   #5539
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Qualifications for President are set in the Constitution. A federal law can't change that.

I agree. I think that that statute would be void as applied to offices specifically mentioned in the Constitution.
Old 08-09-2022, 07:40 AM   #5540
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I almost feel that Trump's Truth Social post is a call to arms.

What I'd really like to see if some of the co-conspirators get the same "raids".

At the same time, I feel this is the Rubicon crossed moment, because conservatives love to wallow in self-martyrdom to incite their goobers.

Democrats still have to constantly remind the public about abortion rights to ensure active voter participation, they really need to frame how conservatives are going after the common person's rights so that they can be enslaved in servitude to the right, populate the nation with Christonationals and subjugate terror on anyone who isn't a Trumpanzee.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 07:49 AM   #5541
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I would have liked it if the GOP had reacted to this with more of a wait and see approach.

The immediate call to arms is depressing.

Linsday Graham's Twitter is toeing that I expect the "mainstream" GOP line to be: we should be suspicious of any investigation but we'll see what it turns up mixed with the whining that it's too close to an election (which is rich from the "buttery males" party).

However, it's so hard to see where the "mainstream" ends and the crazy begins. I expected the Greens and Boeberts of the world to do their stupid shtick. But to see, say, Marco Rubio going hard after it. Or Cornyn retweeting Kevin McCarthy's threat of eternal investigations towards Garland and the White House. That's not a good look. I get that they've been caught flat footed, that they were not brought in on this and that always makes Senators whiny. But whiny and kneejerk "defund the FBI" and calls to violence are two different things. The Senators know that the FBI likely doesn't go in there, on a case of this magnitude, without an airtight case that both Wray and Garland signed off on and that they wouldn't be notified for risk of screwing up this high profile of a case.

I wonder if there is significantly more to this story than Trump kept some classified documents. Like I'm not sure all the big people involved in this sign off to go after Trump for something like that - it probably won't stick, even if it should. My leading candidate is still that he was caught selling secrets, but I just don't know where this goes.

SI

Old 08-09-2022, 07:53 AM   #5542
Ksyrup

Do we know who the judge is who signed the warrant? I hope he was a Trump appointee. You've already got a Trump-appointed FBI director, would love to see an extra level of "friendly fire" to piss off/diffuse some of the political BS talk.
Old 08-09-2022, 08:05 AM   #5543
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Do we know who the judge is who signed the warrant? I hope he was a Trump appointee. You've already got a Trump-appointed FBI director, would love to see an extra level of "friendly fire" to piss off/diffuse some of the political BS talk.

Generally, it is federal magistrate judges--not district judges--who sign off on warrants. And they are not appointed by the President. They are appointed to 8-year terms by the district court judges.

So the judge will probably be a registered Republican or Democrat. But they won't be a "Trump Judge" or an "Obama Judge."
Old 08-09-2022, 08:15 AM   #5544
Ksyrup

Gotcha.

The CNN article has some detail about investigators visiting MAL in June about remaining documents, even talking briefly with Trump and being shown the room where documents were being kept, and telling them later to secure the room. Apparently they saw boxes or documents that had top secret markings.

Also, the timing may have something to do with it being just outside 90 days to the midterm elections.
Old 08-09-2022, 08:37 AM   #5545
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So does anyone actually think he gets charged or the charges stick, because I don't.
Old 08-09-2022, 08:40 AM   #5546
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
I almost feel that Trump's Truth Social post is a call to arms.

What I'd really like to see if some of the co-conspirators get the same "raids".

At the same time, I feel this is the Rubicon crossed moment, because conservatives love to wallow in self-martyrdom to incite their goobers.

Democrats still have to constantly remind the public about abortion rights to ensure active voter participation, they really need to frame how conservatives are going after the common person's rights so that they can be enslaved in servitude to the right, populate the nation with Christonationals and subjugate terror on anyone who isn't a Trumpanzee.

Eastman has been "raided" already, and someone I can't remember off the top of my head.
Old 08-09-2022, 08:40 AM   #5547
Ksyrup

If they don't have something of substance, this was a huge mistake.
Old 08-09-2022, 08:43 AM   #5548
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
So does anyone actually think he gets charged or the charges stick, because I don't.

Let me ask Lathum based on your comments in this thread in the past, you felt like what happened yesterday to Trump would never happen, right? I understand why you are skeptical, but please can you let up on this a little now that there has been action taken against Trump. Try to have a little faith?
Old 08-09-2022, 08:51 AM   #5549
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Eastman has been "raided" already, and someone I can't remember off the top of my head.

Eastman ain't Trump. This is a direct shot at Trump (he knew he'd walk from the impeachments).

We've always thought Trump would push enough people in front of the bus to keep him "clean". The fact they went to MAL is shocking.

I don't know what comes of it, but if nothing becomes of it, it'll surely be the clarion call of conservatives that it was politically motived not "law and order".

This will not change Trumpanzees minds that they are being persecuted, but for everyone else it's validation that he's not fit and a danger and compounded with the abortion/gay marriage/interracial marriage risks, I hope it galvanizes a strong majority to vote out Republicons.

Schumer just stated they're going to work on the insulin cap in the fall. I don't think Democrats are perfect but they show/try to improve the quality of life. I've never seen a decent Republican who didn't want to fuck the world after getting their own.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams

Last edited by Qwikshot : 08-09-2022 at 08:52 AM. Reason: edited my thought on clarion call
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 09:04 AM   #5550
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Let me ask Lathum based on your comments in this thread in the past, you felt like what happened yesterday to Trump would never happen, right? I understand why you are skeptical, but please can you let up on this a little now that there has been action taken against Trump. Try to have a little faith?

I will be skeptical until I see him led away in an orange jumpsuit. Growing up where I did I have been following the Trump experience for over 30 years. Nothing ever sticks.

I will concede I find it impossible to think they don't have the goods on him knowing how politically charged this would be.