Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-16-2024, 07:53 PM   #7851
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I just watched Jaws with some friends and yeah it is still a classic.
Old 07-21-2024, 10:14 AM   #7852
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Twisters: 8/10

I don't go to the theater very often, but nostalgia got the better of me and made me want to see this in the theater like I did the Twister back in 1996. It was worth it. The first movie was a bit of a special effects marvel at the time, though you can watch it now and it screams early CGI. This movie made the tornados look just like what you see from real storm chasers. The knock would be just like in the first movie some of the physics of what is done in the movie is pretty questionable. But, just like in the first movie, the movie conveys the power and destruction of natural monsters.

Story was good, if many of the twists (and twisters) you can see coming. Just a fun popcorn movie that isn't too deep, not preachy at all, and gives you some real thrills.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2024, 10:40 AM   #7853
PilotMan
Head Coach

Thriller 40 - 9/10

Talk about bringing back some incredible memories. A documentary on Showtime about the making of the Thiller album. It discusses everything that went into it, the creative efforts to make the songs themselves, the aftermath and then the absolute explosion when the Thriller mini-movie came out. You really get to se just how shy Michael was as well as his incredible drive. It's really an iconic telling of a music icon. Just watched it for the 2nd time. Goodbumps at times.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2024, 01:51 PM   #7854
Swaggs
Coordinator

Twisters - 9.5/10

It has been way too long since I’ve seen a good, big budget film in a theater and really enjoyed it. I also appreciated them not making it into a love story (even though the setup was there). Effects were good. Lots of tension.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2024, 01:53 PM   #7855
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Twisters - 9.5/10

It has been way too long since I’ve seen a good, big budget film in a theater and really enjoyed it. I also appreciated them not making it into a love story (even though the setup was there). Effects were good. Lots of tension.
I saw they actually cut the big kiss scene at the end. I agree it was a good call.
Old 07-26-2024, 02:05 PM   #7856
Swaggs
Coordinator

Deadpool & Wolverine - 9/10

Fun and very justifiably R-rated super hero film. They did a great job of keeping cameos quiet and there were a lot of fun ones. You can tell that Reynolds loves the character and universe. All the fights you could ask for and tons of nostalgia. The mid-credits scene was a nice love letter to all the non-MCU properties and the end credits scene is hilarious. I’ll nick it a point because I’m sick of the multiverse stuff and I felt the first 20% or so was a little slow for me.

Last edited by Swaggs : 07-26-2024 at 02:05 PM.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2024, 02:53 PM   #7857
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Deadpool & Wolverine - 9/10

Fun and very justifiably R-rated super hero film. They did a great job of keeping cameos quiet and there were a lot of fun ones. You can tell that Reynolds loves the character and universe. All the fights you could ask for and tons of nostalgia. The mid-credits scene was a nice love letter to all the non-MCU properties and the end credits scene is hilarious. I’ll nick it a point because I’m sick of the multiverse stuff and I felt the first 20% or so was a little slow for me.

There wasn't much of a plot to this but it was still a blast to watch. Agree with everything you said.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2024, 03:10 PM   #7858
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Best movie in a long time for me, good plot or not, just was plain entertaining from start to end. Was nice to go to the movies and have fun, putting all real world crap to the side.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2024, 03:30 PM   #7859
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Twisters 9/10 - Perfect summer movie. Definitely a movie that is more fun at a theater than at home.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2024, 05:09 PM   #7860
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Spy Game

They need to remake this Redford/Pitt movie, with like Pitt and Glenn Powell.

It's a very good movie, but Tony Scott's directing makes it feel very of it's time. It just feels a bit too late 90s/early 00s.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2024, 04:21 PM   #7861
GrantDawg

This was the Drive-In we used to go to when I was a kid. Saw Star Wars there in 1977, and it blew my mind. It always had double features, and I remember so many times watching that first movie then crashing in the back seat full of blankets and pillows with my little sister through the second movie. Saw such classics as "Walking Tall" "Harper Valley PTA" "Ode To Billy Joe" "Love Story". It is not in an area that I would want to be in that late at night anymore. I wish there were more Drive In's like this around.

Old 08-27-2024, 04:37 PM   #7862
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Twisters 9/10 - Perfect summer movie. Definitely a movie that is more fun at a theater than at home.

Not if you have a home theatre that hits harder than most movie theatres
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2024, 01:26 PM   #7863
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Alien:Romulus. 7.5/10

Thought there were a bunch of interesting sequences and using a reconstituted Ian Holm was a cool idea. Ultimately maybe they needed a better lead or a more recognizable face in the cast
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:34 PM   #7864
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

beetlejuice beetlejuice 8/10

3 out of 4 of my company of nerds enjoyed it. I thought for better or worse it relied heavily on nostalgia. It did have some lazy writing.