Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Today, 04:01 PM   #2601
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

I’m at Costco. I have to get on I-40E briefly to get here. It’s a loop entry where you can get on E or W. Above the West entrance, the big board simply said in all caps “DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TRAVEL TO WESTERN NC.”

EDIT: To be clear, IIRC it’s roughly a 2.5-hour drive to Asheville from there.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : Today at 04:05 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:03 PM   #2602
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Dear God. There is also a dam break that has the town of Newport, Tn evacuated. There are reports from scanners there have been other dam breaks where people where not told or able to get out. There is likely going to be a significant death toll in Tennessee/North Carolina.
Another view of Unicoi County Hospital in Tennessee.
Rescue operation with helicopters underway now. pic.twitter.com/5wbOZeaW9Y
— Brian Entin (@BrianEntin) September 27, 2024

Holy shit that's out of a movie.

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:24 PM   #2603
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

The videos coming out of North Carolina are insane too.

Old Today, 05:05 PM   #2604
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I've been trying to get a hold of my brother and my parents for a couple of hours and haven't gotten through. I'm hoping it's just the phone lines are jammed or something.

Those pictures are unbelievable. And as a reminder of why I don't spend time on Twitter any more, that woman's feed is half natural devastation and half pro-Trump devastation. I felt dirty just scrolling through to find the storm-related content.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:08 PM   #2605
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The videos coming out of North Carolina are insane too.
And large swaths of the area have had no cell coverage for hours.
Old Today, 06:14 PM   #2606
Ksyrup

That's what I hope is going on with my family because I can't get through to anyone.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old Today, 06:27 PM   #2607
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
That's what I hope is going on with my family because I can't get through to anyone.
To give you more hope in that arena, I have two friends, one in Sylva and the other in Black Mountain, both of whom are in what they’ve described today as being very safe locations, who had been posting tons of updates to social media. Both stopped posting in the early afternoon today and have been silent since, and I’ve seen multiple posts from parents and grandparents of WCU students saying that their child/grandchild has no service and can’t be contacted.
Old Today, 06:34 PM   #2608
Ksyrup

Thanks. At first I thought I wasn't hearing anything because they were dealing with assessing the damage to my brother's house and cleaning up, but it's been hours so it must be the cell service.
Old Today, 07:41 PM   #2609
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, there's going to be some massive damage to cell towers and other infrastructure. Plus so many people trying to connect at the same time to what's left. You might not hear from them for a day or two depending on how extensive the damage is.