Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-13-2024, 03:59 PM   #4551
RainMaker
General Manager

Prime was cool for Bosch but I'm not watching commercials.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 12:08 AM   #4552
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
My god, Unfrosted is a train full of orphans crashing into a boat full of puppies.

I didn’t hate it fwiw
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:01 PM   #4553
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Watched Exposed: Ghost Train Fire over the weekend while travelling. I really wish I had watched it before we went to Australia because I would have been interested in opinions from some of the locals we met (particularly one tour guide who seemed like an anti-government type and would certainly have had opinions). We saw Luna Park across the bay and it was briefly discussed on our tours as to what it was, but nothing about the history.

The background is that Luna Park is an amusement park opened in 1935 on some prime harbor front property adjacent to the Harbor Bridge and catty-corner to Sydney Opera House. In June 1979, the Ghost Train ride caught fire and 7 people died - 4 kids and a dad and 2 sons. The next day it was being widely reported that the cause was an electrical fault but the documentary presents pretty compelling evidence that several witnesses reported a group of young bikers on the ride just before it went up and 1 or 2 people overheard them talking about setting the fire and getting out of there. They gave statements in the middle of the night and the one main witness was brought back a few hours later, allegedly threatened if he didn't recant his story, and he signed a statement saying he made it all up - despite multiple corroborating witnesses.

The rest of the doc explored ties between the LEs in charge of the investigation at various levels, politicians, and a guy who is portrayed as the John Gotti of Sydney. He wanted the land for development. After the fire, it appears he got the lease bidding rigged in favor of a company set up by some of his relatives and associates from which he made some major bank. It also explored some of the investigations and reports that came out of various commissions about both the fire and bid process that appear to have outright falsified or covered up the extent of his involvement. There is also some evidence he ordered the fire to be set to put all of this into motion in order to get his hands on the land.

Pretty crazy story. The damage it did to the survivors (mentally) was pretty horrific. I believe they reopened an investigation into both the fire/deaths and any possible corruption but I can't find anything definite that's come from it. The doc is from 2021.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote