Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Yesterday, 09:53 AM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

FOF9 Dynasty with 2024 Player File - Carolina!!!

FOF9 Dynasty -

Hello happy folks! I hope your day is going super mega well! I didn’t realize there was a new version of FOF released until I was looking at the Facebook newsgroup, and since I live here in the Dynasty section, I was surprised that I didn’t see a bunch of new dynasties here for the new game to let me know. We have just a few. Did you know that we used to break the dynasty thread with new FOF dynasties every new release for around a year?

I didn’t want to buy after being let go from my job around 7 weeks ago. But I saw a new roster update today for 2024 and then also I’ve been trying to give my YouTube channel a daily video to increase the hours in the last year to get to 4k so I can monetize it too for the same reason, so I bought it to help out and then thought doing a proper dynasty would be great since that’s what used o happen all up and down the block.

Who do I want to be and under what rules? Normally I’d start out with my favorite team the Jags with a new release, but they have Trevor Lawrence, so that’s probably not the issue we would normally be. Remember my HOF career with Bortles? I do! Anyways, who else?

Here are my choices:

2024 player file
17 games, 32 teams
No X Factor or economics for attendance
Use default teams
Track and reveal scouted ratings history turned on
I Turn off coach stuff. I will make the depth charts, but this is a GM sim not a coach, so we’ll auto sim games and auto make game plans
Injury setting – 120, combine accuracy 100

Which team am I playing?

Last edited by Abe Sargent : Yesterday at 12:54 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I typically want the worst roster in the league. The teams that finished last year are Panthers 2-15, 4-13 Cards, Commanders and Pats. The Panthers traded the 1.1 spot to the Bears who grabbed the QB Caleb Williams. Commanders and Pats also went QB with Daniels and Maye. The Cards went WR Marvin Harrison Jr. The Panthers? Their QBs are Andy Dalton and Bryce Young, not a true #1.

I’m feeling the Panthers! Let’s grab them!

Do I want to Empty Cupboard and draft this? Not for my first take in a new game. Here’s my roster:

I am sorting by potential. These are the good ones. We have four in the 60s, 10 in the 50s.

Here’s our rookie class sorted by draft order:

Just one 60s and one 50s in the late draft in the 6th

Here is our first round 1.32 pick:

That’s not bad for that late of a draft pick. His only major weakness is that catching in traffic and securing the ball. Not a bad combo if he’s hit or afraid of tackling. He’s even a special teams ace.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM   #3
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Following...
Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The good of this roster. We do have a great mid 60s WR in Adam Thielen. I get why Legette was taken to work well with him. CB Horn is a great CB at high 60s and then SS Woods’ mid 50s potential is good. We also have a Strong LB Clowney with a high 50. DE Brows is a 63. That gives us one strong player at each D rank to lean on.

We are a 3-4. Our NT is nasty bad in the 20s.

Dalton isn’t as bad as I was hoping with a 50 score. That’s the tied for the 19th best with Dobbs, Daniel Jones and Stidham. With two strong WRs we might have a strong game there

RB Sanders at 57 feels solid. 18th best. RT Moton is a solid 59.

The bad of the roster? The rest of my O Line isn’t better at 49 max and as low as 29 for C. My starting is just 39. NT 11 current, 20 max, DE Ray 38/53. The rest of my LB corps outside of that 50 one spot is all 40s potential and two 30s current. For a 3-4?

Our DB that aren’t Horn and Woods are 40s. P Hekker is 30s, K Pinerio is 25/25. LS Jansen with LS of 42

Do I want to try and build a slightly better roster with my 37.4 cap space to my roster of 75?

Let’s focus on Special Teams.

I sign:

LS Triner – 78 snapping for 2 years at 2.3 mill
K Browder – UFA, stats of 53/74 – three seasons minsal for rookies
P Rob Gill – UFA, three years, stats of 54/59

I cut Jansen, Hekker and Pineiro

Staff:

HC - Dave Canales
, Wide Receivers, Great stuff in Player Development 100, green discipline and scouting and play calling, bad at youth, motivation, interviews and intelligence

OC – Brad Idzik
– 70 at youth, playcalling, motivation – 60 discipline, player dev, bad Int, Scout, interviews, Smashmouth style of Football

DC – Ejiro Evero
– 3-4 – good with 2ndary, 70s, Int, scouting, interviews; 50 mot, play call, bad dev youth, discipline

AC – Harold Goodwin – Good with O Line, 80 Dis and Play calling, 50 Youth lower everything else

Head Trainer – Kevin King – 80 STr training, 50 CON, 40 INT

Last edited by Abe Sargent : Yesterday at 12:53 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas in Cinti View Post
Following...

Welcome!!!

Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Before I sign more, any players I want to resign?

DE Brown – 26 years old, 63 skills – signs to 45 mill for 4 years. This costs us cap.

SS Woods – 8th year vet, 54 Fading a bit just wants 14 mill for two years to sign. His cap hit this year is 7.76 mill this would raise to 9.8. I extend him a year

Dalton is on one year, I could loan him a year and then if we do well cap him and if not draft his replacement.

Also, I forgot to mention we have a 54 pot WR too, so three solid ones

I need a good quality:

Starting TE
OC
OG
Three starting LBs

What FAs are free?

I sign:

ILB PJ Lenhart – 59/59, 2.95 mill for one years, 3rd year vet, I couldn’t sign him to a longer deal
OG Ike Richter – UFA, 33/69, three years minsal – didn’t sign agent told me tomorrow
OC Stanley Keiffer – UFA, 24/56, three years minsal
BAP CB M.J. Devonshire – UFA, 37/64 – three years, minsal
BAP OT TJ Rasheed – UFA, 18/61, three years minsal

The TE Market is dead

I cut:

ILB Rhattighan
C Raym
CB Hearn
OT Walton

We sold 68k season tix

Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Preseason:

I need to have another QB active. I am trying to figure out how to get it done. I handed minor roster updates to it to my staff and simmed the preseason and then I accidentally saved it, rather than loaded it.

Preseason:

Week 2 – At NE; we lost 17-24
Week 3 – Hosting NYJ – We lost 17-7
Week 4 – At Buffalo – We lost a close 19-21

Injuries:

Out – OG Zevala
Doubtful – DE Ray
Question – RB Blacksheer and RB Hubbard

Any final changes I wanna make with my cash?

Since I am a smashmouth I upgrade my FB to Tanner Mitchell, 2 years of experience, stats of 53/57, one year minsal I cut RB Blacksheer and pay him 250k in injury settlement since he’s 27.

Roster for 2024:

Is there a way to export the full roster? You can see we are still in bad need of a better OC, RG, TE, and our RB dropped 5 points, and on D two starting LBs are in the 30s current, and then we have a 49/49 NT but my DC isn’t swapping over named Tuttle. I’ll play my first game and see if they swap over.

Rookie lookie!

The good:

WR Legette – 47/63
CB Smith-Wade – 42/60
K Browder – 55/70
OG Richter – 34/65
CB Devonshire – 38/62
P Gill – 53/53

Good pots there. Two we drafted and inherited

The bad:

NT Smith – 10/19
TE Swinson – 21/33
OT Rasheed – 20/32
TE Sanders – 27/35
CB Bartholomew – 25/38
RB Brooks – 34/36

The rest are just okay in the 40s

Should I swap my 3rd QB? Nope, nothing there

Ready for our first year?

Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I typically fast sim the first few years in Empty Cupboard, but since I signed loads, and didn’t cut, we’ll slower move this.

I need to make cuts. I cut:

WR Cain
RB Boone
CB Bartholomew
SILB Cherelus
DE Robinson
CB Jackson
TE Tremble
DE Thurman

That gets me to 52

Week 1 – at New Orleans – We lose badly 9-21.

Chau Smith-Wade out

Week 2 – LA – We thump them 33-13. Stats - RB Sanders 1 Rush TD, Dalton 19 of 24 for 238 yards and 2:0 ratio. TE Thomas and WR Legate scores. Thielen was 5 for 101 yards. Horn and Fuller picks.

Doubtful – WR Johnson, WLB Johnson, OG Lewis

Week 3 – At LV – We lose bad 14-34. Stats – Dalton was a solid 27 of 42 for 317 yards and 2:0 ratio. Thielen and FB Mitchell with scores. Pick by Horn. 3 KRB by OG Hunt.

Week 4 – Cincinnati – We win solidly 13-42. Stats – Dalton, 1 Rush TD, 25 of 31 for 334 for and a nasty 4:0, wow! TE Thomas 6 for 103 and a score, scores by Legate and WR Moore and RB Hubbard. Two picks by SS Woods.

We are a weird 2-2 at the 1st quarter mark and Dalton is looking strong

Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 – At Chicago – We finish close 31-34. They just outscored us. Stats? Rb Sanders 18 for 90 for 1 TD, Dalton was 21 of 30 for 367 and 3:0 can’t blame him for this loss. WR Thielen all three scores and WR Moore is 4 for 156. OT Ekwonu was 5 KRB and a pancake.

Week 6 – Atlanta – We edge the winless Falcons 26-23, also close. Stats? Dalton was 32 of 43 and 444 yards and 1:1, Thielen snags 13 for 178 yards and WR Legate was 8 for 108 yards, and scores by TE Sanders. We had a massive SIX FGs.4 KRB each by OG Wilkerson and OT Matthews

We’ve won all home game sand lost all away ones. At the 6 game mark we have more wins that last years 2-15.

Week 7 – At Washington – We lose badly 16-31. Dalton 19 of 31, 215 and 2:1, he hit TE Sanders and Thielen for scores and the latter is 8 for 120. Picks by Horn and CB Devonshire.

Out WLB Barno.

Week 8 – At Denver – We tie 31-31. Stats Dalton 26 of 39 for 248 and 3:0. He hit Legate twice and TE Sanders for scores, and our rookie was 10 for 95. Our new signing ILB Lenhert had a pick six for 87 yards. FF by LB Johnson recovered by DT Onwuziruke. 5 KRB by Ekwonu.

Out TE Thomas,

We are 3-4-1 at the half

Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dalton has 2170 yards – 3rd most,
Thielen is 2nd with 825

Week 9 – New Orleans – We lose a close one 24-30. Stats – Dalton 23 of 31, 254 and 3:0. Legate 6 for 122 and 2 scores, the other score by TE Thomas. FF and rec Horn, also rec by Johnson and Onwuziruke.

Out for the year is OG Lewis, we IR him

Week 10 – New York Giants – We win 24-7. Stats – one rush score each by RBs Hubbard and Sanders. Dalton was 20 of 27 for 204 and 1:1. He hit Thielen for the score. CB Jackson a pick, we had 4 FF on the day 2 by Clowney and one each by LB Barno and DE Thurman, all recovered giving us 5 turnovers. They were recovered by Clowney, DE Williams, DT Tutle, and Barno.

Week 11 – BYE – not bad timing mid season

Week 12 – Kansas City – Can we beat the Super Bowl champs here and go to .500 on the season? Nope we lose 20-28. Stats? Sure thing they are Dalton 29 of 36 for 292 and 3:0. He hit for scores Thielen, and RB and TE Sanders each. Legate 7 for 106. 4 KRB by OG Smith

Week 13 – Tampa Bay – They are just 2-9 and we are hosting them. We lose a low scoring game 7-10. That may take our players out of awards contention without a higher scoring loss. Stats – Dalton 22 of 34 for 254 and 1:1. Not great, not bad. Theilen 8 for 122 yards and score by Legate. 1 fumrec by CB Devonshire. 3 KRB by OG Richter.

Week 14 – At Philadelphia – Can we put up our first win in a few weeks? Nope, but another one score loss at 29-34. Stats are Dalton 27 of 30 for 359 yard and 3:0 so he wasn’t the issue. Thielen 6 for 108 and a score. The other two by Legate. Picks by SS Fuller and CB Jackson.

At the 3rd quarter mark with four games left we are 4-8-1. If we win out we could have a .500 season. Leading the division are the 8-5 Saint and the 7-6 Falcons are in 2nd and currently a Wild Card

Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

At the game mark, Dalton is 3553 yards and 4th, and Thielen Is down to 7th with 1186 yard and needs to turn it on. Legate is 814 and just a good finishing quarter to have a 1k catching season is in his rookie season. This trio has played well thus far. Can they finish?

Week 15 – Dallas – Can we do this for the fans? We lose by another one score game, close, 27-35. Stats: Dalton, 1 rush TD, 28 for 39, for 303 and 2:0. He hit for scores TE Sanders and Thomas, and S Woods with a pick. 2 Sacks by DE Lawson, 3 KRB by OG Smith and OT Guyton.

Week 16 – Arizona – Can we do this instead? I’ll take it. We lose another close one 26-32. Stats are 1 rush TD by RB Hubbard, Dalton 21 of 27 for 278 and 1-0, and then TE Sanders that score. Pick by Horn, 4 KR by OT Johnson,

With two games left, Dalton is crossed 4k at 4134 and is now 2nd again.

Week 17 – At Tampa – They are one worse game than us at 4th. If we lose we could grab their pick. We lose a close one 21-28. They are 5-11 to our 4-11-1. RB Hubbard was 16 for 86 and 1 score. Dalton was 17 of 28 and 209 and 2:0. Scores by WR Johnson and TE Thomas. Pick by Horn, 4 KRB by C Keiffer

Week 18 – At Atlanta – Can we finish strong with my O Team to five Dalton a big push for All Pro? We lose a close but messy 25-28. We scored SIX FGs! Dalton was a rough 17 of 25 for 182 and 1:0. Our lone TD was by Legate. Picks by Woods and Johnson, We had 3 FF all recovered, 2 by Barno, one by Scott, Fumrec by Horn, Ray and TE Swinson on special teams. 3 KRb by OG Ricter, 4 by OT Moton

Close, but not a great offensive finish.

We finish with a 4-12-1 record. There are four 4-13 teams we are behind so we’ll be picking a lower 5th

Old Yesterday, 11:30 PM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2024 NFL Playoffs:

The Wild Card Round:

AFC:

Buffalo at Browns, 0-17
Chargers at Dolphins, 18-26
Bengals at Colts, 35-20

NFC:

Cowboys at Eagles, 25-30
Falcons At Saints, 34-14
Lions at Vikings, 29-34

The Divisional Champion Round:

AFC:

Bengals at Chiefs, 34-27
Dolphins at Browns, 30-23

Both away teams win

NFC:

Falcons at 49ers, 20-36
Vikings at Eagles, 30-38

Both home win. Weird

The Championships:

AFC:

Bengals at Dolphins, 35-22

NFC:

Eagles at 49ers, 24-28

The 2024 NFL Super Bow
l

Bengals vs Eagles

Are the Bengals about to win their first Super Bowl? Without Andy Dalton, that has to be bittersweet with him.

Yes they are, 32-25. Good jorb!

Old Today, 12:31 AM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Season Awards:

Get ready!!!!

Offensive MVP – QB Andy Dalton

All Pro 1st Team:

QB Andy Dalton

All Pro 2nd Team:

CB Joe Horn

Stats:

Offensive:

QB Dalton, 396 of 567, 4662 yards, 35:6, 110.93 rating; 50 carries for 259 yards and a score. 67 times sacked, wow. Dude needs better seeing the rush.

Yards are 2nd best, so are TDs, rating 2nd best; he was our best rusher by yards and attempts

WR Thielen – 108 grabs for 1568 yards, 5th most, 10 scores

WR Legate – 92 for 972 yards, just shy of 1k, also 10 scores

OT Ekwonu – 44 KRB of 121, 3 pancakes, 2nd most KRB for an OT, 14 sacks allowed though

OG Richter – 30 KRB of 84 and 11 sacks allowed

OT Moton, 26 of 72 and 10 sacks allowed.

Special Teams:

K Browder - 29 of 34, long of 48, 38 of 39 PAT

P Gill – 44.86 yards/punt, 41 inside 20 of 101,

Defense:

LB Woods – 107 solo tackles, 1 sack,

We had three players with 5 or 5.5 sacks:

DE Brown, 5.5 sacks, 7 TFLs, 5 blocks and 14 hurries; 9 QB knockdowns; 4 FF

LB Barno – 5.5 sacks, 9 hurries 8 knockdowns, 2 FF

DT Tuttle – 5 sacks in rotation, 4 block and a massive 24 hurries and 7 QB knockdowns. Tied for 8th most hurries

CB Horn – 5 picks, 19 pasdef. 4th most pasdef in league

CB Jackson – 2 picks, 12 pasdef

S Fuller – 2 picks, 2 pasdef, 3 FF

Barno’s stats look good for a starting LB. We’ve got to get those sack numbers up.

Team Awards:

Each year I hand out a bunch of Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year: QB Andy Dalton
– Dude wins a league award like All Pro or OMVP, dude is likely to win this award too, right? Right!!! Shout out to Thielen and Ekwonu.

Defensive Player of the Year: CB Jaycee H
orn – All pro and 5 picks and 19 pasdef. Dude earned this. He also led my team in special teams tackles.

Special Teams Player of the Year: K Nico Browder
– Don’t forget this either! Dude was 9th in kicks made, just missed one PAT and then had a few games where he was most of our scoring. We need to increase his range.

Rookie of the Year: WR Xavier Legette
- Who’s my top looking rookie each year? This year it’s this ten score grab and almost 1000 yard season! Can he built off it?

Heart Award: DT Shy Tuttle – This award is for someone who outplays their talent or spot on the roster. At just 49/49 and rotational by my coaches, this guy led my team in hurries and was Top Ten in the league too. Love him!!!

Final Rookie Lookie
:

Here’s my rookies after one season is done

The good:

WR Legette – 47/63; 56/63
CB Smith-Wade – 42/60; 42/60 – IR
K Browder – 55/70; 65/65
OG Richter – 34/65; 42/65
CB Devonshire – 38/62; 52/62
P Gill – 53/53; 56/56