Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-30-2003, 06:32 AM   #1
Alf
Pro Starter

Smile FOF4 - Shipping delay to Europe

hi guys,

I finally ordered FOF4. The historical project sold me the game. I just put my order 5 minutes ago.

When should I expect to receive the game ? Remember, I live in France . So the question is mainly aimed at Europeans (3ric, Darkiller, etc...)

Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 07:39 AM   #2
aej
n00b

I ordered over a weekend which meant it was posted on the following Tuesday and arrived first post on Friday morning in the UK.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:32 AM   #3
3ric
College Starter

My copy came pretty quick, I don't remember the exact amount of days, but it was delivered on a Saturday when I was expecting it like on Tuesday.
Old 01-30-2003, 10:25 AM   #4
andy m
High School Varsity

good lord, it's aej.
Old 01-30-2003, 10:32 AM   #5
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Last me ask you guys from Europe something. Are you orgianlly from the United States and enjoy NFL football from then or were you born in Europe? I guess it was just interesting to me on how much NFL coverage the rest of the world gets (outside of the super bowl). I guess the reason I ask is that I only know 4 people who are really into soccer (real soccer, not MISL or whatever the professional American league is called) and two of them moved here from England and one of them from Scotland. We play soccer games on the playstation all of the time, but I have no idea who any of the guys are. It just seemed interesting that there are probably some guys playing Tecmo bowl who don't know who half the players are, they just like football.

If this is something that was already discussed in a pervious topic feel free to ignore me. (most of the Americans on this board already do )

Last edited by panerd : 01-30-2003 at 10:33 AM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 10:41 AM   #6
andy m
High School Varsity

for me, NFL was quite big here in the UK in the 80's - the Chicago Bears were hyped up and everyone knew who William Perry and Jim McMahon were. then, like all things hyped, it became uncool to watch it, i lost interest for a while then got back into it in the early 90's when i found a 1991 preview magazine in a local news agent - picked it up, read it and it renewed my interest.

the coverage here is poor these days unless you have cable tv, but the internet means it's easy to keep up with.
Old 01-30-2003, 12:59 PM   #7
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Alf, I got my copy in just about a week if I recall correctly.
It was pretty quick...
- Chairman of the IHOF Hall of Fame
- Athletic Director of the Brigham Young Cougars in TCY
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.
Darkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 05:43 AM   #8
Alf
Pro Starter

Thanks guys. I just received an email from Solecismic Software Customer Support (and that's someone sels than Jim !!!) telling me the shipping will be done today.

To panerd, I am French, raised in France with all my family focusing only on soccer (Spanish roots). Only 1 TV (pay to view it) shows NFL games (they usually show the MNF on late Tuesday, and then some sort of highlights). On Cable TV, ther's also a channel that shows College Football.

The only 2 live games we can see are the SuperBowl and the NCAA Championship game.

How did I come to care about football ? Books ! I just loved the coaching/strategic part of the game and asked a friend who made a trip to the US to bring me back some books (late 80s). Then it was Joe Montana and the 49ers, so that's where I began with football. Now with the internet, that's easier to follow.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:40 AM   #9
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

plus the FOF series to get "into it" even more lol !
- Chairman of the IHOF Hall of Fame
- Athletic Director of the Brigham Young Cougars in TCY
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.
Darkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 12:20 PM   #10
Alf
Pro Starter

Just got my copy today. Less than a week ! Time to load up the historical rosters !
Old 02-06-2003, 04:51 AM   #11
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by panerd
Last me ask you guys from Europe something. Are you orgianlly from the United States and enjoy NFL football from then or were you born in Europe?

French, born in France but lived in the States (Poughkeepsie, NY, home of the Spackenkill Spartans. Boy, did they suck... ) from 1983 to 86 and got the football bug ever since.
Played Strat-o-matic football (dear God, that seems like ages ago !!! I actually simulated a whole season all by myself, all 224 regular season games + playoffs !!!), watched some NFL on the pay TV Alf mentionned and got heavily involved in fantasy football when all the free leagues came up on the 'net...

Also worked in Germany for a couple of years, Dresden, and went to football games. It was German division II or III, average high school level. Go Dresden Monarchs ! Not great football, but fun anyway...

Voila.

Last edited by fantastic flying froggies : 02-06-2003 at 04:57 AM.
fantastic flying froggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 05:09 AM   #12
Alf
Pro Starter

FFF, we have a Euro based Fantasy Football league floating around, we'll post the details when the season appraoches !
Old 02-06-2003, 05:38 AM   #13
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Alf
FFF, we have a Euro based Fantasy Football league floating around, we'll post the details when the season appraoches !

You're on !

(I'll just have to squeeze it in between my other 3 leagues ... )
fantastic flying froggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 05:43 AM   #14
Alf
Pro Starter

Cool. As for myself, I have limited that to 2 keeper leagues and the Euro FFL redraft league !