Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Today, 05:56 PM   #1
cdcool
n00b

This is what I'm seeing in 9.1

Update 9.1

If you change the team names in the Team_info file, Players are not assigned to the correct Teams. Somebody, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

cdcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:02 PM   #2
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

I just opened my team_info file to verify what I put in your other thread. All teams have a team ID number and that is what the game should be using to place players. The team names can be changed without causing a problem with player placement.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:23 PM   #3
cdcool
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I just opened my team_info file to verify what I put in your other thread. All teams have a team ID number and that is what the game should be using to place players. The team names can be changed without causing a problem with player placement.

Well, when I start a new League, for 2024, the players are placed on random teams when I change the team names in the file before creating the new league. You have to do this to get the new team names in the game.
Create a new 2024 league and try it

Last edited by cdcool : Today at 07:32 PM.
cdcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:35 PM   #4
NawlinsFan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool View Post
Well, when I start a new League, for 2024, the players are placed on random teams when I change the team names in the file before creating the new league. You have to do this to get the new team names in the game.

Players on random teams? Are you starting with a draft or selecting the players on team? Sound like you selected a draft. I just started a new game with players on team and all appears to be good.

Follow Up: I ran through some games and have noticed errors in starting QB's and more. I will look more at each roster.

Part Deux: Rosters look fine. The game AI makes depth chart changes and in a few instance FA hires that change the starting lineup.

Last edited by NawlinsFan : Today at 10:02 PM.
NawlinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:17 PM   #5
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool View Post

I've created a 2024 league with me controlling the Rams. I created this league with the team names updated. Stafford is my qb, Williams RB, Kupp and Nacua, 1st draft pick Verse, Corum the RB they drafted from Michigan etc. The whole roster is what it should be.

Vikings have Darnold and McCarthy. Chiefs have Mahomes, Kelce. Dallas has Prescott and Ezeikiel Elliot is back on the team. Pittsburgh has Fields and Russel Wilson. The Eagles have Saquon Barkley. Shall I go on?

The players are on the right teams using the real player file. I don't know exactly when Jim made the file, but it's certainly before final cutdowns for 2024 as the game starts in preseason. It's certainly possible some players were cut and went to different teams IRL compared to the file, but the bulk of the players are where they should be based on the included 2024 player file in my game.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote