Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Today, 12:53 PM   #751
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

This photo does nothing to disprove the theory that every picture of Jay Cutler looks better if you photoshop in a cigarette.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:55 PM   #752
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I'll take the win but damn the Saints suck.

I'm generally not a fan of mid-season coach firing. It's a lost season anyway, and the interim isn't going to change much. Just wait until the end of the season.

But, damn, when a team so obviously quits by week 6, I don't know how the owner/FO can just do nothing for the next 12 weeks.
Old Today, 12:57 PM   #753
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

And I don't know the cap implications, but there has to be some contending team that would benefit from Kamara, right? I'd love the Saints to trade him for a mid round pick.

He's too good to be wasting one of his last two or three years on this team.
Old Today, 01:02 PM   #754
PilotMan
Head Coach

The Browns are moving to a dome in the burbs? So much for that aura of frozen that Cleveland had going for it. That sucks.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:05 PM   #755
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I'm generally not a fan of mid-season coach firing. It's a lost season anyway, and the interim isn't going to change much. Just wait until the end of the season.

But, damn, when a team so obviously quits by week 6, I don't know how the owner/FO can just do nothing for the next 12 weeks.
I just heard someone on the radio talking about this. Consensus is that Doug Peterson is going to get fired when the Jags get back from London, regardless of whether they beat the Pats or not on Sunday. And Dennis Allen is getting fired at the end of the season, but there really is no reason to fire him now. A new coach isn't going to magically heal all the injured players.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:32 PM   #756
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
The Browns are moving to a dome in the burbs? So much for that aura of frozen that Cleveland had going for it. That sucks.

They have a long way to go before this could happen. Cleveland could fight it. And if the Browns want a lot of public money, it's a hard case to make that putting a $2.4 billion domed mini-city in the middle of nowhere next to a mid-sized airport is going to bring in convention money. They'd get the obligatory Super Bowl, but perhaps reluctantly.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:21 PM   #757
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I just heard someone on the radio talking about this. Consensus is that Doug Peterson is going to get fired when the Jags get back from London, regardless of whether they beat the Pats or not on Sunday. And Dennis Allen is getting fired at the end of the season, but there really is no reason to fire him now. A new coach isn't going to magically heal all the injured players.

Jim: have you ever run numbers or seen numbers on whether injuries are consistent among teams over the long to medium term? Or are there some teams/training staffs that seem to consistently be better at keeping players healthy?