Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-17-2024, 07:43 AM   #51
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
He is definitely going to be charged with something. If that was you or me, that is resisting and probably assault on an officer.

I feel like there might’ve been a bit of baton usage if it were a commoner but I agree with your general assessment.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 07:51 AM   #52
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I feel like there might’ve been a bit of baton usage if it were a commoner but I agree with your general assessment.
Yet another difference that would not happen if it were you and me, Pat Forde says he has already been released on his own recognizance. Seriously? Not even bail on an assault charge?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 07:52 AM   #53
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The Venn diagram of people defending Scheffler and people calling Jan 6th a tourist trip is a perfect circle.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 08:03 AM   #54
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

All he had to do was get out of the car and talk to one of the cops and I'm sure they would have worked out a way in.
Old 05-17-2024, 08:04 AM   #55
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
All he had to do was get out of the car and talk to one of the cops and I'm sure they would have worked out a way in.

This was the conversation my wife and I had. Trying to go around the traffic wasn't the issue. Driving several feet with a cop on your hood telling you to stop is the issue.
Old 05-17-2024, 08:17 AM   #56
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Yet another difference that would not happen if it were you and me, Pat Forde says he has already been released on his own recognizance. Seriously? Not even bail on an assault charge?

Well it's not like they won't be able to track him down on the course...
Old 05-17-2024, 08:19 AM   #57
GrantDawg

"The Venn diagram of people defending Scheffler and people calling Jan 6th a tourist trip is a perfect circle."
Worse. I think it is a circle with people who think Derek Chauvin was innocent.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2024, 08:22 AM   #58
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Yeah the cars are supposed to be marked so police know its okay to waive them through, like several already at the course. ignoring the cop who's now riding on your hood was obviously not the right way to deal with this.

Condolescences to the spectator and family who lost their life today.

Last edited by Thomkal : 05-17-2024 at 08:24 AM.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 08:24 AM   #59
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
"The Venn diagram of people defending Scheffler and people calling Jan 6th a tourist trip is a perfect circle."
Worse. I think it is a circle with people who think Derek Chauvin was innocent.

Yes saw a few 'louisville will never get another golf tournament after this"
Old 05-17-2024, 08:39 AM   #60
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

That pic reminds me of every current country singer I've ever seen.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 12:01 PM   #61
GrantDawg

Old 05-17-2024, 12:21 PM   #62
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This cop is about to go through some things...
Old 05-17-2024, 01:12 PM   #63
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

They charged him with a felony too! That has to be the quickest I've seen someone get out of jail with a felony assault charge on a cop.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 01:23 PM   #64
bob
College Starter

I guess like everything, the internet seems very split on who is in the wrong here. Honestly I have no idea.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 02:14 PM   #65
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

Am I the only one who was surprised that he would be driving himself to the course?

Am I the only one who thought there would be a separate entrance for the golfers? Or maybe there is one and that is what he was trying to get to?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 05-17-2024, 02:32 PM   #66
Ksyrup

No, on a Teams meeting this morning, we discussed the "why the hell was he driving himself?" question. We're based in Louisville, so this was a big topic today, as you might imagine.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-17-2024, 03:04 PM   #67
molson
General Manager

I wonder when the last time was that I had never heard of the "#1 Golfer".
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 03:23 PM   #68
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
I guess like everything, the internet seems very split on who is in the wrong here. Honestly I have no idea.

And I think the manual of uniformed internet opinions is unclear on who you're supposed to automatically support between a police officer and a rich white guy.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 04:34 PM   #69
miami_fan
Coordinator

Fortunately, I have spent most of the day in spaces that discussed this in mostly humorous tones. The jokes/memes about what the other choices were in the race dropbox beside the White/Eur/N Afr/Mid Eas choice and the combination of Matt Gaetz and MTG standing with AOC to introduce a police reform bill have been among my favorites
Old 05-17-2024, 05:06 PM   #70
Ksyrup

Funny to see that people showed up already wearing a t-shirt with a print of his mugshot, and I also saw someone dressed in an orange jumpsuit.
Old 05-23-2024, 01:30 PM   #71
miami_fan
Coordinator

Louisville police release Scottie Scheffler arrest videos, say officer violated policy - The Athletic

Quote:
Videos of the incident released Thursday, however, did not show an officer being knocked to the ground. One of the videos captured on a fixed pole camera on the street showed an officer approaching a moving car, presumably driven by Scheffler. The car then stopped as the officer approached the window, where multiple officers gathered before Scheffler was arrested. It is unclear whether Gillis was knocked down before the car becomes visible in the video.

There has to be another camera angle. There is no way the officer lied in that police report. NO WAY!
Old 05-23-2024, 01:42 PM   #72
GrantDawg

Jeff Darlington said he saw the officer on the car and Scheffler driving another ten yards with him attached. So either Darlington was lying, or the video gas described isn't the whole incident.
x.com

Last edited by GrantDawg : 05-23-2024 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-23-2024, 01:50 PM   #73
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Jeff Darlington said he saw the officer on the car and Scheffler driving another ten yards with him attached. So either Darlington was lying, or the video gas described isn't the whole incident.
x.com

He probably misinterpreted what he saw. Another example of the unreliable nature of eyewitness accounts. Here's a longer video.

Watch BREAKING_ @LMPD releases the only official video w | Streamable
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 01:57 PM   #74
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
He probably misinterpreted what he saw. Another example of the unreliable nature of eyewitness accounts. Here's a longer video.

Watch BREAKING_ @LMPD releases the only official video w | Streamable
You can see there is a blind spot there, right? Some interaction happened between when he his pulled beside the police car and the officer came running at him.
Old 05-23-2024, 02:27 PM   #75
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
You can see there is a blind spot there, right? Some interaction happened between when he his pulled beside the police car and the officer came running at him.

No? I see the cop running up after the car makes the turn and you can see his head over the bus running towards the car. The dragging would have had to taken place before the video started.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 11:47 PM   #76
RainMaker
General Manager

Have the shown the officers pants that were supposedly ripped to shreds? I have to believe this is dropped and Scheffler sues. There's nothing on that video remotely warranting a felony arrest.
Old 05-25-2024, 02:44 PM   #77
GrantDawg

Grgason Murray died this morning at the age of 30. No reports on cause of death. He withdrew yesterday after shooting a 2 under in the first round, he was 5 over on the second when he pulled himself on the 16. It was a reported illness. Usually though when there is no immediate cause of death you start to wonder, especially with someone that has admitted mental health issues in the past.
Old 05-25-2024, 03:58 PM   #78
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Grgason Murray died this morning at the age of 30. No reports on cause of death. He withdrew yesterday after shooting a 2 under in the first round, he was 5 over on the second when he pulled himself on the 16. It was a reported illness. Usually though when there is no immediate cause of death you start to wonder, especially with someone that has admitted mental health issues in the past.

How horrible, curious to hear more from the doctors if it was something like an aneurism or if he killed himself.
Old 05-25-2024, 06:23 PM   #79
GrantDawg

Still no official confirmation, but just from the reaction from people on the tour, it sounds like suicide.

Old 05-26-2024, 11:04 AM   #80
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just ...

Family reveals PGA Tour golfer Grayson Murray died by suicide - ESPN
Old 05-26-2024, 12:07 PM   #81
Thomkal
Head Coach

how sad.
Old 05-26-2024, 01:45 PM   #82
GrantDawg

Just a firm example how terrible and pernicious a disease depression is. This is a guy that from every appearance that had everything to live for, but the demons in his mind kept telling him the opposite. It also highlights how much we still don't know in how to treat this disease. If anyone had every resource at his fingertips to get the help he needed, it was him. Yet still, there wasn't a magic pill or therapy that prevented this. Even with every advantage, the disease can still win.
Old 05-29-2024, 01:11 PM   #83
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Have the shown the officers pants that were supposedly ripped to shreds? I have to believe this is dropped and Scheffler sues. There's nothing on that video remotely warranting a felony arrest.

The first part is done.

Charges dropped against Scottie Scheffler from Louisville arrest - ESPN

Quote:
Jefferson County Attorney Mike O'Connell asked for the charges to be dismissed with prejudice -- meaning they can't be filed again in the future -- during a court hearing Wednesday.

I know they defined the legal definition but with prejudice using the more widely used definition of the word prejudice is much funnier in this case. Sorry, I am still here for the jokes, not the thinkpieces. One day though...

I suspect that Scheffler will not sue. He seemed to have a good time with the jail fantasy camp experience he went through. No need to mess up the good PR by trying to take money from the police department.
Old 05-29-2024, 01:34 PM   #84
PilotMan
Head Coach

Given the cops in Louisville got off in the Breonna Taylor case, I have to believe in this case......

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 01:37 PM   #85
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I suspect that Scheffler will not sue. He seemed to have a good time with the jail fantasy camp experience he went through. No need to mess up the good PR by trying to take money from the police department.

Probably not. Maybe a small settlement to cover expenses and the inconvenience. Have to imagine the city doesn't want more information about the cops lies to come out.
Old 05-29-2024, 01:43 PM   #86
RainMaker
General Manager

Actually it seems that part of them dropping the charges was that he wouldn't pursue other legal avenues. Maybe that's what he wanted but that feels like something that should be illegal.