Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-15-2003, 08:39 PM   #51
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally posted by Anrhydeddu
As far as TDCB, I hope lessons are learned in what to do better next time.

This, IMO, is the most important item to be gleaned from this entire discussion. As a bit of a game writing newbie, I certainly have learned a great deal of what needs to be done for the next game I work on. Things from putting more time into certain things (which will be easier since I am now developing games fulltime), organizing a BETA team, making sure things are 110% tested before even hinting at a release and, the hardest for me, knowing when to stop making changes or additions before releasing.

I also realize that the next game I do will need to be better than the average guy just to overcome the potential negative initial attitudes that some may have because of how TD was released.

Arlie

Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 08:52 PM   #52
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Arlie.. without trying to sound condescending.. welcome to the real world of game design.

I once wondered why Jim Gindin never hung out with the folks here on FOFC. After all, 95% of us here support his games, would gladly buy new games from him, and well, that the input of the people who liked the game the most would make future games better off.

But then I realized, that even with the overwhelming positive nature on this board towards FOF, the old saw comes into play. "You Can't Please everybody all the time".

Look at the shellacking that Jim took on the pre-patched version of FOF4. We all new it was going to be fixed, Jim's always been top notch about it, (just like you guys), but still, there was a small but not insignificant crowd of folks calling for his head.

And that's after FIVE seperate games (the four FOF editions, and TCY)

You have 1 and a half games under your belt (I only count CAD as a half game because the whole nature of it changed during it's patches)

It's cold comfort.. but know this.. for every person screaming at you that this is awful, this needs to be fixed, this game is worthless.. there may be 5.. 10.. maybe even 100 folks who enjoy the game. Look at our Village Challenge for example.

TDCB is still a work in progress.. I have a couple issues with 1.21.. it shouldn't be a regular thing for fast breaks to occur after a missed free throw, because there's usually at least one, if not more defenders at half court before the ball is controlled on the rebound.

Multiplayer is still missing, as is the women's teams (I thought that was going to be in 1.20 ).

BUT..

TDCB is still a very enjoyable game, and one I spend many hours on. Consider this one person who not only won't ask for a refund.. but will anticipate your next game with hand on wallet, ready to spend.

Thanks for letting me speak my piece.

David "SirFozzie" Yellope
Old 02-15-2003, 10:37 PM   #53
daedalus
Pro Rookie

A teensy bit OT since I don't have TDCB . . . but, although, I can't say I agree with the guy all the time (actually, I seem to disagree with him more often than not) but I can't say kcchief is quite as bad as he seems to be represented here.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 10:46 PM   #54
John Galt
Pro Starter

I want a pony too (but not My Little Pony).

Last edited by John Galt : 02-15-2003 at 10:47 PM.
John Galt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 06:30 AM   #55
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by astralhaze
A shettling (sp?) pony? What color?

Is that what they are called? Cool.

I'm not particular on the color.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 06:37 AM   #56
Vince
Pro Starter

What is this Bee? Are you trying to keep my name off the top of the "Last Post" script? Sheesh...

And I believe it's Schetland Pony...

EDIT: I think I only need a few more posts to have threadkilled the entire first page. I need to find something more constructive to do with my time when I'm drunk on a Saturday night.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Last edited by Vince : 02-16-2003 at 06:38 AM.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 08:36 AM   #57
Bee
Pro Starter

I just think there are not enough ponies in college basketball. I think Arlie should address this in an upcoming patch, the customers demand it!

And I think you are right...Schetland Pony sounds right.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote