Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-27-2004, 06:55 PM   #1
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Actual FOF suggestions

Ok, I haven't seen a true FOF thread in a while so I thought I'd start one

Things I'd like to see...

Owner Mode: Actually BE the owner, similar to how the game plays now but no micromanaging. Hire and fire coaches, coaches with their own philosophies and offenses/defenses, to actual contracts that you can renew like player contracts. You can't touch depth charts in Owner Mode, that's the coaching staff's job. You do sign players and draft, as the GM has to approve the $$$ going to a player to you and RL owners are involved in drafting.

Be able to have different sets of city names and team nicknames: I don't want to have to switch stuff back and forth while playing in 2 different MP leagues AND having my single player careers. Can't these be tied to the individual careers? (I know they prob can't the way stuff is setup now, just wishing)

More incentives: Just have more variety is all.

Bring back the crazy emails: I miss these, they actually made me read my email. I don't even bother to check it now except if I have a stadium up for vote or to see HOF results (and even then I don't have to).

Have more than 1 guy a year be suspended: Why is there only 1 guy a season? I don't want 10 or even 5 a year booted for the season but vary it a little between 1-3.

Tell us the # of players under contract for next season: Just have a little box next to where it tells us the cap $ used for next season, telling us the # of players under contract through next season.

That's it for me, anyone else got stuff? I'm not going to put in stuff that is prob getting fixed in the patch since that would be redundant.

Last edited by Chubby : 01-27-2004 at 06:57 PM.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 06:59 PM   #2
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Different league sizes, too.
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 07:11 PM   #3
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I think the option of being able to play as The Rock in the front office would be a good idea.

Old 01-27-2004, 07:18 PM   #4
Danny
Head Coach

What's FOF?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 08:52 PM   #5
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
Ok, I haven't seen a true FOF thread in a while so I thought I'd start one

Things I'd like to see...

Owner Mode: Actually BE the owner, similar to how the game plays now but no micromanaging. Hire and fire coaches, coaches with their own philosophies and offenses/defenses, to actual contracts that you can renew like player contracts. You can't touch depth charts in Owner Mode, that's the coaching staff's job. You do sign players and draft, as the GM has to approve the $$$ going to a player to you and RL owners are involved in drafting.

I have suggested this as well. A very structured hierarchy to cover macromanagers to micromanagers. At the lowest rung you would have Defensive Coordinators and Offensive Coordinators where you set training regimes and personnel packages and gameplans (they would now be seperate so you could have a 4-3 base defense package and a Run n' Shoot offense gameplan or grind it out for TOP....for example. OC's and DC's would have personalized skills that would highlight their abilities in certain standard gameplans. OC - Time Manager, conservative. DC - Opportunistic, Aggressive or whatever.

Next up would be the Head Coach level, where you would have options to "Have Offensive Coordinator recommend all OC functions" button and a similiar button for the Deffensive Coordinator's duties. But at this level you would also adjust rosters and depth charts, execute trades, save and load gameplans.

Above that would be the General Manager which is really a seperate function in itself. So your GM doesn't recommend anything for your headcoach, but this level takes care of GM duties, like, hiring and firing staff, financials, stadium renovations, etc.

So I agree completely with your suggestion!

Quote:
Be able to have different sets of city names and team nicknames: I don't want to have to switch stuff back and forth while playing in 2 different MP leagues AND having my single player careers. Can't these be tied to the individual careers? (I know they prob can't the way stuff is setup now, just wishing)

Hopefully Jim will look into this, but right now 3ric's option is the best, it's archived, stickied, etc.

Quote:
More incentives: Just have more variety is all.

Bring back the crazy emails: I miss these, they actually made me read my email. I don't even bother to check it now except if I have a stadium up for vote or to see HOF results (and even then I don't have to).

Have more than 1 guy a year be suspended: Why is there only 1 guy a season? I don't want 10 or even 5 a year booted for the season but vary it a little between 1-3.

Tell us the # of players under contract for next season: Just have a little box next to where it tells us the cap $ used for next season, telling us the # of players under contract through next season.

The e-mails were always cool. I think there should be more informative e-mails as well. Playoff picture e-mails would be a nice touch, or an e-mail when a certain accomplishment has happened in the Almanac. These would not give the player any sort of advantage over the AI (which has been the biggest argument against adding e-mails...)[/quote]

Quote:
That's it for me, anyone else got stuff? I'm not going to put in stuff that is prob getting fixed in the patch since that would be redundant.

True. The patch is not going to any anything ground breaking (unless Jim's got TCY 1.2 on his mind, which did add quite a few significant extra's that really enhanced that game). These idea's/suggestions are definately for the next version.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote