Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Today, 03:32 PM   #4901
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I did a quick search queue of the word "immigration" and you have made 524 posts about it, so I assume it is on your mind quite a lot: Front Office Football Central

You also have over 300 posts with the word "illegal": Front Office Football Central
It definitely is on my mind.

Quote:
When you were signing all the paperwork and making sure that all the proper permits, licenses, insurance were in place, did it cross your mind to consider whether the people building your house were doing so legally (proper labor laws followed, payroll taxes being paid by the builder)?
Nope. Big home builder and had a realtor. Assume everything was good.

Quote:
It just seems like someone that is so interested in immigration would like to make sure that things are being done above board for, what I assume, is one of the biggest financial investments of your life? If not, that is fine, as I am sure it was financially advantageous to you to get the labor as cheaply as you possibly could - but surprising, given that you seem to have such strong feelings on the subject and would have the opportunity to actually affect change in a situation like this by demanding that your builder do things by the way that they were legally or morally intended.
So just because I am against illegal immigration, I should check all the products I buy and companies I use for their use of illegal labor?

Last edited by Edward64 : Today at 03:40 PM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:01 PM   #4902
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Apparently another potential assassination attempt thwarted in CA?

Haven't seen anything on any of the MSM or reddit that I follow. Don't keep us in suspense, what happened?
Old Today, 04:04 PM   #4903
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Haven't seen anything on any of the MSM or reddit that I follow. Don't keep us in suspense, what happened?
Reportedly someone arrested in California had false id badges for a Trump rally and weapons.
Third Trump assassination attempt thwarted when armed man arrested outside Coachella rally, sheriff says
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:06 PM   #4904
NawlinsFan
High School Varsity

Quote:

Headline:

Man in possession of firearms arrested outside of Trump rally in Coachella Valley

Vem Miller, 49, was found to be illegally in possession of a shotgun, a loaded handgun, and a high-capacity magazine
NawlinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:19 PM   #4905
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Reportedly someone arrested in California had false id badges for a Trump rally and weapons.
Third Trump assassination attempt thwarted when armed man arrested outside Coachella rally, sheriff says

Reportedly a right wing anti-government guy.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:20 PM   #4906
Edward64
Head Coach

Thanks.

Quote:
“We probably stopped another assassination attempt,” Riverside County Sheriff Chad Bianco said, according to the Riverside Press-Enterprise.
Quote:
However, law enforcement sources told The Post that the FBI does not believe this was an assassination attempt, and the former president’s life was never in danger.
Quote:
Miller — a registered Republican believed to have far right leanings — was booked for possessing a loaded firearm and a high-capacity magazine.
Old Today, 04:24 PM   #4907
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
It definitely is on my mind.

Nope. Big home builder and had a realtor. Assume everything was good.

So just because I am against illegal immigration, I should check all the products I buy and companies I use for their use of illegal labor?

You found the family of your workers living in your basement while the house was being built? You said that, right? As in your builder, who is already probably not paying taxes on its employees to build your house, is also not paying enough of a wage for its workers to have housing?

That's a little different than checking all the products that you buy and companies that you use, isn't it? It would seem a little harder to ignore, but again you paid less on the house and the builder made money.

I think you are a hypocrite for being okay with what sounds damn near like slave labor when it very directly benefits you and then coming on here to complain about what a problem it is. Based on your deflections and goal post moving, I don't think you have the capacity to self reflect on that. Period. And I don't really care what else you have to say about it. Enjoy your day.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:45 PM   #4908
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
You found the family of your workers living in your basement while the house was being built? You said that, right?
Yes, I said that

Quote:
As in your builder, who is already probably not paying taxes on its employees to build your house, is also not paying enough of a wage for its workers to have housing?
On the first clause, why would I assume they are not paying taxes on the workers I found? Big home builder, it'd be normal for me to assume they are doing things above board. Maybe it was a subcontractor they used, who knows?

On the second clause, yes probably true. But so? Because I'm against illegal immigration, I now not only have to check for their legal status but also make sure they are paid enough?

Quote:
That's a little different than checking all the products that you buy and companies that you use, isn't it? It would seem a little harder to ignore, but again you paid less on the house and the builder made money.
Why is it different? I bought a product from a company (house). You seem to say I should have checked to make sure the company wasn't using illegal labor. Hence, you want me to (and also added wages) ...
Quote:
Tell me why it's different because I'm honestly not tracking your logic, there must be a nuance I'm missing.

Quote:
I think you are a hypocrite for being okay with what sounds damn near like slave labor when it very directly benefits you and then coming on here to complain about what a problem it is. Based on your deflections and goal post moving, I don't think you have the capacity to self reflect on that. Period. And I don't really care what else you have to say about it. Enjoy your day.
No problem.

Last edited by Edward64 : Today at 04:45 PM.
Old Today, 04:45 PM   #4909
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Actually, yes you should, otherwise you're a hypocrite who is happy to benefit from illegal immigrants as long as you're ignorant to the fact.

I have a friend who is a hard core vegan and animal rights activist. She won't buy anything unless she does her research and knows the product aligns with her cause.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:16 PM   #4910
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Actually, yes you should, otherwise you're a hypocrite who is happy to benefit from illegal immigrants as long as you're ignorant to the fact.

I have a friend who is a hard core vegan and animal rights activist. She won't buy anything unless she does her research and knows the product aligns with her cause.

Unless I am the business owner that is hiring the illegals or a homeowner hiring an illegal domestic help, I see no obligation to check if companies or products I buy are done with/by illegal immigrants. The example of me buying a house, using a big home builder, and being responsible for their use of (possibly, not confirmed) illegal labor is not practical.

How many degrees of separation is enough?

Happy to continue this discussion with you but suggest we move to another thread. Post your response and I'll copy it over.

Last edited by Edward64 : Today at 05:16 PM.
Old Today, 05:21 PM   #4911
GrantDawg

Every Republican commercial is about trans people. It is obvious what polling has shown them works.
Old Today, 05:22 PM   #4912
GrantDawg

I t looks like the guy was a right-wing activist, and the guns were just the ones he always travels with.

Old Today, 05:25 PM   #4913
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Unless I am the business owner that is hiring the illegals or a homeowner hiring an illegal domestic help, I see no obligation to check if companies or products I buy are done with/by illegal immigrants. The example of me buying a house, using a big home builder, and being responsible for their use of (possibly, not confirmed) illegal labor is not practical.

How many degrees of separation is enough?

Happy to continue this discussion with you but suggest we move to another thread. Post your response and I'll copy it over.

No interest. You're a flaming hypocrite and I've zero interest to get sucked in to your black hole. Enjoy your home built on the back of immigrant labor.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:29 PM   #4914
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
No interest. You're a flaming hypocrite and I've zero interest to get sucked in to your black hole. Enjoy your home built on the back of immigrant labor.

Okay, no problem.