Served in the Military Yes

Compare with other candidates
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 08:07 PM   #53
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
I concur with Chubbs, or else you'll have to ban Bubba Wheels for all fo his posts... I'd say those are meant to rile up those who lean to the left and some weren't even in "political threads."
I'm not sure I even know who "Bubba Wheels" is.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:08 PM   #54
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
I'm not sure I even know who "Bubba Wheels" is.

The guy that I was going back and forth with (along with others) in that one recent religous thread (i don't even remember the name) where I said something about the bible not being god's word and you thought I meant it figureativily but i meant it literally (i know i can't spell )
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 08:11 PM   #55
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
You're kidding, right?
No.

Quote:
While you're at it, don't forget to ban/close basically every other thread on here for trolling since "technically" it isn't Front Office Football discussion . Especially that new thread killer thread that was started up then closed.
It is clear in the title of the main discussion board that off-topic posts are welcome. It is equally clear that trolling is frowned upon.

Quote:
You want pick a fight with me, that's fine. Remember who started this, you. You want to have a pissing match fine, I'm surprised to see that you want to do in it public but hey w/e.
Nope. I just pointed out what was painfully obvious.

Quote:
You disagree with my political or religious views, fine.
I don't even know what your religious views are, and have only a vague idea of your political views, based on this thread.
Quote:
You want to take shots at me, fine (I am a world-class dick according to you afterall). You want to ban me, fine. I can't stop you. I'll tell you the same thing I told VPI, don't take shots and not expect me to fire back. You have a problem with me, I'm not hard to get a hold of but evidentally you want to do it in public and/or try to make an example of me.
Thou protesteth too much.

Quote:
Go ahead, name where I've been a dickhead. I was going to let it slide but forget it. Post links to threads, you made it public not me. I'm a dick becuase I defended my actions? I'm a dick for thinking Bush is a putz? I'm a dick for basically saying 1 thing to get a rile out of people yet we have news channels (of both sides) pulling shiznit (don't want a swearing warning now do i) out of their behind on a daily basis.

edited for sucking at spelling
It is pointless to even bother to explain myself. Either you really don't get it and never will, or you're just trying to be difficult. Either way, I've got better things to do with my time.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:12 PM   #56
Ben E Lou

Quote:
The guy that I was going back and forth with (along with others) in that one recent religous thread (i don't even remember the name) where I said something about the bible not being god's word and you thought I meant it figureativily but i meant it literally (i know i can't spell )
Oh yeah, I remember the confusion about the literal/figurative thing, but I'm not sure I read much after that. Doing a search now...
Old 02-11-2004, 08:13 PM   #57
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Bush didn't serve in the milatary. He was paid by the military, big difference.

not reading through all of this, so I may be repeating someone...

They just dont pin wings on you for mailing it in.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:15 PM   #58
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm still trying to understand how you "make a deal" with the military to get out 8 months early. I'm sure there were a lot of young men in Vietnam that would have liked to have a shot at that opportunity.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 08:17 PM   #59
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It is pointless to even bother to explain myself. Either you really don't get it and never will, or you're just trying to be difficult. Either way, I've got better things to do with my time.

You're right, I don't get it. I guess standing up for your views is now frowned upon.

You want to pull the "I'm the parent so I don't have to explain myself" routine, fine.

You have the same problem Dutch seems to have. You don't want to acknowledge that other people pay the game differently than you. If nobody brings anything up, how are we to know it's frowned upon in the league if we do it in SP?

I've done nothing but tried to be fair to everyone in the league about this and have gotten nothing but crap from some you. I don't feel I did anything wrong, you obviously do hence the vote which I have no problem. You want to make this a public spat, w/e. Both my doing the contracts that way AND the poll about it should be proof enough that not everyone plays FOF like you.

I'm glad you have better things to do, it means I won't have to take crap about it from you to defend my actions and the beliefs of at least 10 others in the league.

edit: i type way to fast and skip words lol

Last edited by Chubby : 02-11-2004 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:18 PM   #60
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Oh yeah, I remember the confusion about the literal/figurative thing, but I'm not sure I read much after that. Doing a search now...

I didn't know how else to describe the thread so you'd know what I was talkin about

EDIT:http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...ad.php?t=20961
that one, had to search my own posts to remember the title. I remembered it got thread-jacked sort of.

Last edited by Chubby : 02-11-2004 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:19 PM   #61
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz
not reading through all of this, so I may be repeating someone...

They just dont pin wings on you for mailing it in.

I know, you're repeating but it's ok.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:29 PM   #62
Ben E Lou

Quote:
You have the same problem Dutch seems to have. You don't want to acknowledge that other people pay the game differently than you. If nobody brings anything up, how are we to know it's frowned upon in the league if we do it in SP?
Grrrrrr......I said I wouldn't, but this just begs a response.

I am FULLY aware that you do everything you can to exploit the AI's weaknesses. You'd made that clear. The problem is that you're acting surprised that people are upset. If you'd just said, "Yuk, yuk, I got away with one. Y'all forgot to make a rule prohibiting this," then it would be acceptable. Instead, you've chosen to try to "play dumb," pretending that you didn't know that others would frown upon that behavior, and even try to bring the debate over to FOFC, when it is widely known that serious FOFers do not give such ridiculously backloaded contracts.

I simply refuse to believe that you are obtuse enough to have had no idea that you were doing something shady.

Further, I would dare say that many who voted to allow whatever is in the game still frown upon what you did and don't consider it to be remotely sporting. They simply are voting on the principle of "if the game allows it, the league will as well" (which is a valid argument).
Old 02-11-2004, 08:30 PM   #63
Ben E Lou

Quote:
I didn't know how else to describe the thread so you'd know what I was talkin about

EDIT:http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...ad.php?t=20961
that one, had to search my own posts to remember the title. I remembered it got thread-jacked sort of.
Yeah, I found it. I had stopped reading that one before it started to get ugly.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:39 PM   #64
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Grrrrrr......I said I wouldn't, but this just begs a response.

I am FULLY aware that you do everything you can to exploit the AI's weaknesses. You'd made that clear. The problem is that you're acting surprised that people are upset. If you'd just said, "Yuk, yuk, I got away with one. Y'all forgot to make a rule prohibiting this," then it would be acceptable. Instead, you've chosen to try to "play dumb," pretending that you didn't know that others would frown upon that behavior, and even try to bring the debate over to FOFC, when it is widely known that serious FOFers do not give such ridiculously backloaded contracts.

I simply refuse to believe that you are obtuse enough to have had no idea that you were doing something shady.

Further, I would dare say that many who voted to allow whatever is in the game still frown upon what you did and don't consider it to be remotely sporting. They simply are voting on the principle of "if the game allows it, the league will as well" (which is a valid argument).

I'm NOT playing dumb. To me, for someone to PURPOSELY exploit something for the sole purpose of there not being a rule is much, MUCH worse. That is the "let's see what I can get away with" mentality. I'm NOT doing that whether you want to believe me or not.

I went about MP the same way I do SP. That's all. There's no grand scheme, this is how I play SP because that's how I feel I can have a good team, keep the team together, and not stay too powerful (since I don't sign FA's).

Widely known? Hmm so now I'm not a "serious FOFer" oh well. However, if you'd actually read the thread you'd have seen some people that don't have a problem with it. But I guess you just want to see your point of view.

Have I not staunchly stood behind "If it's in the game then allow it" since day 1 of me being in the league? I've ALWAYS said unless there's a bug, leave it "in game". I think it's MUCH easier to do things that way as their would be no argument over any of this. I've also stated NUMEROUS times that in the USFL we don't have a rule about this. Why would I think IHOF is any different?

If it's how I play SP, if I stand by leaving things "in game", and with no rule in the USFL about it WHY would I think there's anything wrong with it?

You're right, I could take the easy way out and say "nyah nyah" but I won't. I have argued in favor of letting EVERYONE do this so I don't have an advantage. I did NOT do it to try and screw people, if I had why wouldn't I be pushing for option 1 when that would allow me to keep my contracts and not allow anyone else to do them? I did it, I thought it was ok. I shouldn't be the only one to be able to do it, that's not fair to the rest of the league.

I take offense to being called a cheat, that's why I get defensive.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:40 PM   #65
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I found it. I had stopped reading that one before it started to get ugly.

Yeah it did, I stopped reading at some point too. I was just too frustrated. I actually just read the last few posts cause I wasn't sure how it ended or if it ever got locked.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:46 PM   #66
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

dola, as far as exploiting the AI's weaknesses I give you this analogy...

You're a coach of a competitive football team. The other team can't stop "Play X". It's their "weakness". Do you not run that play until you are assured victory? I'm not saying run it even when you are up 50 ala Spurrier. I'm saying, it's a close game you have the ball and your goal is to win (as it is in any game not just computer). You run that play to make sure you win.

The Bulls fed Jordan, the Lakers feed Shaq because that is the other team's "weakness", they can't stop it.

Maybe we get our enjoyment from games differently. Do I want to win every SB in a row? No, that's why I place some restrictions on my career... but I DO want to win.

I didn't disagree with Buzzbee calling me a supercompetitive prick. Whether it's FOF, bar darts, or NHL 2004 on my PS2. I want to win and if there's a way to win that I don't consider "wrong/cheating/outrageous" then I'll do it. If it's swoop goals on NHL or running a play in Madden that I know my opponent has a hard time defending. It's no different. If you want to believe I did this to just be an ass then fine, I'm telling you I didn't.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:53 PM   #67
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
Kerry - 100% / Bush - 96% Glad my choice is so clear cut...

Now how in the heck did you manage that? Either you agree with each of them about half the time or neither of them pretty much ever. I've seen a lot of these quizzes & plenty of results, but I honestly don't recall seeing anything quite like yours.

Maybe not fascinating, but pretty darn close in its own way.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 08:58 PM   #68
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And somehow, this thread swerves into a discussion of MP.

And, after reading those little bits, I'm reminded of why I don't play MP.

So it actually served an unexpected FOF-related purpose
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 09:03 PM   #69
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
And somehow, this thread swerves into a discussion of MP.

And, after reading those little bits, I'm reminded of why I don't play MP.

So it actually served an unexpected FOF-related purpose

Heh.

I'm tryin my best to stay on topic To have that high a % for both Kerry and Bush IS strange. Like someone said, I think most of these tests funnel results to where they want them to go. So either someone is voting 3rd party or we found THE undecided voter in America
Old 02-11-2004, 09:14 PM   #70
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst
what's a canidate?

He's a busted 1st-round RB out of Arizona. I really don't know what's so presidential about him, though, besides the fact that he works in Washington.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 09:28 PM   #71
Blade6119
Coordinator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Kerry Score: 100%

Party Democrat
Has Held Elected Office Yes

2 Edwards Score: 99%

Party Democrat
Served in the Military No

3 Dean Score: 86%

Party Democrat

4 Kucinich Score: 86%

Party Democrat

5 Sharpton Score: 71%

Party Democrat
Has Held Elected Office No

6 Bush Score: 61%

Party Republican

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:11 PM   #72
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie
He's a busted 1st-round RB out of Arizona. I really don't know what's so presidential about him, though, besides the fact that he works in Washington.

Excellently done. Beat me to it.

Crim
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:25 PM   #73
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Chubby, in general, you've been a world-class dick lately. Thought you should know.
I hate to threadjack and all, but I have to say I think this was WAY over the line for a moderator. I have no idea what happened between you two in any other threads, but when you pulled that line out all Chubby had done in this thread was speak his mind. Just because you don't agree with him doesn't make him a dick. If speaking your mind and spouting political opinions around here makes one a dick, you're a pretty big dick yourself, Ben.

As for accusing Chubby of trolling, personally I think you overreacted to something that I think was only half serious. I don't see Chubby going out of his way to start fights -- there are a hell of a lot other people around here who do who don't get a warning.

But here's the thing that REALLY bothers me. I appreciate all the time and effort you put into this place, Ben, because clearly it's a lot of work and it's a labor of love. A lot of people enjoy this place, and I think you deserve a lot of credit for your work in keeping this place civil and a valuable resource for a lot of people. As I've said before, while there may be times I disagree with you, you've earned my respect and I think you've earned a certain leeway. Same with Chubbs. If it weren't for guys like Chubbs, Tony, Blackie and Josh, this place wouldn't have been here by the time you became a moderator.

Those guys can walk in here and take a dump in the middle of FOFC, for all I care. So can you. This was pretty close to being your dump, unless it's OK for everybody around to start calling people dicks. If so, I've got some postin' to do.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 11:37 PM   #74
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

in response to Chubby, I'd just like to say that John Kerry eats babies... with Heinz 57 sauce.

And hey, at least he admitted he's full of shiznit on the Bush/Nat'l Guard stuff. That's more than I can say for another chubby guy named Michael Moore.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:06 AM   #75
Calis
College Starter

Ughh, this is one of those threads I feel dirty for reading all the way through. I'll toss in my results anywho.

1 Kucinich Score: 100%
2 Kerry Score: 99%
3 Edwards Score: 92%
4 Dean Score: 90%
5 Sharpton Score: 89%
6 Bush Score: 32%

Man, I really need to start following politics. Went ahead and took this test just because I was curious to get a slight idea where I'd stand if I knew what the heck was going on.

Interesting though, I'll have to start doing some research. I've barely ever even heard of Kucinich, to give you a clue as to my ignorance.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 12:20 AM   #76
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

1 Edwards Score: 100%

2 Bush Score: 96%

3 Kerry Score: 92%

4 Dean Score: 76%

5 Kucinich Score: 73%

6 Sharpton Score: 72%

I am a bit suprised. I did not expect to see a Democrat come out on top. Interesting.

Last edited by GoldenEagle : 02-12-2004 at 12:24 AM.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 01:27 AM   #77
FargoFreez aka fof playa
Banned

1 Wellstone: 100%

6 Bush: 0%
FargoFreez aka fof playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 04:21 AM   #78
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
in response to Chubby, I'd just like to say that John Kerry eats babies... with Heinz 57 sauce.

And hey, at least he admitted he's full of shiznit on the Bush/Nat'l Guard stuff. That's more than I can say for another chubby guy named Michael Moore.

I think they'd taste better with Dinosaur BBQ sauce
Old 02-12-2004, 05:32 AM   #79
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
How so? How did he "serve"? Just because someone collects a paycheck from someone doesn't mean they actually did any work.

Lol I am in the military and I agree with you totally.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 10:07 AM   #80
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

*Looks at results of others*

Geez, it's lonely here in the VRWC on this board.

Completely the opposite of my experience on ACCBoards.com where the board is majority conservative, but has a very forceful and vocal minority from the left. It's a very spirited discussion in the Town Square usually as a result.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 01:56 PM   #81
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack
*Looks at results of others*

Geez, it's lonely here in the VRWC on this board.

Completely the opposite of my experience on ACCBoards.com where the board is majority conservative, but has a very forceful and vocal minority from the left. It's a very spirited discussion in the Town Square usually as a result.

Just take satisfaction from knowing that you are helping to correct the irrational tendency of people to vote Sociali...err Democratic.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote