Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-19-2024, 12:40 PM   #401
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The fog in the videos of the search is crazy thick. They are looking on foot because they can't see anything from the air.
Which begs to question why did they that helicopter take off in the first place, but then maybe they miss judged the weather developing as it did.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 04:57 PM   #402
cuervo72
Head Coach

Eh, if he's not found the Guardian Council will just pick another figurehead.
Old 05-19-2024, 08:50 PM   #403
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Eh, if he's not found the Guardian Council will just pick another figurehead.
The big deal there is this guy wasn't just a figure head. He was largely expected to take over for the Supreme Leader once he retires/dies.

The searchers finally got to where the helicopter supposedly crashed and can't find any sign of it.
Old 05-20-2024, 05:58 AM   #404
GrantDawg

They did find the crash site and pronounced them all dead at the scene. Of course, they blame the United States since the embargo doesn't allow them to get parts for their helicopters to keep them in good service.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2024, 07:55 AM   #405
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

That's a shame.
Old 05-20-2024, 09:48 PM   #406
RainMaker
General Manager

The civil trial against the Saudis is bringing to light some stuff that has long been suspected.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...awsuit/678430/
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 05:38 PM   #407
miami_fan
Coordinator

UK general election: PM Rishi Sunak calls surprise July vote as his party seeks to defy dire polls | CNN

I am envious of the 43 day election cycle.

Here is a link to the local election results that were held earlier this month.

Local elections 2024 results in maps and charts

Quote:
Labour won 1,158 seats in the 107 council elections across England, an increase of 186 councillors. The party won control of 51 councils, a net gain of eight.

The Liberal Democrats increased their number of councillors by 104 to 522 and their number of councils by two to 12.

The Conservatives were always likely to lose councillors at this election, as the last time these seats were contested was in 2021 when the party was doing well in the polls in the context of a successful Covid vaccine roll out.

They ended up with 515 councillors this time round, a fall of 474 on 2021. And they lost ten councils, holding on to just six.

Question for the Brits on the board. Is it required that the PM stand outside of 10 Downing St. in in a downpour to announce the election instead of inside a building somewhere? Those pictures seem like a weird gift to provide his opponents at the start of a campaign.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 09:42 PM   #408
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Not to mention pretty much being drowned (ha!) out by someone playing a Labour song loudly.
Old 05-24-2024, 06:29 AM   #409
Super Ugly
High School JV

Rishi Sunak is a dork and can't wait to lose the election, so announcing the election in the rain felt faintly metaphorical. He wants to escape to California to enjoy his wealth and presumably embark on his next career as a tech bro. The Conservatives purged any half-decent MP from the party years ago, and have been uninterested in governing for some time. My local MP closed her constituency office months ago - just upped and left.

The prospect of Starmer as PM doesn't exactly inspire me, and under his leadership Labour appear to have tacked to the right more than I'm comfortable with. But he has some serious people around him and after 14 years of political dysfunction I'm hoping that things in Britain will feel slightly less broken.
Super Ugly is offline   Reply With Quote