Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-31-2024, 05:31 PM   #2501
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Plastic surgery enthusiast and host's paid counsel has things to say about authenticism.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 06:06 PM   #2502
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

How fucking weak to have to be as a man, to react like he did to that question, and not just tightening her water, his rant after, when insulting others, making outrageous claims and saying whatever you like, about whoever you like as part of your daily schtick. I swear I don't know that I have ever seen anyone softer than this buffoon.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 07-31-2024 at 06:07 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 06:13 PM   #2503
larrymcg421
Head Coach

At this point, maybe Kamala should pick Warnock for VP to see full on GOP meltdown.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 06:28 PM   #2504
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
At this point, maybe Kamala should pick Warnock for VP to see full on GOP meltdown.

She obviously needs a black person on the ticket.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 06:39 PM   #2505
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

so why does trump keep choosing vps that won't help him at all in electoral votes?
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 06:39 PM   #2506
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
She obviously needs a black person on the ticket.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 06:40 PM   #2507
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
so why does trump keep choosing vps that won't help him at all in electoral votes?

He's an insane narcissist who can't stand anyone getting attention or credit over him.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 07:02 PM   #2508
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

VPs are overrated in terms of electoral votes.
Old 07-31-2024, 07:08 PM   #2509
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Pence was really helpful in reassuring the evangelicals. We forget that in 2016, the religious right wasn't in the tank for Trump.
Old 07-31-2024, 07:22 PM   #2510
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Pence was really helpful in reassuring the evangelicals. We forget that in 2016, the religious right wasn't in the tank for Trump.

Its amazing he went from that to messiah
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 07:37 PM   #2511
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I'm in FL this week and every GOP primary commercial is just the candidate saying they are the most Trump-like.
Old 07-31-2024, 08:14 PM   #2512
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept. What is a rational mindset against this mindset?

Fetuses have feelings and corporations are people.

Oh, you said rational. Sorry, can't help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Its amazing he went from that to messiah

Three hard-right Supreme Court Justices will do that for you.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 08:31 PM   #2513
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Well, we've come full circle now. They've pulled Harris's birth certificate to "prove" she's not black.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 09:45 PM   #2514
Atocep
Coordinator

Fox News called her "Obama in a skirt" today. I'm not sure Kamala has to do anything because the right is just making her ads for her.
Old 07-31-2024, 09:56 PM   #2515
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Harris went to Howard, an HBCU, and pledged their biggest sorority, straight Spike Lee School Daze shit, but the GOP thinks having a bunch of shrill white folks question her race card is a winning strategy? Baffling stuff.
Old 08-01-2024, 06:54 AM   #2516
Ksyrup

I have two guesses as to why this is happening. One, they are so far up Trump's ass that they automatically defend and double-down on everything he says and does. And two, this feels like trying to recreate the Elizabeth Warren controversy, but that was a controversy of her own making, as a white woman trying to prove she was a minority. This isn't even in the same stratosphere.

If the argument is you can only be one or the other (black or Indian), or that being half-Jamaican means you aren't really black, then by all means, triple-down on that shit.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-01-2024, 07:08 AM   #2517
Ksyrup

Meanwhile, Vance wrote an endorsement for a book that just came out written by Jack Posobiec that calls for the execution and torture of "unhuman" political opponents of the GOP. His endorsement is on the book.

So, like, can this get as much coverage as "childless cat ladies," please?
Old 08-01-2024, 07:09 AM   #2518
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I have two guesses as to why this is happening. One, they are so far up Trump's ass that they automatically defend and double-down on everything he says and does. And two, this feels like trying to recreate the Elizabeth Warren controversy, but that was a controversy of her own making, as a white woman trying to prove she was a minority. This isn't even in the same stratosphere.

If the argument is you can only be one or the other (black or Indian), or that being half-Jamaican means you aren't really black, then by all means, triple-down on that shit.

It really is the dumbest thing. I have seen in the wild more than once "Jamaican isn't black." "Jamaicans aren't Africans." No they aren't Africans, but they are descendant from Africans that were brought to the Islands by the slave trade. Why do they think it wise to highlight slavery? Again, how does this help them in any way?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 07:14 AM   #2519
GrantDawg

This made me laugh too hard...
Old 08-01-2024, 07:27 AM   #2520
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:

They understand this is a different kind of "Indian", right? (Right??)
Old 08-01-2024, 07:38 AM   #2521
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

He’s going back to the 2016 playbook. It’s birtherism 2.0. It worked in 2016 and he thinks it will work again. It’s all he knows. He’s too stupid to pivot and he feels cornered. He sees this thing slipping away.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 07:39 AM   #2522
GrantDawg

Quote:

According to comments on Twitter, no. They definitely do not.
Old 08-01-2024, 07:39 AM   #2523
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
He’s going back to the 2016 playbook. It’s birtherism 2.0. It worked in 2016 and he thinks it will work again. It’s all he knows. He’s too stupid to pivot and he feels cornered. He sees this thing slipping away.

Birtherism is 2016? Maybe you're thinking of 2008?

And it didn't work then.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 08-01-2024 at 07:47 AM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 07:46 AM   #2524
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
It really is the dumbest thing. I have seen in the wild more than once "Jamaican isn't black." "Jamaicans aren't Africans." No they aren't Africans, but they are descendant from Africans that were brought to the Islands by the slave trade. Why do they think it wise to highlight slavery? Again, how does this help them in any way?

When you're in an echo chamber, you begin to believe that extreme beliefs/arguments are more mainstream than they actually are. Like, virtually high-fiving people all over the country for owning the libs makes it feel like whatever weird/extreme take you've posted about is more widely accepted than it is.

This isn't limited to the right-wing, of course - social media and TV is set up to insulate all of us from other viewpoints (except on Twitter, where Musk has decided to force you to see a certain viewpoint unless you take steps to block it), so we're all in some form of an echo chamber. But it feels like on the right-wing side, it's more about specific issues (race, Aplaha Male/traditional female roles, etc.) and on the left-wing, more a general feeling (like either a group doom spiral if something bad happens or an overly ecstatic reaction when things are going well, both of which help to catch them off-guard when something different actually happens).
Old 08-01-2024, 07:48 AM   #2525
Ksyrup

Quote:

JD Vance needs to be asked at every possible moment about this issue given he's married to an Indian and has mixed kids.
Old 08-01-2024, 08:11 AM   #2526
Swaggs
Coordinator

Someone on Twitter suggested that he got immunity from the Supreme Court and raised more than enough money to cover his legal bills, so he is tanking things now because being president is hard work and he doesn't love hard work.

I don't buy that, but it's not the craziest thing I've heard this week.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 08:13 AM   #2527
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Birtherism is 2016? Maybe you're thinking of 2008?

And it didn't work then.

Trump ran in 2008?
Old 08-01-2024, 08:23 AM   #2528
Ksyrup

Trump first started questioning Obama's citizenship (or the validity of his birth certificate) around 2011 or 2012, I think. It was well before he ever ran for office.
Old 08-01-2024, 08:26 AM   #2529
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Trump first started questioning Obama's citizenship (or the validity of his birth certificate) around 2011 or 2012, I think. It was well before he ever ran for office.

I get that but lets not act like racism and birtherism wasn't a big part of his 2016 campaign.
Old 08-01-2024, 08:28 AM   #2530
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Someone on Twitter suggested that he got immunity from the Supreme Court and raised more than enough money to cover his legal bills, so he is tanking things now because being president is hard work and he doesn't love hard work.

I don't buy that, but it's not the craziest thing I've heard this week.

That's too 4-D chess for him.

The simple explanation is the right one. Biden choosing to withdraw from consideration for the Democratic nomination and releasing his delegates threw the GOP for a loop, and they are still finding their feet.

Trump would never choose to lose to a woman.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 08:50 AM   #2531
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Trumps really painted himself into a corner with Vance. He’s already distancing himself from him but would never replace him because that would mean he admits he was wrong.
Old 08-01-2024, 09:34 AM   #2532
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Trumps really painted himself into a corner with Vance. He’s already distancing himself from him but would never replace him because that would mean he admits he was wrong.

Dear Leader cannot fail.
Dear Leader can only be failed.

In the back of his head, he's already laying the groundwork for blaming a potential loss on Vance. That *he* picked Vance will be easily ignored.

And, if he wins? Then *he* picked Vance, which was another brilliant move by the stable genius.
Old 08-01-2024, 10:02 AM   #2533
Swaggs
Coordinator

Yeah, there is no way that Trump will accept a loss period.

Can anyone picture him calling to concede or going to the inauguration? It is pretty wild that he has a hold on his party in this way.
Old 08-01-2024, 10:03 AM   #2534
Atocep
Coordinator

Trump's entire political identity is attacking his opponents. He's not particularly smart or clever so it's always low hanging fruit that he attacks. When your opponent is a black woman the low hanging fruit is that she's black and a woman.

I don't think it's any surprise that's he's struggling. What's interesting is the entire right wing has become such a reflection of Trump that they don't know how to respond either.
Old 08-01-2024, 11:06 AM   #2535
thesloppy
Pro Starter

With all the reporting about deniers getting put into election official positions, it seems like we could be headed towards a reverse 2000 Mules (we're through the looking glass people), where several MAGA voters and officials get caught on camera and paper committing significant election fraud, and then all the same people who saw conspiracy in every corner in 2020 will claim to see nothing, when presented with actual fraud.
Old 08-01-2024, 11:14 AM   #2536
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
With all the reporting about deniers getting put into election official positions, it seems like we could be headed towards a reverse 2000 Mules (we're through the looking glass people), where several MAGA voters and officials get caught on camera and paper committing significant election fraud, and then all the same people who saw conspiracy in every corner in 2020 will claim to see nothing, when presented with actual fraud.

This was my biggest fear coming out of 2020. Normalizing the thought for MAGA that dems are cheating so people on the ground feel the need to chest as well to even up the odds for Trump.

If you're going to lose may as well create as much chaos and confusion as possible and see of the courts rule your way.
Old 08-01-2024, 11:20 AM   #2537
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:

But the "birther" movement demonstrated to him how toxic and effective conspiracy theories can be to the power-hungry outsider. I suspect he had this bent in him anyway (and also that he himself is a sucker of stuff like that, he's 100% always been the guy that hears a few sculpted talking points about vaccines and autism and says "wow you're right") but seeing how much mileage the "i'm just asking questions" angle w Obama's lineage got on right-leaning political shows almost certainly gave him the fortitude to pursue am actual political career and to center it around bullshit.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 11:33 AM   #2538
Swaggs
Coordinator

It's kind of ironic that Harris will be the one certifying the election this time.

Seems certain that, if she manages to win, the GOP will certainly be crying about the fairness of her presiding over the process and like one of those things that Dems traditionally overthink and yield to, in the name of fairness and trying to stay above board, that inevitably risks or takes away their power.
Old 08-01-2024, 11:34 AM   #2539
GrantDawg

I believe this is a real strategy and no off the cuff accident. I think the pivot to play up race might not be what the more professional campaign workers want, but I fully believe guys like Stephen Miller and Rodger Stone have told him it is the way to go.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2024, 11:45 AM   #2540
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I believe this is a real strategy and no off the cuff accident. I think the pivot to play up race might not be what the more professional campaign workers want, but I fully believe guys like Stephen Miller and Rodger Stone have told him it is the way to go.

If that’s true and I was the two running his campaign I would quit. Once that Trump smell is on you it’s impossible to wash off.
Old 08-01-2024, 11:56 AM   #2541
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
That's too many words. We will just keep saying "leftist" or "Marxist" not knowing what those words mean, but they sound scary.

This might be relevant!

The MAGA Abuse of the English Language

Last edited by cuervo72 : 08-01-2024 at 11:57 AM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 12:50 PM   #2542
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Nice. Should have gone with a schooner/sailboat reference from Mallrats instead of the Border Collie/Dog split, though.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 01:14 PM   #2543
GrantDawg

Quote:

"(This is where we get a weird crossover episode of linguistic insanity, such that some MAGA people will claim that the “Democrat Marxists want to turn America into a democracy with their coup,” which is a statement that should make everyone’s head explode, Looney Tunes™ style)."

Just *chef's kiss*
Old 08-01-2024, 01:16 PM   #2544
Ksyrup

Quote:

I think it's as simple as, "any publicity is good publicity." 2-3 weeks of Harris and Vance getting a ton of press (Harris positive and Vance negative, washing off on Trump), and he needed something, anything to make himself the story again. Right or wrong, he really doesn't care if it's bad attention. You have to hope the American people make him pay for brazenly showing us who he is over and over, but it's worked for him before.
Old 08-01-2024, 01:21 PM   #2545
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Yeah, he's repugnant, etc. But he's also getting, dare I say, tired? Like a TV show that's gone on two seasons too long.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 08-01-2024 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-01-2024, 01:25 PM   #2546
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola:

Also, his boy Putin pretty much cutting his losses here and assuming he's going to lose.
Old 08-01-2024, 01:29 PM   #2547
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I think it's as simple as, "any publicity is good publicity." 2-3 weeks of Harris and Vance getting a ton of press (Harris positive and Vance negative, washing off on Trump), and he needed something, anything to make himself the story again. Right or wrong, he really doesn't care if it's bad attention. You have to hope the American people make him pay for brazenly showing us who he is over and over, but it's worked for him before.

He may still win but this is a good thing. It removed any doubt to swing voters thinking he may have changed after the assasination attempt and his very brief message of unity.

If he had rode that message to election day I think he more than likely wins.

Last edited by Danny : 08-01-2024 at 01:30 PM.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 02:04 PM   #2548
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

It may be a strategy to go into the race stuff but it could also just be an 80 year old racist who can't help himself. And a party of followers who can't help themselves either.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 02:09 PM   #2549
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It may be a strategy to go into the race stuff but it could also just be an 80 year old racist who can't help himself. And a party of followers who can't help themselves either.

It's both. Trump always likes to listen to the advisors that tell him what he wants to hear. When he doesn't, you can always tell. He going full bore into where he is comfortable and moving away from where the campaign wanted him.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 08-01-2024 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-01-2024, 02:13 PM   #2550
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I'm surprised Donald hasn't asked about Kamala's whereabouts on April 19, 1989
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote