Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-14-2004, 01:07 AM   #1
sabotai
General Manager

Wladimir Klitschko's health

I just saw his fight with Brewster on HBO2. That was one wierd fight. Wlad seemed to me to get exhausted early in the fight. I don't think it was his chin that did him in, it was that he was just so tired that he just couldn't go on.

I said a longer version of the above paragraph over on the TBCB boad and linked to this article: hxxp://www.fightnews.com/scott162.htm

Someone replied reminding me that Tony Atlas said on Friday Night Fights a few weeks ago that he found out that a top heavyweight contender had some sort of health problem that could end in tragety. He wouldn't say who it was, but he urged them to do the right thing.

The above article said there were rumors of adnormally high amount of blood sugar in Wlad. Of course, none of that was official yet. In fact, the results should be known by now.

It makes me think if Atlas was refering to Wlad when he made that statment. Thoughts?

sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 06:20 AM   #2
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

I read the article as well. There is separate speculation that it is extremely low blood sugar too. Wlad was a walking zombie for the 2nd part of the fight. If a medical condition is causing that, I hope organizations wont license him. The last thing Klitschko needs is to be taking that big of a risk in the ring.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:05 AM   #3
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Well Atlas isn't one of the most reliable sources, but anyways...

Watching the fight again, it sure was strange, but it still doesn't hide the fact that Wlad has a suspect chin. If he does have a blood sugar problem, it should be easily treated by medicine and diet.

But at least Wlad is not making any excuses.

By the way as much noise as Roy Jones Jr. talked dogging Wlad, I wonder if he would be standing if he took the beating Brewster did. I bet not.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:19 AM   #4
Bosco
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog Purple
By the way as much noise as Roy Jones Jr. talked dogging Wlad, I wonder if he would be standing if he took the beating Brewster did. I bet not.

Well Roy Jones Jr. isn't a real heavyweight and wasn't hailed as the next great fighter. I wonder if Vitali is going to fight Brewster too to avenge his brother after the Sanders fight.
Bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:30 AM   #5
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Umm ... is the Tony Atlas mentioned here the same as, or somehow connected to, the Tony Atlas who was a pro wrestler circa late 70s/early 80s?
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:34 AM   #6
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

hehe Mr. USA?

No I am pretty sure he means Teddy Atlas. He trained Tyson, and Michael Moorer and is now an ESPN commentator.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:03 AM   #7
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog Purple
hehe Mr. USA? No I am pretty sure he means Teddy Atlas.

Damn, I shoulda picked up on that without having to ask, it makes a helluva lot more sense to me now.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 02:30 PM   #8
sabotai
General Manager

TEDDY Atles, yes. I can't help it, anytime I think of the Atlas, I automatically put a Tony in front of it because of that wrestler.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 02:55 PM   #9
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

for some reason I keep reading the topic of this thread as "Wladimir Klitschko's death". It has so far come as shocking news to me 3 times today
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote