Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-03-2024, 12:16 PM   #951
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Assuming these are legit leaks and not fabrications. They may be, but again, to what I said about the media wanting this to snowball...

(Red side, too. I'm sure they are loving all this.)

Honestly, this feels like an opportunity for the rest of us who are more blue but hate Biden to get him out and reset things moving forward. We need a better leader. So it's more than just media, or Rs, there's a lot more of us who want to push on the button that makes him go than just that.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 12:28 PM   #952
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Right-wing media will gladly cover and obscure any of Trump's gaffes, while they and the rest of the media will gleefully report Biden's gaffes. It's not a level playing field, but you can't put that toothpase back in the tube, in 5 months time, either.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 12:30 PM   #953
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yeah, but can everybody agree on one w/o alienating others within the party?

The pundit class need to get a grip

I mean, this (PilotMan's line) perfectly illustrates Atocep's line "Dems are looking for reasons to not vote for their candidates."

Last edited by cuervo72 : 07-03-2024 at 12:44 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 12:42 PM   #954
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I'm not going to argue that Biden is the best candidate but the GOP finds things to attack Dem candidates with and make dem voters question their candidate and they fall for it every time.

Meanwhile the GOP is voting for their guy no matter what. They don't care. They see us as in a cold war currently and it's winner take all.

This is why dems are the majority in this country and losing every fight. Dems are looking for reasons to not vote for their candidates and the GOP just wants to win.

The difference is that the GOP gives their voters a candidate that they like and want to vote for. The Dems pick a candidate that the leaders of the party want and demand unconditional support.

People knock Trump supporters as cultists but he changes his stance based on what his voters want. He did a 180 on the vaccine that his administration helped spearhead. Swapped his position on banning TikTok. His events are kind of a way to test out what the audience likes and doesn't like. He has no real ideology besides making a subset of people happy.

Meanwhile Democrats lied about Biden's condition for years and then at the last minute want to blackmail their supporters into voting for him. His policies have been fueled by donors and he's done some incredibly unpopular things to appease them. When people were shocked at how poor he looked mentally at the debate, they called their base bedwetters and blamed a cold (now I guess he says it's excess travel).

I think the best description I've seen is Republican politicians are scared of upsetting their base. Democrats don't care. And part of that is because Democratic leadership is perfectly happy with Republicans in power.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 12:45 PM   #955
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I mean, this perfectly illustrates Atocep's line "Dems are looking for reasons to not vote for their candidates."

No one is looking for a reason. The reason is clear. He's unpopular and has dementia.
Old 07-03-2024, 12:58 PM   #956
cuervo72
Head Coach

I forget, have you told everyone who this mystic hero is that everyone wants to vote for?
Old 07-03-2024, 01:02 PM   #957
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The difference is that the GOP gives their voters a candidate that they like and want to vote for. The Dems pick a candidate that the leaders of the party want and demand unconditional support.

People knock Trump supporters as cultists but he changes his stance based on what his voters want. He did a 180 on the vaccine that his administration helped spearhead. Swapped his position on banning TikTok. His events are kind of a way to test out what the audience likes and doesn't like. He has no real ideology besides making a subset of people happy.

Meanwhile Democrats lied about Biden's condition for years and then at the last minute want to blackmail their supporters into voting for him. His policies have been fueled by donors and he's done some incredibly unpopular things to appease them. When people were shocked at how poor he looked mentally at the debate, they called their base bedwetters and blamed a cold (now I guess he says it's excess travel).

I think the best description I've seen is Republican politicians are scared of upsetting their base. Democrats don't care. And part of that is because Democratic leadership is perfectly happy with Republicans in power.

McCain wasn't who they wanted and they went with him. Romney definitely wasn't someone they wanted but he had a close election with Obama. Trump wasn't even the guy they wanted until he got the nomination. Regardless of candidate the party gets behind their nominee.

Establishment dems and progressives can't get behind the same candidate and each blames the other for their problems and lack of candidate support. It has little to do with selecting better candidates because a significant part of the party will never be happy with who's picked and if dems aren't happy with a candidate they won't show up to vote.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 01:02 PM   #958
timmynausea
College Starter

The offshore books now have the odds of Biden withdrawing from the election before the end of July at 75%.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 01:03 PM   #959
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I forget, have you told everyone who this mystic hero is that everyone wants to vote for?

Someone without dementia is a good start.
Old 07-03-2024, 01:04 PM   #960
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Someone without dementia is a good start.

That's not answering the question. Name, please.
Old 07-03-2024, 01:05 PM   #961
cuervo72
Head Coach

Also, I missed when you became Dr. RainMaker.
Old 07-03-2024, 01:09 PM   #962
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I still think Taylor Swift could jump in and become president if she wanted to.
She has my vote.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 01:13 PM   #963
GrantDawg

See, everything is fine now. Nothing to worry about.
Old 07-03-2024, 01:21 PM   #964
RainMaker
General Manager

For replacements, here are Dem polling numbers in battleground states against Trump. Biggest surprise to me is how popular Mayor Pete seems to be.

And this one which adjusts for name recognition which is important as the replacement will gain in recognition over time.

Old 07-03-2024, 01:24 PM   #965
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

This feels like it's the Monday-Wednesday before Thanksgiving and your FB team is 4-7 and it's the perfect time to cut bait on your coach, take the long weekend plus the following week before your next game to reassess everything, get some new blood in there, and hope for a magical bounce to close out the season.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-03-2024 at 01:35 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 01:30 PM   #966
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
in a FEC filing, Trump lists Michael Flynn as his VP
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 01:37 PM   #967
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
And this one which adjusts for name recognition which is important as the replacement will gain in recognition over time.

I think you're implying that the first set of numbers will become like the 2nd set as the candidate gains recognition. I don't think I agree with that -- I think those charts say more about the people who do and don't recognize those names.

Last edited by Passacaglia : 07-03-2024 at 01:38 PM.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 01:41 PM   #968
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post

no fucking way. is he? To me, that's not a move that gains votes. He's a total fucking crackpot and another criminal to boot. Maybe that's exactly who the republicans are ready to go for this year. Flynn has totally lost his marbles.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 07-03-2024 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-03-2024, 01:47 PM   #969
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Here's a link:

https://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/for...20406/1793385/
Old 07-03-2024, 01:47 PM   #970
Danny
Head Coach

This election can obsolutely still be won with a new candiate. Time to make the move.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 01:48 PM   #971
cuervo72
Head Coach

I mean, if the guy on the top of the ticket has completely lost his marbles, I can't see the party exactly going "oh, well THIS is a bridge too far"...
Old 07-03-2024, 01:48 PM   #972
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
no fucking way. is he? To me, that's not a move that gains votes. He's a total fucking crackpot and another criminal to boot. Maybe that's exactly who the republicans are ready to go for this year. Flynn has totally lost his marbles.

Guess they're really going for it.
Old 07-03-2024, 01:49 PM   #973
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
This election can obsolutely still be won with a new candiate. Time to make the move.

True but Dem leadership and Biden don't really give a shit.
Old 07-03-2024, 01:50 PM   #974
cartman
Death Herald

now the campaign is denying it

'Fraud': Trump campaign denies federal filing naming Michael Flynn as VP running mate - Raw Story
Old 07-03-2024, 01:52 PM   #975
RainMaker
General Manager

I can't fathom he picks anyone who would take an ounce of attention away from him. I still think it'll be Burgum because he is as boring as it gets.
Old 07-03-2024, 02:04 PM   #976
timmynausea
College Starter

Slogan idea for Harris/Obama or Harris/Whitmer: "Two chicks at the same time."
Old 07-03-2024, 02:18 PM   #977
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny

Based on what?
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 02:22 PM   #978
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Based on what?

Even if you don't believe that the others who are polling better than Biden can win, it's pretty clear Biden stands no shot unless they can cure dementia in the next few weeks.
Old 07-03-2024, 02:28 PM   #979
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Based on what?

Common sense. Prior to this last debate Biden was given a shot in pollls. Just about any decent candidate with a few months of campaigning (especially in the age of internet and smart phones) will get more votes than Biden. There are a lot of dems like Rainmaker who cant stand Biden. Trump is beatable. A new candidate they may not love but theyll be more likely to turn out for. Not saying its guarenteed but i think theres a decent shot.
Old 07-03-2024, 02:53 PM   #980
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea View Post
Slogan idea for Harris/Obama or Harris/Whitmer: "Two chicks at the same time."
"Two girls, one White-house."
Old 07-03-2024, 02:56 PM   #981
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
It is the kind of name that is completely insane, but exactly the kind of pick I am expecting. He is not going with one of the more traditional names that have been floated.
Old 07-03-2024, 03:01 PM   #982
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I'm think it is time we seriously recognize that this country wants a fascist government. Americans are craving a dictator to come in and punish all the people that aren't like them that are "ruining the country." I don't think this is a trick of the media, or some blind cult. It is what the people are craving, and they are about to get it.
Old 07-03-2024, 03:30 PM   #983
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

A minority of Americans.

That's why we can't let it happen.
Old 07-03-2024, 03:33 PM   #984
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

dola

So let's say Biden steps down and Harris is the candidate. Doesn't that make the VP choice hard to accept for a lot of rising stars? You'll either lose and be tainted with that or you'll win and Harris will run again in 2028. Even if you win then, how much chance is there for the Dems to win four consecutive Presidential races? It isn't a slam dunk decision for an ambitious pol.
Old 07-03-2024, 03:38 PM   #985
Danny
Head Coach

Thats the depressing part. The politicians care more about themselves then representing America and saving the country from Trump.
Old 07-03-2024, 03:39 PM   #986
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea View Post
The offshore books now have the odds of Biden withdrawing from the election before the end of July at 75%.

Accounting for the juice, this is now at ~56% chance he withdraws.
Old 07-03-2024, 03:50 PM   #987
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
A minority of Americans.

Majority aren't paying attention, they just know eggs cost .50 more than 5 years ago.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 04:31 PM   #988
GrantDawg

Quote:
A minority of Americans.

You sure? WSJ poll has Trump up by 6 national. So does CNN. A Republican candidate can easily lose the popular vote by 4-6% and still win. If Democrat can't win the popular vote by more than 4, they are likely to lose. So, are people saying that Biden is so old just let the fascist take over? Or are they saying they are just fine with the fascist as long as the price of milk goes down? Either way, they are clearly saying they don't care if the fascist wins.
Old 07-03-2024, 04:32 PM   #989
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I find it interesting that the same exclusionary factors at work in other, non-political/cultural scenarios come into play with people who would otherwise be aligned.

For instance, when I was a law student, all law students were pissed at how badly we were treated during the bar admittance process and how ridiculously tedious and arbitrary the things were that kept people from getting cleared. Then, once we were cleared and passed the bar, all of a sudden we were like, "the bar admittance process is too easy. No one else should be admitted!"

I think we're seeing the same phenomenon with minorities. Seems like the thought is that minorities would stick together and it's basically white people who want to keep the "others" out of the country but part of what's fueling the GOP right now is minorities wanting to keep immigrants - even from their own background/country - out. We're here, but we don't need any more of us here. Shut it down.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-03-2024 at 06:36 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 04:33 PM   #990
GrantDawg

Quote:
dola

So let's say Biden steps down and Harris is the candidate. Doesn't that make the VP choice hard to accept for a lot of rising stars? You'll either lose and be tainted with that or you'll win and Harris will run again in 2028. Even if you win then, how much chance is there for the Dems to win four consecutive Presidential races? It isn't a slam dunk decision for an ambitious pol.
Pete Buttigieg would stab his own mother to be VP. He would accept without hesitation.
Old 07-03-2024, 04:38 PM   #991
GrantDawg

He owns the evangelicals now, and he will always be the reason Roe is gone. So now, play a little to the independents....
Old 07-03-2024, 04:47 PM   #992
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I'm think it is time we seriously recognize that this country wants a fascist government. Americans are craving a dictator to come in and punish all the people that aren't like them that are "ruining the country." I don't think this is a trick of the media, or some blind cult. It is what the people are craving, and they are about to get it.

There is definitely a segment that craves authoritarianism. But I think shifts toward fascist governments are more a sign of a failure of government to make the lives better of the people living in the country. Hitler didn't just come out of nowhere, he used the conditions of the public to promote his ideology and people were desperate for any kind of answer.

For decades, Republicans solution to problems with a failing middle class has been tax cuts and handouts to the rich. It obviously doesn't work. Democrats solution to the problems is to just say there is nothing they can do. Again, doesn't make anyone's life better.

So now you've got two parties that have completely abandoned the poor and middle class of the country for decades. Most of this is by design as they're controlled by corporate interests. People are desperate for any kind of solution to make their life better and Trump is offering them a solution. It's not a real solution to the problem, but it's offering something.

I guess what I'm saying is that I think a rise in fascism or authoritarianism has more to do with the failures of government and less to do with a population who just wants their own Mussolini.
Old 07-03-2024, 05:04 PM   #993
Saul Goode
n00b

Quote:
There is definitely a segment that craves authoritarianism. But I think shifts toward fascist governments are more a sign of a failure of government to make the lives better of the people living in the country. Hitler didn't just come out of nowhere, he used the conditions of the public to promote his ideology and people were desperate for any kind of answer.

For decades, Republicans solution to problems with a failing middle class has been tax cuts and handouts to the rich. It obviously doesn't work. Democrats solution to the problems is to just say there is nothing they can do. Again, doesn't make anyone's life better.

So now you've got two parties that have completely abandoned the poor and middle class of the country for decades. Most of this is by design as they're controlled by corporate interests. People are desperate for any kind of solution to make their life better and Trump is offering them a solution. It's not a real solution to the problem, but it's offering something.

I guess what I'm saying is that I think a rise in fascism or authoritarianism has more to do with the failures of government and less to do with a population who just wants their own Mussolini.

Come on, really? A whole lot of drivel in there.

First off, post ww1 Germany experienced huge amounts of inflation causing frustration and poverty. Don't give me some logical fallacy comparing that to modern day America. If today's Americans are so desperate to vote for a narcissistic, pathological liar because gas rose by 40 cents a gallon.....

Democrats can't accomplish anything because of Mitch McConnell and the filibuster. It's an archaic and useless legislative technique that stops progress in America. This is perfect for a party that actively wants to go back in time. Regress, not progress.

You get what you vote for. The party than wants to enrich itself, while lying constantly about any and everything. The average American isn't smart enough to realize they are getting conned. They are voting for wolves and complain when they get bit. They like trump, because he is a racist. They are racist, and don't like they can't be openly racist anymore. It's why when you hear, I like trump, he tells it like it is....all that means is I wish I could be openly racist again. MAGA in a nutshell.

Insert LBJ quote about gaining power by fooling the racist. Btw, for some one that says they are for Biden, everything you post sounds like it's coming out of the mouth of a trumper.

Last edited by Saul Goode : 07-03-2024 at 05:18 PM.
Saul Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 05:11 PM   #994
Saul Goode
n00b

Quote:
You sure? WSJ poll has Trump up by 6 national. So does CNN. A Republican candidate can easily lose the popular vote by 4-6% and still win. If Democrat can't win the popular vote by more than 4, they are likely to lose. So, are people saying that Biden is so old just let the fascist take over? Or are they saying they are just fine with the fascist as long as the price of milk goes down? Either way, they are clearly saying they don't care if the fascist wins.

I'm not chastising you, but this whole posting a general opinion based on one poll has to stop. If any person is telling you how things are based on one poll, they are being disingenuous and trying to manipulate you. If you look at the aggregate of post-debate polling(538 article), Biden is only down 1 percentage point. In statistics, that is called noise. All this bs based on one poll by Bob Bannon polling,lol. All bullshit.
Saul Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 05:20 PM   #995
GrantDawg

I actually quoted two (CNN and WSJ), but they are far from the only two. Biden up by 1 in aggtate means he could be down by 3 at least by polling error. And that aggregate includes polls well before the debate. CNN and WSJ are post debate, and from all reports, the Dems' internal polls are saying the exact same things.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2024, 05:21 PM   #996
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goode View Post
Democrats can't accomplish anything because of Mitch McConnell and the filibuster. It's an archaic and useless legislative technique that stops progress in America. This is perfect for a party that actively wants to go back in time. Regress, not progress.

Like I said, when your platform is "there is nothing we can do", don't be surprised when people cling to an extremist who is offering to help. Desperate people will look anywhere they can for help.
Old 07-03-2024, 05:22 PM   #997
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goode View Post
I'm not chastising you, but this whole posting a general opinion based on one poll has to stop. If any person is telling you how things are based on one poll, they are being disingenuous and trying to manipulate you. If you look at the aggregate of post-debate polling(538 article), Biden is only down 1 percentage point. In statistics, that is called noise. All this bs based on one poll by Bob Bannon polling,lol. All bullshit.

Now look at the polls in swing states that Biden has to win.
Old 07-03-2024, 07:08 PM   #998
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Even now Trump is polling under 50% and that's with 20-25% of adults not voting. Trump can win, but there hasn't been any indication that Trumpism has majority support. If we were actually a majority rules country there would be a much lower threat of white nationalism taking over.
Old 07-03-2024, 07:29 PM   #999
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Seems like the thought is that minorities would stick together and it's basically white people who want to keep the "others" out of the country but part of what's fueling the GOP right now is minorities wanting to keep immigrants - even from their own background/country - out. We're here, but we don't need any more of us here. Shut it down.

And a bit of class warfare as well. "We're struggling to make ends meet, we don't need someone else coming in and taking what we can barely (do, afford, make) etc.

Quote:
Pete Buttigieg would stab his own mother to be VP. He would accept without hesitation.

As well he should.

Really, the man we want in the White House is John Stewart. We need to laugh more. He could do it better than Biden, and he competes with trump's need to entertain.

Like Steam?

Old 07-03-2024, 07:29 PM   #1000
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

They may as well name this country Stormy Daniels since we're having Trump shoved down our throat.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote