Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-19-2024, 12:48 AM   #551
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I just saw one picture of Zion Williamson in shape and wasted $20 on an MVP future ticket at +10,000
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 05:54 AM   #552
miami_fan
Coordinator

A few of my critiques of Caitlin Clark from earlier in the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
She is going to have to find ways to get to and make shots at the basket. Eleven of fifteen shot attempts from behind the three point line is making it too easy for the opposition.

Quote:
It is early but the Fever would be better off having Kelsey Mitchell being the primary scorer at least early on. Caitlyn's forcing her own offense and is force feeding the ball to Aliyah Boston.

Quote:
It just might be be better for the team in general and Caitlyn specifically if there was more of a focus on Caitlyn the great passer and offensive creator than on Caitlyn the scorer at this point.

Quote:
Clark's shot chart from last night was a basketball nerd's wet dream. Four for six not just on twos, not just in the paint, but almost exclusively in the restricted area. Three for ten on shots not just from behind the three point line but almost exclusively from twenty five feet or more. I know that the logo threes are what people want to see but she is too good of a shooter all over the court to not mix in a few mid range shots here and there.

Getting to the basket more?......Check
Being more of a passer first? ...... Check
Shooting a few mid range jumpers?... Check

The Caitlin Clark that was the college player of the year last season has finally arrived in the W.

BTW she is still getting rocked once or twice a game just like every WNBA player. After being reacquainted with FIBA basketball for both the men and the women, I am now of the opinion that girls and women's basketball is called much more like the FIBA game for both the men and women while boys and men's basketball is called more like the NBA game.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2024, 10:32 PM   #553
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

ESPN has an article on the NBA asking the court to dismiss the TNT/Warner Brothers discovery, and lists all the changes that TNT/WBD made:

NBA files motion to dismiss Warner Bros. Discovery lawsuit - ESPN

I think the lawsuit will survive the motion to dismiss (it's VERY hard to get the judge to agree that no reasonable person could consider this a match), but it sounds like NBA's trying to play hardball here. (Realistically, this is all a waiting game, WBD/TNT want lots of money to go away, and the NBA doesn't want to give lots of money. Neither side actually wants to go to trial)
Old 08-25-2024, 05:23 PM   #554
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Apparently Damien Lillard was/is training with the Goggins. Safe to say he's not likely to have any conditioning issues next year.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 03:50 PM   #555
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

This is pretty amazing considering where they started at the begining of the season. It is also amazing how much I enjoy watching the WNBA, or specifically watching the Fever play.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 07:34 PM   #556
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
This is pretty amazing considering where they started at the begining of the season. It is also amazing how much I enjoy watching the WNBA, or specifically watching the Fever play.

My sister and I watch every one of their games that we can, it's been incredibly fun following the league, I definitely want to go to a game next year.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote