Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #2751
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
It is the angle coming in. The system is going west to east. If it hits south, that means the NW part of the storm hits Tampa.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Not as it's coming in. It's the NE bulleye. Once it hits and begins to move past, I agree. But yu'd much rather it be north than south on approach.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : Yesterday at 05:59 PM.
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM   #2752
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

What I mean by hitting South is the eye is going to be completely south of Tampa. Not a bullseye. That would be the west side of the storm hitting Tampa.

GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM   #2753
GrantDawg

The worst surge of the storm is going to be south of the storm. You want to be on on the north end of the storm, not the south end.

"The deepest water will occur along the immediate coast near and to the south of the landfall location, where the surge will be accompanied by large and dangerous waves," the NHC said in a Monday afternoon advisory. "Surge-related flooding depends on the relative timing of the surge and the tidal cycle, and can vary greatly over short distances." *

Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM   #2754
Silver Owl
High School JV

My niece, her husband and 4yr old daughter is going to be right in the middle of this thing. My sister has been begging them to get out but my nieces husbands mother has convinced them that it isn't going to be as bad as the experts say.
So they are staying ... in a trailer home. People are fucking idiots !!!
Silver Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM   #2755
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Owl View Post
My niece, her husband and 4yr old daughter is going to be right in the middle of this thing. My sister has been begging them to get out but my nieces husbands mother has convinced them that it isn't going to be as bad as the experts say.

Trailer park or just a single trailer? I mean either way is dangerous but I know there are people riding out the storm in a trailer park about three miles down the road from me who have ridden out more than a few storms since I have been here though none as strong as this one. Again not saying that it is not dangerous it may be a case of you don't know what you don't know. But if it is a trailer park, it is just one more thing they are going through together.

Also when you say "in the middle of this thing" do you mean where the eye might be passing over or just in the Tampa Bay area because all of the reports I see talk about the storm hitting the Tampa Bay area. I am technically in the Tampa Bay area. My forecast looks nothing like what is expected in Lakewood Ranch where my sister in law lives which is much closer to Sarasota than Tampa but is still consider a part of the Tampa Bay media market.

I understand what it looks like from the outside but more often than not there is a bit of a method behind the madness. There is a great deal of madness behind the madness as well just to be clear.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM   #2756
GrantDawg

I still remember the devastation that Andrew did to those trailer parks in Homestead. Of course, that hit at Cat 5.

Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM   #2757
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Owl View Post

Ugh. Beyond irresponsible with a 4 year old. Hope they aren't in an evacuation zone. Prayers for them
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM   #2758
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

A lot of people are going to die because we've made a fetish out of ignoring actual trained and knowledgeable people in this country.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM   #2759
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

An old friend of the family that my mother knows lives in an apartment in Orlando and swears that she'll be fine and is not leaving.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM   #2760
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Something I've heard on facebook is that the roads are now clogged with people and it is too late to leave if you haven't. That the traffic has moved 6 miles in 11 hours. Anyone there verify this kind of thing?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:55 AM   #2761
GrantDawg

Milton is still a Cat 5, but it dies look like it is going through an eye wall change right now. That will tend to slow it down about 20mph, but it will also make the wind field even bigger. They are saying it is likely to hit at a 4, and the track is looking like right between Tampa and Sarasota. It is going to be really, really bad. That is still likely a bit better than a direct hit or a hit north of the bay, but at this strength and size, it is going to be a monster.

Old Today, 06:23 AM   #2762
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Something I've heard on facebook is that the roads are now clogged with people and it is too late to leave if you haven't. That the traffic has moved 6 miles in 11 hours. Anyone there verify this kind of thing?

That was definitely the case yesterday but at this point the roads are pretty much empty based on the traffic cameras I am seeing.

EDIT: That does not mean it is not too late for some people to leave. Many of the bridges to places like St. Pete and some of the barrier islands are already closed.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

Last edited by miami_fan : Today at 06:25 AM.
Old Today, 06:33 AM   #2763
Silver Owl
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Trailer park or just a single trailer? I mean either way is dangerous but I know there are people riding out the storm in a trailer park about three miles down the road from me who have ridden out more than a few storms since I have been here though none as strong as this one. Again not saying that it is not dangerous it may be a case of you don't know what you don't know. But if it is a trailer park, it is just one more thing they are going through together.

Also when you say "in the middle of this thing" do you mean where the eye might be passing over or just in the Tampa Bay area because all of the reports I see talk about the storm hitting the Tampa Bay area. I am technically in the Tampa Bay area. My forecast looks nothing like what is expected in Lakewood Ranch where my sister in law lives which is much closer to Sarasota than Tampa but is still consider a part of the Tampa Bay media market.

I understand what it looks like from the outside but more often than not there is a bit of a method behind the madness. There is a great deal of madness behind the madness as well just to be clear.

They are in a single trailer in the St. Augustine area. The adults can make the decision to stay if they want to stay but when they are putting a 4yr old at risk when they have options doesn't make any sense to me.
Silver Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:35 AM   #2764
miami_fan
Coordinator

Be prepared for the pictures coming out of some areas to beyond devastating. Much like Helene, we are already getting rain from a separate system ironically the system that is supposed to weaken Milton. Some areas are going to get 4 to 6 inches of rain BEFORE they start getting the impact from Milton's rain. Also we have piles and piles of debris from Helene that are sitting on roadside all over the places. Here is a quick image search to give you an idea of what will be flying over the next 24-36 hours.

helene debris pickup - Google Search
Old Today, 06:45 AM   #2765
Edward64
Head Coach

Some pretty scary stuff.

Stay safe.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:57 AM   #2766
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Florida prisons refusing to evacuate. One is in Zona A, a mandatory evacuation zone that is supposed to see 12 feet of storm surge.

I am torn on this. logistically seems like it would be a nightmare and a public safety concern. On the flip side these are still people. I guess fewer structures are better equipped to handle a storm like this than a prison.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote