Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM   #651
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Reading some people that know the region well, they are questioning how well and effectively Hezbollah can go on. They say Nasrallah was basically the only leader that could keep the organization together, and the one that Iran had the most faith in. Now in the matter of days they completely severed the head off the snake.

Those people do not know the region well, good lord.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM   #652
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Those people do not know the region well, good lord.
I'm glad you know better than actual Lebanese people, but I wouldn't expect any less.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #653
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I'm glad you know better than actual Lebanese people, but I wouldn't expect any less.

It's literally a guerilla group known for its flexibility and "next man up" structure. People said the same thing after al-Musawi was killed as well as many others. They just keep getting stronger because the West hasn't figured out how these groups operate and why they're successful.

But hey, maybe this will be the time they'll be right. Broken clocks and all that.
Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM   #654
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It's literally a guerilla group known for its flexibility and "next man up" structure. People said the same thing after al-Musawi was killed as well as many others. They just keep getting stronger because the West hasn't figured out how these groups operate and why they're successful.

But hey, maybe this will be the time they'll be right. Broken clocks and all that.
These guys have been in leadership for decades. I mean, some of them were planners of the attack on the Marines in 1983. These aren't swappable leaders that you can find in other groups. And it wasn't just one leader, it was the whole leadership group. It will take time to rebuild what they had in place without these guys. Hezbollah isn't as much a guerrilla organization as a political party with funding coming from Iran. The political influence is the thing they have lost with this.

Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM   #655
GrantDawg

What’s next for #Hezbollah, if #Nasrallah is killed.
- On the political level: As I said in my succession paper a few years back, not only he is the most charismatic Hezbollah leader (he speaks colloquial Arabic; not Fusha, he smiles, he jokes), and no one else does that.
- He…
— Hanin Ghaddar (@haningdr) September 27, 2024
Old Yesterday, 06:03 PM   #656
Edward64
Head Coach

Many of the next in line are probably crippled or out of commission in the near term.

If Israel is going to invade, soon is as good of time as any.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM   #657
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Many of the next in line are probably crippled or out of commission in the near term.

No time would be as good a time as any. It would be a massive mistake if they do, but it wouldn't surprise me of Netanyahu.
Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM   #658
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

On one hand, their economy is on the verge of collapse and a ground war in Lebanon could be a disaster. They're struggling against Hamas which is not in the same stratosphere in terms of fighting. But they do have air superiority and could just keep bombing endlessly if they want before going in.

On the other hand, Bibi's approval goes up with each new war they start. And it keeps him out of prison. Plus a full scale war before the election hurts Harris a lot and helps Trump, which is an added benefit for Bibi. And he can always hand Trump that Reagan moment on a ceasefire if things do go south.

My gut says full scale war is inevitable and very soon. They really won't find a better time to do it with the Hezbollah command in a state of flux.
Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM   #659
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

If anyone wants to learn more about Hezbollah I highly recommend the book Warriors of God. It should be on Audible or the library apps. Well written and gives a lot of insight into the group and it's structure.