Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2022, 09:20 AM   #6601
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Do they actually do genital surgeries that young? I thought they basically have to wait for full maturity to do that.

Politifact does rate the bolded DeSantis claim as mostly false. However, DeSantis provided 2 examples (and Politifact did not deny). One at 14 (top) and one at 17 (genital).

Article also said "The (top) procedure is mostly offered to teenagers 15 and older, The New York Times reported." which implies it is happening more time.

So I do think the surgeries are occurring before "full maturity" aka "of age".

PolitiFact | Transition-related surgery limited to teens, not 'young kids.' Even then, it's rare
Quote:
DeSantis said, "They are literally chopping off the private parts of young kids."

DeSantis' office provided two examples of teenagers who received transition-related surgeries. The Florida Department of Health would define both cases as involving adolescents, and experts say the procedures are rare for minors and aren't typically recommended. There are no examples we could find, or the governor's office provided, of transition-related surgeries for people under the age of 14.

Medical transitioning is not recommended for prepubescent children, as DeSantis suggested. We rate his claim Mostly False.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-13-2022 at 09:40 AM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 09:24 AM   #6602
Edward64
Head Coach

Below is my favorite Walker statement. I've seen his ads on YT, they attack Warnock on inflation/economy etc. So I figure those are pretty much par for the course in any election.

But below reminds me of similar conversations I had with a couple evangelicals in the past. Believe in evolution or not, don't mischaracterize it like below.

PolitiFact | Herschel Walker misconstrues evolution of humans, apes
Quote:
Herschel Walker, the former Georgia football star vying to join the U.S. Senate, questioned evolution during a recent church appearance.

"At one time science said, man came from apes. Did it not?" Walker said at Sugar Hill Church in Northern Gwinnett County, outside of Atlanta, Ga., on March 13. "If that is true, why are there still apes? Think about it."

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-13-2022 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-13-2022, 09:40 AM   #6603
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

The "Think about it" at the end is the cherry on top.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 10:57 AM   #6604
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
just like the one person who may have had a questionable abortion at 8 months they will trot out the one person who had the surgery at 14 and now at 24 regrets it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Politifact does rate the bolded DeSantis claim as mostly false. However, DeSantis provided 2 examples (and Politifact did not deny). One at 14 (top) and one at 17 (genital).

Article also said "The (top) procedure is mostly offered to teenagers 15 and older, The New York Times reported." which implies it is happening more time.

PolitiFact | Transition-related surgery limited to teens, not 'young kids.' Even then, it's rare

Literally what I stated earlier in the thread. They are going to find the needle in a haystack and exploit it as some kind of sweeping generalization and morons on the right will eat it up like gospel because god forbid they venture 2 inches outside their bubble. It is any number of things. This, kids in schools using litter boxes, late term abortion, CRT, etc...shit that literally isn't happening but it is way more satisfying to these people to be outraged at the other side than it is to process actual facts.

A more troubling aspect of this is I have noticed more "mainstream" journalists not calling people out on their BS in real time. Going back and making a correction doesn't do shit once the soundbite is in the ecosystem it becomes gospel. The late term abortion is one I am seeing this with a lot.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 11:14 AM   #6605
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Literally what I stated earlier in the thread. They are going to find the needle in a haystack and exploit it as some kind of sweeping generalization and morons on the right will eat it up like gospel because god forbid they venture 2 inches outside their bubble. It is any number of things. This, kids in schools using litter boxes, late term abortion, CRT, etc...shit that literally isn't happening but it is way more satisfying to these people to be outraged at the other side than it is to process actual facts.

A more troubling aspect of this is I have noticed more "mainstream" journalists not calling people out on their BS in real time. Going back and making a correction doesn't do shit once the soundbite is in the ecosystem it becomes gospel. The late term abortion is one I am seeing this with a lot.

My post referenced a NYT article that implied more was happening.

Did more googling on surgeries. There were 832 (from 2019-2021, ages 13-17) confirmed with 776 (top) + 56 (genital). Article says these were done with insurance and "this tally does not include procedures that were paid for out of pocket" so very likely, more than 832. So is 832+, over 3 years, a needle in a haystack to you?

Number of transgender children seeking treatment surges in U.S.
Quote:
The Komodo analysis of insurance claims found 56 genital surgeries among patients ages 13 to 17 with a prior gender dysphoria diagnosis from 2019 to 2021. Among teens, “top surgery” to remove breasts is more common. In the three years ending in 2021, at least 776 mastectomies were performed in the United States on patients ages 13 to 17 with a gender dysphoria diagnosis, according to Komodo’s data analysis of insurance claims. This tally does not include procedures that were paid for out of pocket.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:19 AM   #6606
miked
College Starter

Well, according to some sites there are about 20-30M teenagers in the US. So I guess 800 out of 25M (over 3 years) is a fraction of a fraction of a percent.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:24 AM   #6607
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Well, according to some sites there are about 20-30M teenagers in the US. So I guess 800 out of 25M (over 3 years) is a fraction of a fraction of a percent.

Good point. Using that same scale, we really shouldn't worry about mass shooters as a percent of total US population.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:26 AM   #6608
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I went back and forth on wading into this, but ... alas.

This isn't a medical decision. This isn't a parent deciding whether or not to consent to a risky treatment that could cure their sick child. This a parent consenting to elective life-altering medication and/or surgeries for a minor, who cannot possibly have a clear understanding of what they're about to undergo - not to mention teens and younger aren't exactly notorious for sticking with decisions longer than 5 minutes.

Putting your child through trans surgeries and medication is child abuse. You are forever changing the life of a child who cannot possibly be mature enough to fully understand the scope of that decision. Get the kid all the psychiatric help they need to come to terms with themselves, and let them make their own decision about their future when they're of age. This should not be even remotely an option for children.

Let's put this in a little bit harsher terms, 'cause effectively, this is what some of these procedures do. If I said, "A parent should be able to decide to sterilize and/or castrate their child", in what world is that okay?

There is a lot here. I may use terms like "us" and "we". I don't mean it as an attack against you personally. I just mean it as society in general.

Parents are already consenting to elective life altering medication and/or surgeries on behalf of minors who cannot possibly have a clear understanding of what they're about to undergo. Circumcision is an obvious one.

More along the gender affirming route, it is conservatively estimated that 1-2% of babies are born with sexual organs that don't fit neatly into a male or female box. That could mean a slew of things including having both male and female organs but also having sexual organs that incomplete, too big (usually female) or too small(usually male). That does not necessarily mean that the babies are unhealthy or need any medical intervention. However, in order to fit into our society, parents and doctors consult with each other and make a call that the baby is either male or female and make the medical adjustments needed to fit our society's definition of male and female. Of course there is a 50/50 chance that the parents have made the wrong choice. Their boy now has female genitalia or their girl now has male genitalia and all of the associated dysphoria. Some parents have taken the view that such practices are child abuse and leave their children as is. Of course, that comes with the risk of their children being abused by us in the society for being freaks.

There are also anatomy things that become more apparent as a child enters puberty. For example, humans who identify as boys, want to identify as boys, and have male sexual organs may found out that they have a condition called Klinefelter Syndrome which may cause them to grow breasts. Gender affirming care is removing those breasts. Others may have a genetic condition called 5-Alpha-Reductase Deficiency which can affect their body's ability to increase muscle mass, deepen their voice, development pubic hair, or have a growth spurt. In other words, their bodies is much closer to society's view of a woman's boy than a man's body. Again, there is not anything medically wrong with most of these people However. many of those that have that condition consider themselves lucky when it is diagnosed early. They are often raised as girls and end up receiving gender affirming care early in puberty because well it is safer for them as opposed to being raised as the boy who besides all that I described above, also has a micropenis and is unable to have biological children without assisted reproduction.

I could go on with other examples and I have not even delved into the wide world of gender dysphoria. I just want to point out that we as a society are a-okay with parents making these types of decisions for children all the time often without the child's knowledge. I do wonder how many of these cases fit into one of the two categories I described.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 11:34 AM   #6609
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Did more googling on surgeries. There were 832 (from 2019-2021, ages 13-17) confirmed with 776 (top) + 56 (genital). Article says these were done with insurance and "this tally does not include procedures that were paid for out of pocket" so very likely, more than 832. So is 832+, over 3 years, a needle in a haystack to you?

In this case the needle in the haystack wouldn't be the 832 kisd over three years, but the number of those 832 that regretted the surgery after the fact.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 11:45 AM   #6610
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
In this case the needle in the haystack wouldn't be the 832 kids over three years, but the number of those 832 that regretted the surgery after the fact.

This is a valid question. I don't think we have real/reasonable stats for that.

From the wiki article I posted previously, it ranged from 1-8% for all (adolescents & adults). I don't know if adolescents only study would have a higher/lower rate of regret. If you can find other stats, share it.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:47 AM   #6611
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
My post referenced a NYT article that implied more was happening.

Number of transgender children seeking treatment surges in U.S.

Actually yes it is. Especially in the context of the narrative the right is trying to push referenced in Mikes example. Not to mention raw numbers don’t really matter. What matters is how many of these kids down the road regretted that decision? Then factor in how many would have committed suicide had they not gotten the surgery? The right wants to believe you can pray the gay away when reality is all you do is shun these kids and an overwhelming number of them die because of it.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:48 AM   #6612
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Dola- my needle in a haystack comment was more regarding the rare cases where as an adult they regretted having the surgery.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:54 AM   #6613
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Dola- my needle in a haystack comment was more regarding the rare cases where as an adult they regretted having the surgery.

Fair enough. But I will point out you referenced my DeSantis post which was not about regret but about reassignment surgery for adolescents. That's what I was reacting to.

Specifically for gender reassignment surgery, IMO 832+ occurrences over 3 years for adolescents is statistically a needle in the haystack, but not in the context of this discussion.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-13-2022 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-13-2022, 12:08 PM   #6614
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think it is. It’s literally less than 1 kid a day in a nation of almost 400 million people. Do you honestly think that’s worth the effort being put into this?

Last edited by Lathum : 10-13-2022 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-13-2022, 12:15 PM   #6615
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I think it is. It’s literally less than 1 kid a day in a nation of almost 400 million people. Do you honestly think that’s worth the effort being put into this?

Same for school shootings. Is it worth the effort/discussion we are putting into that? To answer your question - it is worth the effort to debate it, for sure. Is it worth the effort to stop it ... TBH unsure. But I'll go back to one of my themes above, I don't think they should punish the parents. If we want to punish someone, punish the health professionals that enable and do them.

School Shootings by Country 2022
Quote:
School shootings are considered by many to be an epidemic in the United States, as is gun violence in general. According to data from Everytown Research, the United States averaged just over 87 school shootings each year from 2013 to 2021, resulting in an annual average of 28.4 dead and 59.6 wounded.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-13-2022 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-13-2022, 12:47 PM   #6616
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I can not believe how many adults believe there are children identifying as cats and shitting in oversized litter boxes.

I don't know how we get out of this alive.
Old 10-13-2022, 01:08 PM   #6617
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
I realize there are a lot of ignorant easily manipulated people out there, but are any swing voters really going to believe this crap?

Like, are there really people out there agonizing over their vote and this is the commercial that pushes them to vote Walker?

I just don't see it.
For the most part people underestimate the number of people that are not politically engage at all, yet still vote. In a mid-term there are less, but there is still a significant number. I was listening to podcast where a political researcher just went out and randomly talked to people. The vast majority had some strong political views, but the people who they would vote for often have the exact opposite voting records. They adapt an attitude about certain candidates largely by either single issues, or just a general perception from what little they do hear. These type of "evil evil evil" commercials just form an opinion for those who don't care enough to actually be informed.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-13-2022 at 01:16 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 01:10 PM   #6618
Castlerock
High School Varsity

Are there really lots of adults who believe that there are children identifying as cats and shitting in oversized litter boxes?

or is it that there are lot of adults who (incorrectly) believe that lots of other adults believe that there are children identifying as cats and shitting in oversized litter boxes?

I honestly do not know the answer to that. And regardless of the answer... I don't know how we get out of this alive.
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 01:11 PM   #6619
cuervo72
Head Coach

Dunno -- ask Joe Rogan.
Old 10-13-2022, 01:16 PM   #6620
GrantDawg

Quote:

Again, top surgery is easily reversible. It is very common for women to have breast surgeries, and I would guess most have something they are unhappy about with their natural breast. Genital surgery is the more irreversible, and from what I have seen is almost non-existent in underage people. If they want to restrict just that (and from what I can see, doctors recommend waiting till at least 18), I don't see an issue. But withholding things like hormone therapy and such is just plain wrong.
Old 10-13-2022, 03:17 PM   #6621
Edward64
Head Coach

Furry science and research is real!

What's a Furry? - Furscience

Tangentially related to above. Was watching YT Border Security: Canada. There was an episode where a guy identified as a furry (e.g. they found his outfit). They checked his laptop for child porn and bestiality.

I forget exactly what was said but basically they said furry with furry was not bestiality. Had a chuckle with that.
Old 10-13-2022, 03:28 PM   #6622
Ksyrup

When we were walking around Taos, there was a dude walking around with a head and shoes. I assumed he was doing the furry thing and not just a team mascot on lunch break. Definitely a first for me.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-13-2022, 04:34 PM   #6623
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Same for school shootings. Is it worth the effort/discussion we are putting into that? To answer your question - it is worth the effort to debate it, for sure. Is it worth the effort to stop it ... TBH unsure. But I'll go back to one of my themes above, I don't think they should punish the parents. If we want to punish someone, punish the health professionals that enable and do them.

School Shootings by Country 2022

The comparison is absurd which is likely why no one has responded to you and this is the last time I will on this subject.
Old 10-13-2022, 04:45 PM   #6624
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlerock View Post
Are there really lots of adults who believe that there are children identifying as cats and shitting in oversized litter boxes?

or is it that there are lot of adults who (incorrectly) believe that lots of other adults believe that there are children identifying as cats and shitting in oversized litter boxes?

I honestly do not know the answer to that. And regardless of the answer... I don't know how we get out of this alive.

There's a cottage industry for these made-up stories that boomers eat up. We're already starting in on the "your kid's Halloween candy is going to be laced in fentanyl" around here.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 06:03 PM   #6625
cuervo72
Head Coach

Transitioning = school shootings on the scale of evil is what I'm picking up from (half) listening to this conversation.
Old 10-13-2022, 06:14 PM   #6626
thesloppy
Pro Starter

How many other kids die when one kid gets gender transition surgery?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 10-13-2022 at 06:14 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 06:17 PM   #6627
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Old 10-13-2022, 06:48 PM   #6628
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

One saves kids lives one is kids being murdered. It is that simple.
Old 10-13-2022, 07:29 PM   #6629
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Actually, I think Edward is correct.

Stopping school shootings undeniably would save/does save the lives of children.

Likewise, preserving a right to gender affirming care also would save/does save the lives of children.

An excellent point Edward. I commend you.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 07:38 PM   #6630
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

How about we all take a break and argue about football in the other thread for a bit?
Old 10-13-2022, 09:55 PM   #6631
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

A strong argument could be made that kids getting help with their mental health (IE a ton of the conversation in this thread lately) could actually go a long way towards preventing school shootings. Unfortunately, we don't live in a country or even frequent a forum willing to have that conversation currently.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 06:26 AM   #6632
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
A strong argument could be made that kids getting help with their mental health (IE a ton of the conversation in this thread lately) could actually go a long way towards preventing school shootings. Unfortunately, we don't live in a country or even frequent a forum willing to have that conversation currently.
I think we desperately need to increase the amount of mental health resources available for children on up. Our mental health infrastructure is laughable.
Old 10-14-2022, 07:24 AM   #6633
miami_fan
Coordinator

The thing with any discussion of mental health is that we have been conditioned to be suspect about any discussion of mental health. Let's be honest. When most of us hear that someone is having a mental health issue, what we actually hear is that person is making excuses, isn't tough enough and/or unwilling to take responsibility for their actions etc. Any increase in mental health resources for those who need it at that time is seen as providing those people a special advantage over the rest of us who don't need those services at that moment. Never mind that all of us will probably need those services at some point in our lives.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 08:02 AM   #6634
Edward64
Head Coach

I've got 3 extended family members with significant depression or bi-polar issues. Right or wrong, they've all be prescribed drugs and all 3 are better.

One member started with "talk therapy" (?, no drugs) and although that seemed to help some, that member didn't really get noticeably better until prescribed drugs.

So generally speaking, I think we have the resources, we just need to scale it.
Old 10-14-2022, 08:12 AM   #6635
Edward64
Head Coach

I've asked my wife (autism teacher) why it seems there is a greater number of autistic kids now (e.g. her school district had to expanded autism services due to volume). She said it may just be that we are now just more aware/diagnose autism better.

I've had the same question with mental health. I do think there is more awareness and better diagnosis of mental health nowadays and that would explain some of the (presumed) increase, but it sure would be nice to blame it on fluoride in the water or like.

I read somewhere it could also be related to the rise in social media for kids. I can see that link.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-14-2022 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-14-2022, 08:25 AM   #6636
Edward64
Head Coach

Probably won't amount to much. Pretty sure it wasn't a smart move. But have to admire the guy for his convictions.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-63252559
Quote:
A rare and dramatic protest in Beijing that criticised President Xi Jinping has sparked an online hunt for the mystery protester's identity, as well as praise for the action.

The protester had mounted Sitong bridge in the Haidian district of Beijing, and draped two large banners calling for an end to China's harsh zero-Covid policy and the overthrow of Mr Xi.

While state media have remained silent, photos and videos of Thursday's event have circulated widely online, prompting a swift crackdown by censors on social media platforms and the WeChat app used by most Chinese.
:
Reports say one person has been arrested in connection to the protest. Pictures of the incident showed police officers surrounding the person, who wore a yellow hard hat and orange clothing.
Old 10-14-2022, 11:16 AM   #6637
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/misinfo...oint-rcna51439
Old 10-14-2022, 02:32 PM   #6638
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Stop it, both of you. I don't have time for this kind of foolishness.
Old 10-14-2022, 02:35 PM   #6639
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Eh, Ben beat me to it. But....

SFW: https://youtu.be/moSFlvxnbgk?t=59
Old 10-14-2022, 02:37 PM   #6640
Edward64
Head Coach

Sure, no problem
Old 10-14-2022, 03:02 PM   #6641
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I can not believe how many adults believe there are children identifying as cats and shitting in oversized litter boxes.

I don't know how we get out of this alive.

This is worse than just a false rumor. This one has layers, man.

Old 10-14-2022, 03:29 PM   #6642
RainMaker
General Manager

It was a pretty good tell when you saw no pictures of these litter boxes that were supposedly being added to schools. Every kid has a phone now so it'd be all over social media.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 03:51 PM   #6643
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Jeez, cat littler buckets to be used in emergencies during active shooter situations. That is grim.
Old 10-14-2022, 05:02 PM   #6644
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It was a pretty good tell when you saw no pictures of these litter boxes that were supposedly being added to schools. Every kid has a phone now so it'd be all over social media.

Honestly I did not think about that part.
Old 10-14-2022, 06:22 PM   #6645
HerRealName
College Prospect

Elon Musk is a perfect example why allowing massive wealth and power to be concentrated in one person is a horrible idea. He's just a disaster waiting to happen. I'm amazed anyone would buy a Tesla at this point.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 07:54 PM   #6646
Atocep
Coordinator

Ban on guns with serial numbers removed is unconstitutional -U.S. judge | Reuters

Quote:
Price argued that the law is unconstitutional in light of the Supreme Court's June 24 ruling in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc v. Bruen. That ruling held that under the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, the government cannot restrict the right to possess firearms unless the restriction is consistent with historical tradition.

Bruen said serial numbers were not required when the Second Amendment was adopted in 1791, and were not widely used until 1968, putting them outside that tradition.

So based on this ruling we should be able to ban assault rifles and just about any firearm that isn't a musket since they didn't exist in 1791 and therefore are not protected by the 2nd amendment.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 08:32 PM   #6647
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
"Because Warnock loves open borders, high inflation and wants your son to wear a dress."

Besides pulling a fake badge out on Warnock tonight during the debate (and getting scolded by the moderator for it), it was clear Walker's team absolutely pounded into his head; inflation, energy independence, and Joe Biden.

It was painful to watch Walker try to explain anything.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 08:54 PM   #6648
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
So based on this ruling we should be able to ban assault rifles and just about any firearm that isn't a musket since they didn't exist in 1791 and therefore are not protected by the 2nd amendment.

I like the cut of your jib.
Old 10-14-2022, 11:11 PM   #6649
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
I've asked my wife (autism teacher) why it seems there is a greater number of autistic kids now (e.g. her school district had to expanded autism services due to volume). She said it may just be that we are now just more aware/diagnose autism better.

That's exactly what it is. Autism has existed since before the Stone Age.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 10:35 AM   #6650
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
There's a cottage industry for these made-up stories that boomers eat up. We're already starting in on the "your kid's Halloween candy is going to be laced in fentanyl" around here.

I think there's an online meme that sums this situation up best: "Drugs are expensive, we're not wasting them in your kids candy". But this stupid rumor has been around since I was a kid - only then it was LSD in candy.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote