Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-11-2004, 07:42 AM   #1
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Madden or NCAA (2005), if you can only buy 1

Im in a bit of a budget crunch, and can only reasonably afford one right now. Which one is better in terms of solo gameplay? I will be buying either for the Gamecube, so online play doesnt matter. I like College and the Pro game about equally. I bought Madden 2004 last year, and absolutely hated it, due to the excessive interceptions. Is this improved at all?

stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 07:54 AM   #2
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

If you had a problem with Madden last year, NCAA this year is much worse.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:15 AM   #3
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I threw 8 or 9 interceptions in Madden per game last year, tried to play for about 2 weeks, and it just wasnt fun. Im not expecting to win every game, or just complete bombs, but the defense was cheese. Ugh, sucks that NCAA has "uber-safeties" now.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:16 AM   #4
Bee
Pro Starter

If you didn't like Madden's game last year, I'd skip both games this year.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:20 AM   #5
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Wasnt NCAA 2004 pretty solid? I never bought it, but its like 20 bucks right now(or Less).
Old 08-11-2004, 08:38 AM   #6
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Wasnt NCAA 2004 pretty solid? I never bought it, but its like 20 bucks right now(or Less).

Yes. Pick that one up if you have to have one.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:38 AM   #7
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I'd buy Madden this year over NCAA. I feel NCAA took a step in the wrong direction.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:16 AM   #8
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I have both and after playing Madden for a while I have to say I am impressed I stop playing for a couple of years because it was beyond wack but this version is fun.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:18 AM   #9
Yossarian
High School Varsity

I dont have this years madden.

I didn't have a problem on AllPro last year with ints. always had a high 20's td and about 5 ints after a season.

I have ESPN this year (will get madden on PC). Its interception crazy unless you mess with sliders.

Both teams get lots of inters.

Last edited by Yossarian : 08-11-2004 at 09:19 AM.
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:25 AM   #10
samifan24
Pro Starter

I'm glad to see that others are experiencing frequent INTs in Madden. The first and last Madden I purchased was 2001 and I played for less than half a season because of the excessive and ridiculous interceptions. I tried messing with the sliders but to no avail. At least now I know it isn't just me.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:25 AM   #11
Hoya1
High School JV

I think it was your style of play that was the root of all the int's. I never had a problem
Hoya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:45 AM   #12
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I haven't had much of a problem with INTs in Madden. Had a funny one last night when playing against my roommate, tried to set up a WR screen but the pass hit off my O-lineman's helmet into the hands of the CB, who was then drilled by the WR who knocked the ball loose from the CB in which the fumble was recovered by the o-lineman who started the disaster. Very weird, very funny.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 06:53 PM   #13
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I would buy ESPN and save the $30 for NCAA 2004 and some Subway.

If it was only between Madden and NCAA, tough choice as with sliders NCAA has been fun (maybe it's because Missouri actually has a team this year that can win on NCAA) for me.

Right now it would be NCAA, but I just started messing with Madden as ESPN is still getting most of my free time.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 07:23 PM   #14
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

For those who play Madden and get alot ints it is because of the way you play offense if you are throwing deep all the time you will throw a bunch of picks. I play a 7-10 yard offense with a good running i can get 5-7 yards a carry on All-Madden. I got a friend who just launches them for the deep pass all day which I just pick off because i just play off and sit in the zone. I would suggest a short pass offense because

1. Less Risky
2. Ball Control - Meaning the normal game for people is 5-6 min and offense is usually 3-4 if u can drive it down the field.
3. Confuse the defense with passes to your halfback, fullback and tightend. They won't know who to defend making it easy to pick them apart.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:58 AM   #15
Jets80
High School Varsity

Madden all the way. I own both. could not get into to NCAA at all. It seemed to slow and the games just seemed boaring. Just got Madden yesterday and noticed a difference right from the start. The game play is smooth and fast. The outside of game features like stats, free agents, trades and other stuff loads fast and keeps you involved in your franchise. Madden definitly beats collage 2005.
Jets80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 10:09 AM   #16
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I would buy ESPN and save the $30 for NCAA 2004 and some Subway.

If it was only between Madden and NCAA, tough choice as with sliders NCAA has been fun (maybe it's because Missouri actually has a team this year that can win on NCAA) for me.

Right now it would be NCAA, but I just started messing with Madden as ESPN is still getting most of my free time.

Todd
More games under my belt with ESPN and Madden. I really, really, want to love ESPN, but the franchise is horrid. ..and Madden's is beautiful!

Todd

Last edited by MizzouRah : 08-12-2004 at 10:09 AM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 10:17 AM   #17
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Get madden the graphics are pretty good and passing is a lot better than in ncaa.