Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-05-2004, 02:59 PM   #1
JeeberD
General Manager

Beer and Red Bull all in one?

Anheuser-Busch’s ‘BE’ Takes Beer to a New Level

ST. LOUIS (Oct. 4, 2004) - B-to-the-E (BE), Budweiser's newest entry in a long line of innovative beers by Anheuser-Busch, is a distinctive new product for contemporary adults who are looking for the latest beverage to keep up with their highly social and fast-paced lifestyles.

As the industry leader, Anheuser-Busch is the first major brewer to infuse beer with caffeine, guarana and ginseng. Well balanced with select hops and aromas of blackberry, raspberry and cherry, BE will offer a lightly sweet and tart taste - a great mixture of beer and new flavors for adults to enjoy when out with friends at a club or at a bar after work with colleagues.

Brewed at Anheuser-Busch's Houston brewery, BE will be packaged in a sleek, slim-line 10-ounce can with stylish graphics. Pending formal government approval, BE will be launched in multiple phases throughout the year in markets across the country.

"Contemporary adults thirst for variety and what's new, and our B-to-the-E delivers a beverage that is true to their lifestyles and range of drinking occasions," said Pat McGauley, senior director of New Products and High End Brands, Anheuser-Busch, Inc. "Our new B-to-the-E provides caffeine, guarana, and ginseng in a great tasting beer."

BE will be priced slightly higher than Budweiser and marketed through local print advertising, point-of-sale materials, bar and club promotions and online programs. BE will contain 6.6 percent alcohol by volume.

"We created a great new drink that's outside the boundaries of the taste adults would expect from a traditional beer," said Nathaniel Davis, brewmaster, Anheuser-Busch, Inc. "With B-to-the-E, we've come up with a beer that has a taste with a 'wow' factor at the finish."

Based in St. Louis, Anheuser-Busch Cos. Inc. is the leading U.S. brewer and holds a 50 percent share in Grupo Modelo, Mexico's leading brewer. In a survey of 10,000 business leaders and securities analysts, Anheuser-Busch ranked first overall in quality of products and services among nearly 600 companies researched in FORTUNE magazine's 2004 "America's Most Admired Companies" listing. The company also is one of the largest theme park operators in the United States, is a major manufacturer of aluminum cans and is the world's largest recycler of aluminum beverage containers. For more information, visit www.anheuser-busch.com or www.budweiser.com.

------------------------------

Guess getting drunk isn't enough anymore. Now we gotta get drunk and get a caffeine high at the same time...

*shakes head*

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 03:07 PM   #2
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
B-to-the-E (BE)

Sounds like they are trying to get the 'urban' customers.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 03:08 PM   #3
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I've got an idea. Let's take someone who's already gotten their courage in a bottle a-hole factor going on and pump them with caffeine to really get them going.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 03:15 PM   #4
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Tons of these drinks already exist. I'm all for it.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 03:16 PM   #5
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I guess people can't just enjoy a tasty soda. They have to have great taste and a caffiene high at the same time. *shakes head*
Old 10-05-2004, 03:17 PM   #6
Hurst2112
College Starter

I will stick to my vodka/redbulls. My heart murmers thank me for it.

Last edited by Hurst2112 : 10-05-2004 at 03:18 PM.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 03:20 PM   #7
Token Asian Guy
n00b

there's already an energy drink called sparks, 6% alcohol by volume, that makes you really, really bad at golf if you drink too many of them. but hey, at least you've got energy!
Old 10-05-2004, 03:22 PM   #8
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token Asian Guy
there's already an energy drink called sparks, 6% alcohol by volume, that makes you really, really bad at golf if you drink too many of them. but hey, at least you've got energy!

that's the exact one I was thinking of. It comes in an orange and silver can and tastes like liquid Sweet Tarts (the candy).

I love the stuff, but it's too sweet to even think about having more than 1.

I love any of these energy drinks because they easily allow me to go out at 10.30 and stay out until 4am without feeling winded. I'm a night person at heart.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:23 PM   #9
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
"We created a great new drink that's outside the boundaries of the taste adults would expect from a traditional beer," said Nathaniel Davis, brewmaster, Anheuser-Busch, Inc.

To my untrained ear, that sounds suspiciously like: "We created a new drink that tastes like yak urine (but we think the kids will drink it)."

Last edited by QuikSand : 10-05-2004 at 03:23 PM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 03:26 PM   #10
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
To my untrained ear, that sounds suspiciously like: "We created a new drink that tastes like yak urine (but we think the kids will drink it)."
If it tastes like the other drinks on the market like this (note in the article that Anheiser is the first 'major' brewer to make such a drink), it will be bitter as all hell. Very fruity and sour, and not at all resembling a beer flavor.

I'm an avid fan of these things, they're a great kick-start to a long night out.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 10-05-2004 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:27 PM   #11
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Anheuser-Busch’s ‘BE’ Takes Beer to a New Level

[i]ST. LOUIS (Oct. 4, 2004) - B-to-the-E (BE), Budweiser's newest entry in a long line of innovative beers by Anheuser-Busch, is a distinctive new product for contemporary adults who are looking for the latest beverage to keep up with their highly social and fast-paced lifestyles.

This sounds more like a Simpson's parody of a new product description than it does a *real* product description.

Last edited by Fonzie : 10-05-2004 at 03:29 PM.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 03:59 PM   #12
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Just what beer needs . . . more cowbell.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:15 PM   #13
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Red Bull

Mo' Power To Ya!
Old 10-05-2004, 04:22 PM   #14
Buzzbee
College Starter

If I'm not mistaken, I think the 'active' ingredient in Red Bull is Taurine. Taurine similar to Taurus. Taurus equates to 'bull'. The drink is red, hence Red Bull. As a result, Quik's reference to Yak urine probably isn't too far off the mark.

In regard to the "B to the E" caffeine is a stimulant, but it is my understanding that if you drink enough caffeinated beverages that the effect is diminished to the point of being negligible. As for the bat guano and ginseng, I have no idea what effects they produce.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:56 PM   #15
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Actually Red Bull is a urine-like color. Not red at all.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:59 PM   #16
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
Actually Red Bull is a urine-like color. Not red at all.

My mistake. I thought it was Red. I don't drink it, obviously.

Urine color huh? Maybe QS knows more than he is telling.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:01 PM   #17
The_herd
College Starter

Quote:
Well balanced with select hops and aromas of blackberry, raspberry and cherry

Brewed at Anheuser-Busch's Houston brewery, BE will be packaged in a sleek, slim-line 10-ounce can with stylish graphics.

This sounds way to girlie to even be considered a beer...
Old 10-05-2004, 11:14 PM   #18
TLK
Pro Starter

anything that helps the chickies get loaded is alright with me .... I really can't imagine this tasting to good....

Last edited by TLK : 10-05-2004 at 11:16 PM.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 01:16 AM   #19
bbor
Pro Starter

Whiskey is where it's at.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 02:00 AM   #20
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor
Whiskey is where it's at.

Bleh. Hangover city...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 02:20 AM   #21
Izulde
Head Coach

Ginseng... not sure what effect it has on normal people... but I know in bipolar people, it increases the incidences of the manic side of the mood swings
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote